Bears announce new starting QB

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how Grossman does, because I read more differing opinions on him before the draft than any other player. Some people were saying he's the closest thing to Favre in several years. While others were saying he will never amount to anything. I have no idea how he'll do, but he's got me curious. I hope he beats the Vikings this week but it's probably a long shot. Stewart was never going to take that team anywhere though, so they might as well look at Grossman.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Houdini, we did our part to help you guys out. Wouldn;t it be great for the Cards to officially eliminate the Vikes??

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Well, Houdini, we did our part to help you guys out. Wouldn;t it be great for the Cards to officially eliminate the Vikes??

If that happened and if we actually win the next 2 games to win the division, we could actually get Dallas at Green Bay. Us Packer fans would love to get the Cowboys at Lambeau. In the early to mid 90s we had to goto Dallas almost every year because of stupid schedule quirks or because Dallas was the better seed in the playoffs. I still remember Reggie White yelling for a rematch at the Cowboys players after the Packers lost to the Cowboys in Dallas during the regular season. "Come to Lambeau, Come to Lambeau!" But the Cowboys lost to the Panthers in the playoffs that year and we beat Carolina in the playoffs instead of getting Dallas. I'd love to see an IceBowl II at Lambeau.

I can't look that far ahead though. The Packers haven't won more than 2 in a row all season, so it's still not a lock that they'll win their final 2 games or even get into the playoffs.

Thank you Rex though. Tillam too! That was one of the best interceptions I ever seen. I'm still surprised that the Vikings didn't score more.

Rex looked ok, not great. He didn't make any big mistakes, but it looked like his height is a disadvantage like the announcer pointed out with the batted balls.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
If that happened and if we actually win the next 2 games to win the division, we could actually get Dallas at Green Bay. Us Packer fans would love to get the Cowboys at Lambeau. In the early to mid 90s we had to goto Dallas almost every year because of stupid schedule quirks or because Dallas was the better seed in the playoffs. I still remember Reggie White yelling for a rematch at the Cowboys players after the Packers lost to the Cowboys in Dallas during the regular season. "Come to Lambeau, Come to Lambeau!" But the Cowboys lost to the Panthers in the playoffs that year and we beat Carolina in the playoffs instead of getting Dallas. I'd love to see an IceBowl II at Lambeau.

I can't look that far ahead though. The Packers haven't won more than 2 in a row all season, so it's still not a lock that they'll win their final 2 games or even get into the playoffs.

Thank you Rex though. Tillam too! That was one of the best interceptions I ever seen. I'm still surprised that the Vikings didn't score more.

Rex looked ok, not great. He didn't make any big mistakes, but it looked like his height is a disadvantage like the announcer pointed out with the batted balls.

I agree with you about not looking too far ahead - the Packers still have issues on defense.

There were two things yesterday that really stood out to me about the Packers game.

1. Favre - best he has played all season, so any team out there that thinks we are nothing but run, run, run better wise up (Drive was super hot yesterday - hopefully they can keep the consistency up).

2. Grady Jackson in the middle of the Defensive line. Dude has major quicks for a big guy - he was all over the Chargers backfield yesterday. We finally got consistent play in the opposing teams backfield and pressure on the QB. That was very nice to see.

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
I agree with you about not looking too far ahead - the Packers still have issues on defense.

There were two things yesterday that really stood out to me about the Packers game.

1. Favre - best he has played all season, so any team out there that thinks we are nothing but run, run, run better wise up (Drive was super hot yesterday - hopefully they can keep the consistency up).

2. Grady Jackson in the middle of the Defensive line. Dude has major quicks for a big guy - he was all over the Chargers backfield yesterday. We finally got consistent play in the opposing teams backfield and pressure on the QB. That was very nice to see.

Shawn

I agree with all of that. Teams are really loading up to stop Green. It's a good thing Favre's thumb is starting to get better to help counter punch that.

Grady was a great find. He helped seal the win yesterday causing that fumble near the goal line. We lucked out that no one else picked him up on the waiver wire so we could get him.

Bottom line is we still have to win though, and that's not a given with this parity driven league. At least they keep my heart pumping each game though.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini

Obviously the jury is still out. His deep throws seemed pretty decent. He did the ONE thing that was most important. He didn't make any stupid mistakes that cost the Bears the game. These days in the NFL, that may be the single most important thing.

I believe he has developed a good foundation to build on. Maybe the next coaching staff can mold him more and the Bears will have a good QB. He has the strongest arm of any Bears QB maybe dating back as far as Vince Evans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison