Autograph friendly Cardinals?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With training camp coming up I was wondering if people could post some experiences with who are approachable players and who are not. I don't want to negatively characterize people because sometimes they were just having a bad day. It's hard to explain to your kids when someone denies your autograph request or is an ass about..... much like Kurt Rambis was to me many years ago :mad:

Some of the best players in the past I have spoken to have been LJ Shelton, Aeneas Williams and Eric Swann.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the players have seemed pretty accessible at training camp

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
kids when someone denies your autograph request or is an ass about..... much like Kurt Rambis was to me many years ago :mad:

I've always thought that Rambis was a good judge of character...:D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best ever:

LJ Shelton
Jake Plummer
Frank Sanders
Michael Pittman
Marcel Shipp
Rob Moore
David Barrett
Dave Mcginnis

Ok sometimes but not the best:

Adrian Wilson
Fred Wakefield
Darnell Dockett
Bert Berry

Worst:

Emmitt Smith
Kevin Kasper
Leonard Davis
Thomas Jones

I know that a lot of these dont do you any good Ryan(not in NFL anymore or on team) Im just listing all based on personal experience over the years. If I can remember a few more I'll post them.

Last edited:

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Fitz and Boldin were great two years ago and i even got Emmitt to sign.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Best ever:

LJ Shelton
Jake Plummer
Frank Sanders
Michael Pittman
Marcel Shipp
Rob Moore
David Barrett
Dennis Mcginnis

Coach Mac's younger brother rarely gets asked for autographs, so when he is asked, he is thrilled!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year at training camp, on the one day I went, Kurt, Rackers and Fitz (most notably) took a lot of time after their practice to sign autographs. Eric Green, too. Basically all the newbies had to come over and sign, too :)

Fitz was one of the last players to leave, if i remember correctly. He even took a picture with a baby. (aww)

But again, that was just one day.

The only other time I've met Cardinals players was at the Womens' Camp, and the players who were there were more than happy to sign autographs (and take pics).

Dockett, Wells, Shipp, Boldin (for the time he was there), Femi, etc

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Coach Mac's younger brother rarely gets asked for autographs, so when he is asked, he is thrilled!!

My bad I meant Dave :D

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
From Prescott

Eric Green (CB) is a great guy who signs for everyone, very personable, very intelligent, great sense of humor. He's a guy who has a future in media if he wants it.

Kurt Warner frequently signs, about every other day it seems. Very patient, signs for most everyone.

The younger guys like Aaron Francisco, Tim Bulman, and Leron McCoy sign often.

If you go to the Saturday scrimmage, the popular guys like Q, Fitz, and Kurt will have their own lines and you likely will only get thru one.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
I haven't been to training camp (yet),

but at last year's Cards @ Dallas game we got:

Rackers
Fitz
Shipp
Berry
Davis
Macklin
Swinton

Rackers stood around talking to my wife and I for about 5 minutes afterwards. Berry was also talked with us briefly. Davis seemed a bit annoyed, but I would be too after that performance. Fitz was trying to get to everyone. Macklin's folks were there and were terrific. I don't know if David wanted to sign, but his mother would have been all over him if he had tried to walk away. As for Swinton, he was nice about it and his Dad was very friendly, but you may want to get to camp in the first couple of days if you want that autograph! :wave:

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
There was a guy who had long blond hair, wore cut off jeans and sandals and drove a white Jeep Wrangler.... HE WAS THE BEST EVER. If you ever met the man you felt like you knew him. I told him once, "nice game" and he told me, "thanks for coming" then asked where I was from. I asked him once what he did in the off-season he asked me what I do for a living... then he told me how much he admired my choice of careers.... Jake, Swann, and Sanders were all great, but you're kidding yourself if you think PT wasn't the greatest ever.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Frank Sanders is the All-time best.

I remember him standing out there talking with us for a good 15-20 minutes and then giving away his gloves. All of this while giving me a hard time (Wearing my Cowboys Jersey)

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Frank Sanders is the All-time best.

I remember him standing out there talking with me about getting a pay phone installed in his game room for a good 15-20 minutes. All of this while giving me a hard time (not having any pics)
:lmao:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BIG used to be, Arrington, Johnson, Player, Rackers used to be, Hodgins, Pace,
Wakefield, Berry. Most have been very kind to me.
Some are getting star status and change a bit.
Depends on the workout and day they're having, also.
Dripping sweat after being pounde and beat all day isn't conducive for friendlyness.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
i've said this before but every single player that i asked to get my picture with was more than happy to stop will Mrs English tried to zoom in (or out in Big's case) - only KW didnt as he was on his phone at the time, but even he waved and said sorry!

if i can work out how to post pics i will put them on here -

Femi was a top bloke who stopped and chatted about NFLE etc for about 5 minutes with me!

Wilson pulled the meanest face, Q looked the coolest!

having said all this i was the only one there and you call yourselves fans LOL :notworthy (apart form a guy from Philli who have brought them all some kind of snack each)

on another note the guy in the ticket office also gave me some pin badges a 'media guide' and some other stuff - along with the the old dear in the team shop (who also gave me dicount and the half ton of Cards gear i bought) made us feel very welcome!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Best ever:

LJ Shelton
Jake Plummer
Frank Sanders
Michael Pittman
Marcel Shipp
Rob Moore
David Barrett
Dave Mcginnis

Ok sometimes but not the best:

Adrian Wilson
Fred Wakefield
Darnell Dockett
Bert Berry

Worst:

Emmitt Smith
Kevin Kasper
Leonard Davis
Thomas Jones

I know that a lot of these dont do you any good Ryan(not in NFL anymore or on team) Im just listing all based on personal experience over the years. If I can remember a few more I'll post them.

Mine won't do Ryan any good either, but I'm gonna post anyway.

Corey Chavous was great. Wadsworth was very cool. Agree with Aeneas and Plummer. Tobin actually pulled out a folding chair after a game outside SDS, cracked open a can of Coors Light and talked with me and my brother (wearing Pats gear) for a good while.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what will normally happen at the practice is this...you won't get auto's before or during practice. Stand where they walk off the field, if you call out a guys name and walk towards them they WILL stop and sign. They all love having their ego stroked. You gotta figure they're walking with a ton of players next to them, they want to hear their name called out amungst the others.

I got Tillman's auto that way. We briefly spoke and I got his autograph.

Training Camp in Flag is FUN and Beautiful.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can get you a hundred Bernard Wilson #94 autographs if you want any,I work with him every day. Love picking his brain about the Buddy Ryan / Tobin years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in and say that Eric Green is a great, great kid. After one preseason game my little (and by little I mean 6'2", 215, but 15 yrs old at the time) brother asked him for his gloves, and he just tossed them over the fence to us. Guy quickly became one of my favorite Cardinal players and earned a captain's spot of my Madden team.

cards 24-7-365

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I saw Eric Green with J.J. and LeRon McCoy after the last home game last year in PF Changs. They sat in some open seats next to us at the bar and bought us a shot and some appetizers. All good down to earth guys.