ASU @ Washington State

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a lot of concern about the team before this win, a lot of negativity and skepticism. What do you all think about ASU at this point after the pummeling of WSU?

I was happy before, I am happier now.

I'll admit, I was shocked by the feel of this board following the UW game. I know we all have a right to be whatever kind of fan we choose to be but what a downer coming in here. You'd have thought we just got slaughtered. I miss the type of fan I used to be, the guy who drank the koolaid every day. I wish I could figure out how to go all the way back to that guy, he was a lot happier. Unfortunately, I suspect the first thing I'd have to do is say goodbye to this forum.

Steve

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'll admit, I was shocked by the feel of this board following the UW game. I know we all have a right to be whatever kind of fan we choose to be but what a downer coming in here. You'd have thought we just got slaughtered. I miss the type of fan I used to be, the guy who drank the koolaid every day. I wish I could figure out how to go all the way back to that guy, he was a lot happier. Unfortunately, I suspect the first thing I'd have to do is say goodbye to this forum.

Steve

Excellent post. I guess the sentiment has been "I'm from Missouri" on ASU football in light of the recent history, but it is kind of a downer on here frequently. We need more kool aid!!

But I am cautiously optimistic. Washington was a big win and the level of thumping we put on WSU on the road was way beyond my expectations.

If ASU can repeat this against Utah, and get the W against Oregon State at home, I am going to be pretty excited heading into the UCLA game. UCLA could be surprised in Tucson and who knows, maybe Washington can give them a tough game as well. But we are better off controlling our own destiny of course.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Steve

Agree with this. I guess the idea is to go in with low expectations, hope for the worst, and don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out. So far, it's impossible for anyone to say this season hasn't been successful.

Nice to see us get an easy win on the road, and it should be exciting until the end of the season, which is pretty much all you can ask for.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Steve

IMHO, fans have a very solid case to be leery and skeptical of this team... Well, up until last night.
Seriously, how many road wins did Erickson put up? And last year was Graham's first.
This season is, at least for me, the first season in a very, very, very long time where as a fan, you can say the team is legit and moving in a very positive direction.
There will be many who will discount the win last night as it was "only WSU"... However, to perform at that level, o.n the road and in back to back games is something I just haven't seen from this team in like forever...
Now, it could all unravel with a loss to Utah, however, I am a believer in Graham and I believe he has this team as well coach and well prepared as possible. I believe they will show up against the Utes and while it may not be anything close to the ass-whooping they just delivered to the two schools from the state of Washington, I believe they will come out on top...
Can't wait for that game at UCLA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMHO, fans have a very solid case to be leery and skeptical of this team... Well, up until last night.
Seriously, how many road wins did Erickson put up? And last year was Graham's first.
This season is, at least for me, the first season in a very, very, very long time where as a fan, you can say the team is legit and moving in a very positive direction.
There will be many who will discount the win last night as it was "only WSU"... However, to perform at that level, o.n the road and in back to back games is something I just haven't seen from this team in like forever...
Now, it could all unravel with a loss to Utah, however, I am a believer in Graham and I believe he has this team as well coach and well prepared as possible. I believe they will show up against the Utes and while it may not be anything close to the ass-whooping they just delivered to the two schools from the state of Washington, I believe they will come out on top...
Can't wait for that game at UCLA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rockon:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Agree with this. I guess the idea is to go in with low expectations, hope for the worst, and don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out. So far, it's impossible for anyone to say this season hasn't been successful.

Nice to see us get an easy win on the road, and it should be exciting until the end of the season, which is pretty much all you can ask for.
An 8-9 win season is and should be a success for 90% of the programs in the country including ASU. But I'm somewhat preaching to the choir as you've always been one of those that has had normal realistic expectations. There's way too many idiotic CFB fans out there that don't realize how difficult if not impossible it is to compete at a championship level if you're not one of the blue bloods.

The question I have for ASU fans is if they have their red gear ready for the 11/9 game in Tucson?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching ASU play the last two games, they are the best team in the south division and I see them beating Utah, UCLA, Oregon State & the UofA. Don't know if they can win at Oregon but the Pac-12 title game will be a shootout.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
An 8-9 win season is and should be a success for 90% of the programs in the country including ASU. But I'm somewhat preaching to the choir as you've always been one of those that has had normal realistic expectations. There's way too many idiotic CFB fans out there that don't realize how difficult if not impossible it is to compete at a championship level if you're not one of the blue bloods.

