ASU vs Syracuse

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we won the cheerleaders contest. Our girls are babes. Theirs were mostly uggers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden was MIA again and that was the difference between these teams. We also missed too many free throws.

I don't believe Harden's lack of lift can be blamed on injury, aj. He never does have high hops. Very disappointing. Maybe he was simply a big fish in a small pond out here and has been exposed. Or, more likely, he choked.

He will be an average pro. His best assets are court vision, passing and long arms.

Harden's strength at finishing in traffic is his biggest asset. Seems like in the last 3 games teams kept him out of the key more.

He's a great college player, a terrific passer. I think he'll go, he's not a great shooter but good enough and he's got NBA SG size.

I wish he would stay hell I wish they'd all stay. That's one reason the Big East is so good now, they haven't had nearly as many of the one and dones as say the Pac 10 has, so their teams are more experienced now.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That game absolutely BLEW.. man.. and the worst part.. It reminded me so much of ASU/Temple, where the entire game you never got the sense that temple was REALLY going to challenge. There was only one time during the entire game where I thought: yeah ASU might actually pull this off, and that was when ASU pulled within 61-57,

Then Syracuse hit a 3 and that was the dagger...It was sickening.. thats about it..

Now I have ALL my eggs in one basket...

LETS GO CLEVELAND ST! If UofA gets to the sweet 16, I am just going to be sick!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
harden needs to stay another year.
With your avatar, why would you root against my beloved Orangemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is nauseating. GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Harden's performance in 2 NCAA tournament games erases his performance all year? The Pac-10 Player of the Year is gone and will be a top 10 pick easily, more than likely a top 5 pick.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well a decent year for the Sundevils just hoped Harden would have played better in the tournament and in the pact 10 championship game. I really think Harden should stay another year and prove he can play better when it counts like in the ncaa tournament etc. But a promising year for the devils and hopefully we make it back next year :). GO DEVILS

Last edited:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
With your avatar, why would you root against my beloved Orangemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is nauseating. GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this game was so hard to watch man. I go to ASU, i may have been jumped haha. In hindsight im happy Syracuse won because they have a WAY better shot at doing damage in the coming days. but harden does need to stay one more year.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well a decent year for the Sundevils just hoped Harden would have played better in the tournament and in the pact 10 championship game. I really think Harden should stay another year and prove he can play better when it counts like in the ncaa tournament etc.
Or he can stay another year, enter a stronger draft, and watch his flaws get more and more exposed playing with a bunch of scrub big men.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Harden was MIA again and that was the difference between these teams. We also missed too many free throws.
That and available talent. Sendek whiffing on the entire 2008 recruiting class absolutely killed any shot of ASU being an elite team this year (and next too).

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i think he is. I think he needs to show that though. He definitely has a label of a not big gamer now. Another year here and he would be the only guy. He could show he can carry a team like Blake Griffin did this year. The NCAA tourney hurt his stock bigtime.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
i think he is. I think he needs to show that though. He definitely has a label of a not big gamer now. Another year here and he would be the only guy. He could show he can carry a team like Blake Griffin did this year. The NCAA tourney hurt his stock bigtime.
Blake Griffin also knew he had a dynamic wing in Willie Warren coming in to help take him and the team to the next level (and that's without mentioning this was Taylor's senior year). If anything it's going to be more of a struggle for Harden next year as teams will be more focused on him with ASU playing 4 on 5 offensively with all the minutes Boateng projects to be getting.

It's one thing if Sidney or somebody else was coming in, but Harden would be taking a huge risk ditching a lottery guarantee to play with a much weaker supporting cast.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If anything it's going to be more of a struggle for Harden next year as teams will be more focused on him with ASU playing 4 on 5 offensively with all the minutes Boateng projects to be getting.

Don't underestimate the Boat!!! He is certainly no Pendergraph but I think he can be effective at times. Even when he plays well, he looks so awkward doing it.

"We're not that far off from them," Pendergraph said. "This is a good season to build on. If any players out there want to get better and have a good college experience, they need to come see Herb."

It's too bad Pendergraph's last game didn't turn out well. Seeing him fighting back tears after fouling out was just what you would expect, a guy that brought it every night and genuinely cared. For a guy who had dealt with some terrible years here, he was almost always the emotional leader of the team, and loyal to ASU. I hope he can add some strength and be a rotation player on an NBA team.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LETS GO CLEVELAND ST! If UofA gets to the sweet 16, I am just going to be sick!

Well, if we had drawn Utah and Cleveland St, I think ASU would also be in the Sweet 16. I also think U of A wouldn't have beaten Syracuse. So, I see no reason to be bitter about it. It's just the luck of the draw.