Belichick and Patriots parting ways (Hired Jerod Mayo)

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Vrabel to New England makes so much sense. Kraft can offer him a huge contract, and he would be coming to a fanbase that already loves him, and the #3 overall pick.

My prediction as of now is Vrabel to NE, Harbaugh to LV, and Dan Quinn to Seattle

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Vrabel to New England makes so much sense. Kraft can offer him a huge contract, and he would be coming to a fanbase that already loves him, and the #3 overall pick.

My prediction as of now is Vrabel to NE, Harbaugh to LV, and Dan Quinn to Seattle
The Patriots long term plan has been for Jerrod Mayo to take over.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And he’s barely an average HC.
Ok, ok. Tomlin is a “good” HC. But, it emphatically ends there. Consistently gets beat by the great coaches, consistently gets beat by the great team, and hasn’t won a playoff game in 7 years.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Once he got a taste of life without Brady, it wasn't so good.
The last couple of years have shown that the Patriots success was tied way more to Brady than Bill. I think he is a great defensive mind but overrated when it comes to head coach and GM.
Partly, I also believe Casario(?), who ended up in Houston as GM, may have been critical to his long term success. He never has an issue with coach churns, but the loss of those two seem to have been impacting.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh is the longest tenured head coach in the league at 17 years with Belichick and Carroll gone.
The Steelers have had 3 head coaches in the past 62 years. We have had 12 head coaches since moving to Arizona.
The Cards have had more Coaches while Tomilin has been the Steelers coach than the Steelers have had in the last 62 years.
:jawdrop:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has to increase the chance they take a QB in draft.
But... if they like Williams or Maye, they may need to trade up with the Bears, leaving the Bears to take MHJ at #3. If they like one of the other QBs, they may be willing to trade back a bit, leaving another team to jump in to #3 and take MHJ. At the very least, they could leverage the Cardinals to give up something to move up one spot for Harrison Jr.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But... if they like Williams or Maye, they may need to trade up with the Bears, leaving the Bears to take MHJ at #3. If they like one of the other QBs, they may be willing to trade back a bit, leaving another team to jump in to #3 and take MHJ. At the very least, they could leverage the Cardinals to give up something to move up one spot for Harrison Jr.

Hmmm.. interesting. But it does seem a little unlikely daves, that if NE likes Daniels for example, they trade below us sending their pick to a team that wants MJH.

That would open the door for a team like ATL to trade for our pick and steal Daniels away from them. A bad start for the Pats rebuild.

I agree with you 1000% though that the intrigue factor will be off the charts for this draft. At least until and if CHI trades away Fields. Then the jig will be up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wants the record from Shula and only needs 15 more wins. I think he coaches until he passes Shula for all time wins.

Yeah I get that, he might have to do that for 3 years to get that with any other team but the Chargers and I think he really risks damaging his reputation overall by falling backwards over the line.

Falcons, Panthers, Raiders and Titans all have QB questions. Washington is possible, they have the #2 pick, but you're rolling the dice on a QB being good right away and they are in a tough division. I don't see the Seahawks replacing one septuagenarian with another.

He was considered the GOAT until 2 years ago. That's already diminished. And if he goes somewhere and fails with another QB his reputation will always be "He could only win with Brady".

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Patriots long term plan has been for Jerrod Mayo to take over.

I’ve heard from a diehard Patriots fan that ILB Coach Mayo may be the choice. That would be a huge mistake. Yes, Vrabel makes too much sense.

You guys are probably correct.

I watched the press conference from Robert Kraft and reading between the lines - it sounded like they might have already made a decision.

Could be HC and GM promotions from inside the organization.