ASU student writer has no class. What an a$$hole

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Typical of ******** ASU fans to think there's nothing wrong with heckling a guy about his wife's untimely passing. But I'm used to it by now having a Dad and a brother who are ASU fans. The same brother and Dad who lobbed Korey Stringer insults at Vikings fans and players during the game 2 weeks ago and spewed other Derrick Thomas related insults at the Chefs game a couple of years ago. Hell last year in Tucson at the football game they were yelling Bobbi Olson jokes with no regard for any family members or friends of the deceased that could be nearby. But now I realize it's not just my brother and Dad's inability to control their alcohol why they do these things, it's just the ASU way.

PS - If I offended any ASU fans with any class and character, I'm sorry for the stereotype. But so far no ASU fan has stepped up and acknowledged how out-of-line this writer and other students were in heckling Lute about his late wife.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
But so far no ASU fan has stepped up and acknowledged how out-of-line this writer and other students were in heckling Lute about his late wife.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Doesn't really make much sense to me. Holler at the player or the coach, or even rip Tucson, but why bring their family into it ala Kerr's dad or Lute's first wife? That's classless.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I thought the article was pretty funny.

The part about Bobbie was out of line but I guess it is his own lack of class shining through. The funniest part was how Lute was "unprovoked" when he got the T. The guys brags about lobing insults then is suprised when Lute "says" SCOREBOARD!

There is plenty of embarrassing things done by both sides. I am a UofA fan but Adams posturing bugs me sometimes. He can jump out of the gym so he acts like like he just cured cancer when he finishes an ally-oop lob pass. :rolleyes:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How politically correct. :barf:

Same kind of thinking took what once was viewed as important literary works and banned them. :rolleyes:

And that highly offensive (to some) piece of crap article is a literary masterpiece?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Sounds like BIM is stretching just to find something bad to say about the UofA. That's not only sad, but pathetic as well. :p

Arizona beat three #1 seeds to become National Champs. No other school can say that. Many people were saying Roy Williams had one of the best Kansas teams ever. They were the #1 team in the nation with only one loss before losing to the UofA.

If Gilbert Arenas did not get hurt in the Final Four game against Michigan State and if Luke Walton did not have a broken thumb on his shooting hand the Wildcats would of beaten Duke in the 2001 championship game. How come you don't bring that up?

As for Miles Simon, he sat out the first half of the 1996-97 season due to academics and got the grades to get eligible for the second half. You can say all you want about Miles but he passed the classes he needed and to discredit him is foolish. He passed a 400 level class during the winter session and it does not matter what class it was, it was a legitimate class.

If we were able to get the class schedules for all ASU/UofA athletes, none of us would be shocked at some of the easy courses they took to stay eligible. All of us who went to college would admit we took some easy classes, knowing we would get an A.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
All of us who went to college would admit we took some easy classes, knowing we would get an A.

C'mon, man.

That class I took on Pop Rock/Jazz was very difficult. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
And that highly offensive (to some) piece of crap article is a literary masterpiece?

I said that censorship was the same way of thinking that got literary works banned because a few people were offended.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I said that censorship was the same way of thinking that got literary works banned because a few people were offended.

This isn't "censorship". This is the editor (who has control) removing a tasteless quip from an internet log.

IMO, a poor analogy.

Not exactly book burnings or state/local censorship.