Belkin is cheap

cpatterson23

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
This is very insightful. All Belkin wanted is to sign JJ to offersheet knowing well that Suns would have to match, in order to keep their payroll to 32mil.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/hawks/0805/07hawks.html
well it says i have to join that ajc thing, and im not going to, but i already get the jist of it. And right now, I think belkin might be more of a dumb jerk than mark cuban, who always has been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
good post.. I love this comment:

Gearon Sr. rejected Belkin's contention that two first-round picks are too valuable to give up in the deal. "We've had, I'd estimate, 33 first-round draft picks since 1972," he said, "and not one of them has evolved into a player the quality of Joe Johnson.

what a piece of crap franchise....what are you thinking Joe?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Wow reading this really makes me view JJ as a complete utter idiot if he still joins the hawks. The whole franchise in on the rocks, including the owners. I mean just reading that article about 12 daggers get inserted into each others backs.

You would have to pay me MORE then 70 mil for 5 years to play for that @#$%.

(well not really but you get the point)

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This quote really cracks me up.

"This is the most critical free-agent acquisition in the history of the franchise," Gearon Sr. said. "And I made the next biggest, Dan Roundfield."

If that statement doesn't speak to the sorry state of the Atlanta franchise, I don't know what does.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
But at least they want to change the image of the franchise by signing JJ. Given their sorry past, it's the only way for them to get to some respectability in the future.

Reaction score
cly2tw said:
But at least they want to change the image of the franchise by signing JJ. Given their sorry past, it's the only way for them to get to some respectability in the future.
I agree. Some Hawks fans are actually wieghing the pros and cons of the deal. Thats the wrong way to look at it for them. Its not like there are any other FA's even wanting to go to ATL, much less one with real talent. The price is a max deal, Diaw, and 2 1st rounders. They have been living off draft picks for years now. Why not just give up a couple (they cleary can't draft well anyway) and cut to the chase by getting Joe?

I still hope it falls through, but I've come to except that we are losing JJ. Let us both move on and end this nonsense.

But Joe is going to one screwed up franchise. No wonder they are the franchise that they are. They say that the worst decision you can make is not making any decision at all. 8 out of 9 owners finally made a decision to change the franchise and this guy wants to get cheap. What an amazing show of incompetence by the Hawks organization.

Sarver is looking better and better. He just deals with the teams that he can get a good deal off of (Clippers, Knicks, Hawks)!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Azlen said:
This quote really cracks me up.

"This is the most critical free-agent acquisition in the history of the franchise," Gearon Sr. said. "And I made the next biggest, Dan Roundfield."

If that statement doesn't speak to the sorry state of the Atlanta franchise, I don't know what does.

LOL, that's classic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson