Battlefield 3

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been playing this pretty much every day on the PS3. Pretty much I suck :)

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I like this game. I don't love it like I thought I would. I have played close to 24 total hours now and am still frustrated with many aspects of the game.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
PC version is 100x better.

are you speaking about graphically, game play, both? I can't see it being 100x better. I would figure it is better since that is the platform they primarily designed the game for.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you running it on, and at what settings?

Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
Radeon 5770 graphics card

Looks amazing and runs smooth. I can't remember what setting I have it set to but it's on the higher range.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you speaking about graphically, game play, both? I can't see it being 100x better. I would figure it is better since that is the platform they primarily designed the game for.

Game play. Bigger maps and up to 64 people on the PC version. Only up to 24 people per map on the Console. That's a huge difference! I love playing on the 64 player servers.

Graphics are also Sharper on the PC version. Assuming of course your PC is realatively new and you can bump up the video settings.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
Game play. Bigger maps and up to 64 people on the PC version. Only up to 24 people per map on the Console. That's a huge difference! I love playing on the 64 player servers.

Graphics are also Sharper on the PC version. Assuming of course your PC is realatively new and you can bump up the video settings.

I knew all that but didn't think the maps were actually bigger. That is interesting. I guess with 64 players it would be good but I find the maps to be big enough on xbox with 24 players. I don't think I would want them any bigger to be honest.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew all that but didn't think the maps were actually bigger. That is interesting. I guess with 64 players it would be good but I find the maps to be big enough on xbox with 24 players. I don't think I would want them any bigger to be honest.

All of the bigger maps were removed from the console games. You obviously don't need them with only 12 players per side.

The bigger maps have a lot more vehicles. Which helps you to get from point A to point B. My favorite map is Operation Firestorm in which each side gets 5 tanks plus helicopters, jets and mobile AA. Lots of Tank vs Tank battles which is my favorite.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CoD MW MP, imho, is targeted at teenagers with the kill streaks and condensed maps that promote twitch play. If I'm going to play a twitch game, I prefer to do all the killing myself without the help of dogs, helicopters, or remote controlled cars tyvm.

Battlefield is for the more sophisticated gamer, again imho. There are those who play BF games for KD alone, and those players are usually a liability for their team as they care more about themselves than they do about accomplishing team objectives. My experience with BF2 was that if I had one or two friends in my squad and we were co-operating to take flags, we would win almost all the time. The only time we were challenged or lost was when the other team had more than 2 actually playing as a team.

That said, none of my bf2 friends have bought bf3, so I'm trying to find a decent BF3 server / clan or something - preferably AZ. Know of any?

So your more sophisticated than I because I prefer fast action. Got it.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
@BigRedRage-are you BigRedRampage on 360? I was playing a match and someone had that gamertag. If so I want my dog tags back. :p

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope. Right now im BLOOD AMWmmSA its an inside joke...my old name got banned for the fourth time and I had a brainfart when it wanted a new name.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Map sizes are not bad considering. 12 players per side kind of sucks but it's doable but if they could have stretched this so 16 players per side and slightly increased the size it would have been alot better IMO. Also, it seems like the kits are very limited this time around. I was expecting more kits.

Still some damn fun maps though. I don't know the name of the map but the one where you dive off the cliff is bad ass and fun. Also, the sound is simply amazing. Especially if you have surround sound. Holy crap!!!!!

Last but not least can we tone down the tactical flashlights? They are ridiculous and stupid. At high noon a tactical flashlight would be toned down against the sun. It shouldn't fill my entire screen.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Map sizes are not bad considering. 12 players per side kind of sucks but it's doable but if they could have stretched this so 16 players per side and slightly increased the size it would have been alot better IMO. Also, it seems like the kits are very limited this time around. I was expecting more kits.

Have you unlocked all of your kits already? I haven't even come close to unlocking mine. I still have two classes I haven't even played yet.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
I have unlocked a bunch of stuff. However most of it is useless. I mean do I really need a 4x scope or 7x score on my UMP-45 or a 6x rifles scope for my A-91? I like the idea of having all of these unlocks for guns and classes but a lot of it is useless. I am not one to use scopes/sights playing games but am getting used to some on here.

I had issues with the tactical lights but I don't really care anymore. I got used to them. I use them pretty frequently now only because I know most have issues with the blinding effect so i will use it to my advantage. I don't use the laser sights. I find them ineffective and give away your location. If I could turn it off light the tactical light it might be better. I love the fact that I can put endless mines or c-4 do so long as I have someone else in my squad feeding me ammo.

I love the unlocks you get for your entire squad. I have unlocked squad ammo, squad sprint, and almost squad explosives-which you get a level 31. You can really have an effective squad if all you have something to share like this.

I find the jets to be pretty useless. They are fun to fly if you are in a match with few people that know how to use the but they are pretty ineffective in my opinion against ground troops and such. I am getting used to flying the helicopters again and find those somewhat effective but not like they were in BFBC2 where you can just take over a match with one and a good gunner.

Also I like what they did with the implementation of battlelog.battlefield.com even for consoles. It has helped me rank up quicker seeing what I need to work on.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
Tired of seeing the MW3 thread at the top of this forum so a little bump was needed. :D

Also getting very bored with these map already. Karkland maps out for PS3 today anybody play yet? I think I may head over to my buddy's house tonight to get a sneak peak before xbox gets them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for that map too. I have been really busy so not had a chance to play much. My vacation is starting soon so I will get some time then.