The question I have for ASU fans is if they have their red gear ready for the 11/9 game in Tucson?

Hey, growing up an ASU/Cardinals fan makes you really appreciate the good wins, as they're few and far between. :D

No shame in losing to the Oregon/Stanfords of the world - nearly every school in the country can't compete with them. 8-9 wins a year means that most games will matter late in the year, which is what it's all about for me.

Graham's routine is a bit corn ball for my liking, but I really like the guy as a coach, and more importantly, head of a program. Sure his gameplanning isn't always great, and his game management is far from perfect, but the guy gets players to buy in, and that's huge. ASU is finally beating the teams it should beat, which is a huge improvement from the past.

It's unfortunate that fans in this state are so apathetic, (feel free to omit the a) they're missing out on a really fun to team to watch.

And yes, I won't say I'll be rooting for the Cats next week, but I also won't be sad if they win.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
I was going to get season tickets but the same day I found out I was moving to Vegas and I couldn't commit to making that drive all the time. If I move back to the valley after my first year here in Vegas, I will be getting season tickets.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
After watching ASU play the last two games, they are the best team in the south division and I see them beating Utah, UCLA, Oregon State & the UofA. Don't know if they can win at Oregon but the Pac-12 title game will be a shootout.

ASU looked good, wicked good!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kool Aid is being poured by CTG. He's a zealous bartender. You're welcome to drink. I'm way past done.

I'm ready for something more substantial. I've put in my time and I've earned it.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kool Aid is being poured by CTG. He's a zealous bartender. You're welcome to drink. I'm way past done.

I'm ready for something more substantial. I've put in my time and I've earned it.

Its not just kool aid though Gad. What is happening on the field looks pretty substantial.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not just kool aid though Gad. What is happening on the field looks pretty substantial.

It does appear to be substantial, but I've been fooled before.

ASU has four games left. They *have* to win two of them to consider the season a success. They *need* to win 3 of them to maintain some forward momentum. Win four and I will personally kiss Steve Patterson's booty.

All four games are going to be tough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does appear to be substantial, but I've been fooled before.

ASU has four games left. They *have* to win two of them to consider the season a success. They *need* to win 3 of them to maintain some forward momentum. Win four and I will personally kiss Steve Patterson's booty.

All four games are going to be tough.

I think we're clearly good enough to go 4 - 0 but you're right, it's a tough stretch and it has been a very long time since we've played good, solid football consistently. I have no idea what we'll do but I love what we've done the past few games.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think we're clearly good enough to go 4 - 0 but you're right, it's a tough stretch and it has been a very long time since we've played good, solid football consistently. I have no idea what we'll do but I love what we've done the past few games.

Steve

The nice thing is, we're beating the teams we're supposed to. It's never really been a matter of talent - we could come up with 20+ examples of games we've frittered away that we could have or should have won.

Of our remaining games, I think we beat Utah/Arizona/Oregon State handily, and we'll see what happens in Pasadena. (Yes, I realize I'm expecting ASU to not be, well ASU, but CTG has me on board)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The nice thing is, we're beating the teams we're supposed to. It's never really been a matter of talent - we could come up with 20+ examples of games we've frittered away that we could have or should have won.

Of our remaining games, I think we beat Utah/Arizona/Oregon State handily, and we'll see what happens in Pasadena. (Yes, I realize I'm expecting ASU to not be, well ASU, but CTG has me on board)

Didn't they just get voted into the #23 slot in the BCS standings this week? Which would typically mean that they should lay a large egg this Saturday, right?? I mean, that's what being ASU is about isn't it?? :bang:

If they truly want to win over the fanbase and the national media, go kick Utah's arse...
Oregon State won't be easy either, however, I can see the Devils putting up 60 or more points in that game!
I'm glad they play UCLA before they play Arizona...
UCLA plays at Arizona and then hosts Washington prior to our game. Would LOVE to see them come up short in one of those games... I don't see it being Arizona as the Cats just don't have the offense (QB) to get it done. However, if Price is healthy, I can see him and the Husky offense giving UCLA a very tough battle... maybe doing enough to eek out a victory.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort