ASU vs Notre Dame

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Kelly didn't show enough emotion or say exactly the right things to convince a reporter that Kelly was appropriately devastated by the death of someone he likely didn't know very well or have much interaction with. So, you know ...

You must be registered for see images attach
Ya, the reporter is the jerk. Brian Kelly is a peach. :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, the reporter is the jerk. Brian Kelly is a peach. :)

Didn't say that! Just noting the reporter is unfit to so harshly judge Kelly in that scenario. Righteous indignation was inappropriate.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't say that! Just noting the reporter is unfit to so harshly judge Kelly in that scenario. Righteous indignation was inappropriate.
I am not so sure, but the reporter is an esh hool at times for sure.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed out tonight to Dallas on the 1:00 AM Spirit Airline flight. Ugh.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I thought the helmets the Sun Devils wore in the last game was super cool with the fork on one side and the number on the other side. I can understand changing helmet colors to excite the kids. However, it seems ASU has gone away from the maroon color for at least the last two seasons. ASU's traditional colors is supposed to be maroon and gold, not wine and gold. Even my daughter, who rarely notices such things or follows football, commented what happened to ASU's maroon color.

The gold is the bigger change in my opinion. We've gone from a rich, darker more mustardy yellow to traffic cone bright yellow.

Go into the team shop and SDS and look at the old Sparky helmets next too the new gold fork helmets, its a startling difference.

But your right, ASU has changed its maroon too. Its much less brown now and much more red.

I hate all of it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I love ASU but I've always thought it was idiotic that they call their yellow unis gold.

Notre Dame wears gold. FSU wears gold. UW wears gold. ASU wears YELLOW!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can change designs in the uniforms but wine and yellow does not cut it. If they must be creative, use ASU's original colors, maroon and gold as a base.

I used to really like ASU's home uniforms of gold pants, maroon tops and gold helmets. Then when they went on the road, I liked their away uniforms of gold pants, white tops and gold helmets. I've always disliked their solid color uniforms, period.

Just one man's opinion.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately the mods will be moving this thread to the ASFN Fashion forum.

:bang:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think ASU wins this game. Here's why:

- Kelly on the road
- ND's anemic rushing game will find life against ASU

And that's it. I expect ND to win by a touchdown.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think ASU wins this game. Here's why:

- Kelly on the road
- ND's anemic rushing game will find life against ASU

And that's it. I expect ND to win by a touchdown.

That's a reasonable argument.

I think back to the Missouri game last year and other challenging road games since then. ASU and Kelly just seem to be a bit up tight and out of their element in these games and make things hard on themselves. I am hoping that changes.

I am also hoping that Jaxon Hood is able to play this game which would be a huge help. Last I read, he was still "no contact" at practice. ASU is also switching their linebacking core around to shore up the run defense. They know it is a problem and we'll see if those moves have an impact.

HooverDam

Reaction score
They can change designs in the uniforms but wine and yellow does not cut it. If they must be creative, use ASU's original colors, maroon and gold as a base.

I used to really like ASU's home uniforms of gold pants, maroon tops and gold helmets. Then when they went on the road, I liked their away uniforms of gold pants, white tops and gold helmets. I've always disliked their solid color uniforms, period.

Just one man's opinion.

I always liked the G-W-M road unis. G-W-G was a bit too bright for me, and Id liked having major pieces of the uniform be each of our colors.

I love ASU but I've always thought it was idiotic that they call their yellow unis gold.

Notre Dame wears gold. FSU wears gold. UW wears gold. ASU wears YELLOW!

Its a bit of semantics. ASUs traditional color is probably more golden or goldenrod than the sparkly metallic gold that ND and FSU wear.

But saying "Maroon and Goldenrod" sounds kind of silly. "Maroon and Mustard" is probably most correct (or was before they made it more traffic coney), but people probably don't like the sound of that.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Anyone coming to Dallas for the game? I'll be there & i look forward to chatting with him. I even had it out on Bickley & MJ with them the day he was hired, because I knew he would turn the Devils around & into contenders. :D

I went to HS with Todd & played softball with him after we went to college. Did anyone know that Graham was a badass all American DB at ECU in Okla & actually was in TC when Stallings was HC? He was one fast dude!

He is 1-0 vs the Irish when his Tulsa team beat them in South Bend about 3'yrs ago.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone coming to Dallas for the game? I'll be there & i look forward to chatting with him. I even had it out on Bickley & MJ with them the day he was hired, because I knew he would turn the Devils around & into contenders. :D

I went to HS with Todd & played softball with him after we went to college. Did anyone know that Graham was a badass all American DB at ECU in Okla & actually was in TC when Stallings was HC? He was one fast dude!

He is 1-0 vs the Irish when his Tulsa team beat them in South Bend about 3'yrs ago.

See Jf-08's post above. Maybe you can pick him up at the airport at 1 AM. ;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this game being played in Dallas instead of Tempe?

It is ASU @ Notre Dame.

They (Notre Dame) started this Shamrock Series a few years back and each year play one game per season at locations in Texas, Illinois, New York, etc. Supposed to go through at least 2016.

Here is who/where ND has played so far...

2009: Washington State at The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas

2010: Army at Yankee Stadium, in the Bronx, New York

2011: Maryland at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland

2012: Miami (Fla.) at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois

2013: Arizona State at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas

I believe the next one is:

2011: Navy at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland

Here is an article about the series:

Shamrock Series Success

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100213aag.html

Under the 7-4-1 schedule model adopted by White and followed during the 2009 and 2010 football seasons, Notre Dame played seven true home games, four road games, and the Shamrock Series game, which in terms of receipts and television coverage is considered a home game.