ASU vs Notre Dame

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ASU hasn't been able to stop them much tonight, going to need to stand tall here.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
can't stop the pass, can't stop the run, need a turnover here badly.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what affects Kelly's eyes any time he leaves Tempe

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, ASU losing another big game on national TV, this is refreshing and new. ND is not that good of a team, ASU shouldn't be ranked the rest of the season, they are a good team, but have no business being top 25.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, about as ugly an interception as you can throw, right there.

Agree. Notre Dame set us up perfectly with an incomplete pass to end their drive, and stop the clock, then we failed to complete a simple fair catch for decent field position. Ugh

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a team ASU should lose to. Embarrassing mistakes tonight.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team is soft as tissue. Every year same ole ****. Weak ass offense. No defense. Stupid mistakes. Withering away in the spotlight.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is soft as tissue. Every year same ole ****. Weak ass offense. No defense. Stupid mistakes. Withering away in the spotlight.

Yep, spotlight is not kind to ASU. I was amazed how we could get no pressure on ND's QB. Where the hell is Will Sutton? Just another case of ASU disappearing in the national spot light. ND isn't even the same team as they were last year, and they were overrated last year and humbled by Alabama.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How will the Sun Devils come back from this? Never beating a ranked team? 2-3... Fraudulant..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, spotlight is not kind to ASU. I was amazed how we could get no pressure on ND's QB. Where the hell is Will Sutton? Just another case of ASU disappearing in the national spot light. ND isn't even the same team as they were last year, and they were overrated last year and humbled by Alabama.

I don't think we disappeared. I think this is just what we are. We're a decent team but nothing more. You can't be a good team and play defense the way we do.

Steve

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think we disappeared. I think this is just what we are. We're a decent team but nothing more. You can't be a good team and play defense the way we do.

Steve

Perhaps, just getting tired of being a "decent" team. ASU is one of the biggest colleges in the nation. I know big college does not correlate to winning, but come on, ASU has rode this "a little above mediocrity" for as long as I can remember.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Devils are that team that is good, but just not good enough...
Grice is good, but not good enough...
Kelly is good, but not good enough...
Foster, Strong, Coyle.... Just not good enough...

We can't run the ball and while we have improved our run defense, we still aren't good enough against the run.
We also can't get to the opposing QB, which places far too much pressure on an average at best secondary.

I get the impression the team just doesn't have the type of players/talent needed to play Graham's style of football.
We seriously lack speed on offense at all of the skill positions. And on defense, we just don't have enough top talent across the entire unit. Sutton is a nice college player, but that's as far as I'm willing to go on him. Bradford seems to be the one with the most natural physical tools and the only one i can see playing on Sundays in the NFL.

Still 1 & 0 in the South, though, I'm not sure we have what it takes to get past UCLA.
They're in the north but even Washington gave one helluva an effort last night against Stanford. We play the Huskies in Tempe, but that game will no doubt be a huge battle for the Devils...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Devils are that team that is good, but just not good enough...
Grice is good, but not good enough...
Kelly is good, but not good enough...
Foster, Strong, Coyle.... Just not good enough...

We can't run the ball and while we have improved our run defense, we still aren't good enough against the run.
We also can't get to the opposing QB, which places far too much pressure on an average at best secondary.

I get the impression the team just doesn't have the type of players/talent needed to play Graham's style of football.
We seriously lack speed on offense at all of the skill positions. And on defense, we just don't have enough top talent across the entire unit. Sutton is a nice college player, but that's as far as I'm willing to go on him. Bradford seems to be the one with the most natural physical tools and the only one i can see playing on Sundays in the NFL.

Still 1 & 0 in the South, though, I'm not sure we have what it takes to get past UCLA.
They're in the north but even Washington gave one helluva an effort last night against Stanford. We play the Huskies in Tempe, but that game will no doubt be a huge battle for the Devils...

Strong is good enough. And I think Sutton plays at the next level.

Steve

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Strong is good enough. And I think Sutton plays at the next level.

Steve

Strong might be... Gonna need some serious coaching up and even then, I'm really not sure he'll make it. Has the size and hands, but he doesn't seem quick enough... We'll see.
As for Sutton, where would he play in the NFL?
What position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not ready for prime time. I only saw the first quarter. Couldn't believe Nelson had a pick 6 easy but let it go right through his hands. ASU was manhandled up front, Notre Dame got whatever they wanted. Bad tackling, bad decision making with the ball, way too much blitzing and it was ineffective leaving receivers open. At least we get Colorado next week.

I looked for highlights but couldn't find any on ESPN or NBC. If anyone has a link, please post.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strong might be... Gonna need some serious coaching up and even then, I'm really not sure he'll make it. Has the size and hands, but he doesn't seem quick enough... We'll see.
As for Sutton, where would he play in the NFL?
What position?

7 technique end, where he's always belonged.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard