Assuming no Harbaugh/Payton, who do you want?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If only there was another coach we could steal from USC that’s had success with Kyler and is probably the only guy that’s held him accountable…
Not for nothing, but hey stole Kliff from USC, too...lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton seems like a no brainer, but I would imagine every team firing their coaches is calling for him.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Bieniemy has to have been passed over multiple hiring cycles for a reason. I think something isn't quite right with him.

The problem with any of us putting out names is that we don't know any of these people personally.
I think it's something with his personality/demeanor during an interview or possibly something from his long ago past that hasn't surfaced publicly.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bieniemy has to have been passed over multiple hiring cycles for a reason. I think something isn't quite right with him.

The problem with any of us putting out names is that we don't know any of these people personally.
I think most teams think the success of those offenses are the result of Reid/Mahomes. Hard to hire an OC as the head coach, when he isn't the primary play caller.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Demarco Ryans is no better than Vance Jospeh. He didn't build the 49er defense he inherited it from Robert Saleh. It is also stacked with terrific players like Nick Bosa.
So maybe with Ryans, they will focus on building the defensive line with the first 2 or 3 picks in the draft and watch us get better in 2-4 more years like SF.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting choice. I don't think he jumps right in and becomes a HC again. I think he has been blacklisted for now. I think he will have to become a DC at best and work his way back up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think most teams think the success of those offenses are the result of Reid/Mahomes. Hard to hire an OC as the head coach, when he isn't the primary play caller.
Right...which begs the question, why hire Bienemy if what is going on is the result of Reid/Mahomes?

I'm way more impressed with what's going on with Detroit. Putting up big numbers with only ok skill position talent.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right...which begs the question, why hire Bienemy if what is going on is the result of Reid/Mahomes?

I'm way more impressed with what's going on with Detroit. Putting up big numbers with only ok skill position talent.
This is why I think teams are passing on him. I would not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Vance and no college coaches please.

Urban Meyer 2-11
Matt Rhule 11-27
Kliff Kingsbury 28-37-1
Bill O'Brien 52-48
Chip Kelly 26-21
Doug Marrone 15-17
Greg Schiano 11-21
Jim Harbaugh 44-19-1
Bobby Petrino 3-10
Nick Saban 15-17
Steve Spurrier 12-20
Butch Davis 24-35

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of success...which he isn't directly creating...

Reminds me of that scene from Office Space. What exactly do you do around here?
If you don't think Bieniemy is a part of the Chief's success, I don't know what to tell you.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
No Vance and no college coaches please.

Urban Meyer 2-11
Matt Rhule 11-27
Kliff Kingsbury 28-37-1
Bill O'Brien 52-48
Not advocating for him, but he was on Belichicks staff before being a college coach. He had NFL experience. He proabably never leaves Penn State, if not for the Paterno scandal.
Chip Kelly 26-21
Doug Marrone 15-17
Greg Schiano 11-21
Jim Harbaugh 44-19-1
You wouldn't want him? Really? He went from being a successful college coach to a successful NFL coach and back to being successful at college. Shows me he can get things done, no matter the situation. (He's not my favorite choice, though.)
Bobby Petrino 3-10
Nick Saban 15-17
Steve Spurrier 12-20
Butch Davis 24-35
You also left off the King of the PNW, who failed at the NFL (twice) and then found success at USC, to then come back and be successful in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you don't think Bieniemy is a part of the Chief's success, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm not saying that, but he obviously isn't a key cog in their success. He's not calling the plays, which is a big part of success on offense. I really haven't seen any mention of how Bienemy is so good, and obviously, NFL teams likely feel the same way since he has been a HC candidate in perpetuity and hasn't gotten close to getting a job.

Is he a master gameplanner? We don't know.
A master motivator? We don't know.

What we do know is that Andy Reid is a helluva coach and that Mahomes is already an all time great.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not advocating for him, but he was on Belichicks staff before being a college coach. He had NFL experience. He proabably never leaves Penn State, if not for the Paterno scandal.

You wouldn't want him? Really? He went from being a successful college coach to a successful NFL coach and back to being successful at college. Shows me he can get things done, no matter the situation. (He's not my favorite choice, though.)

You also left off the King of the PNW, who failed at the NFL (twice) and then found success at USC, to then come back and be successful in the NFL.
No no no not saying that. I listed the past several years of college football transitions. I was in no way saying I don't want Harbaugh. It wouldn't have been fair to just point out the failures which is why he is on there too. The point being is that overall? It doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose