Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barbarian

Release Date: September 9, 2022
Studio: BoulderLight Pictures
Director: Zach Cregger
MPAA Rating: R for some strong violence and gore, disturbing material, language throughout, and nudity.
Screenwriter: Zach Cregger
Genre: Horror | Thriller

Plot Summary: A woman staying at an Airbnb discovers that the house she has rented is not what it seems.

Starring: Georgina Campbell, Bill Skarsgård, Justin Long, Matthew Patrick Davis, Richard Brake, Kurt Braunohler, Jaymes Butler, Sophie Sörensen

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We saw this a few weeks ago, pretty messed up. Don't go see this if you have have a fear of basements. And be careful about your AirBNB selections!

Pretty entertaining.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super fun horror movie. Go in cold. Don’t read anything about it.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow.

Maybe it’s your taste in movies that’s bleeding awful?
No. Critical success does not make a movie good, and every time we disagree doesn't mean "you're right, I'm wrong." Viewers also liked it a lot less than critics.

I have a movie buff/horror buff friend watching with me. He is very in tune with the genre and with genre conventions. We were both stoked because it got such good reviews. He actually apologized for "making" me watch it, which was silly, because I had wanted to see it myself. The idiocy of so much in the movie, Chekhov's "children," the attempt to be Psycho, etc etc, was eye-rollingly bad for me.

Different strokes for different folks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Critical success does not make a movie good, and every time we disagree doesn't mean "you're right, I'm wrong." Viewers also liked it a lot less than critics.

I have a movie buff/horror buff friend watching with me. He is very in tune with the genre and with genre conventions. We were both stoked because it got such good reviews. He actually apologized for "making" me watch it, which was silly, because I had wanted to see it myself. The idiocy of so much in the movie, Chekhov's "children," the attempt to be Psycho, etc etc, was eye-rollingly bad for me.

Different strokes for different folks.
So, what you’re saying is your friend has awful taste in movies, also?:mrgreen:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose