OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NHL commissioner Bettman confident season will resume
Los Angeles (AFP) - NHL commissioner Gary Bettman doesn't know how, and he doesn't know when, but he remains confident the season halted by the COVID-19 pandemic will resume.

"I believe that if the right time comes, and the right circumstances, based on all of the options that we're considering and our ability to execute them, we'll get this season done," the San Jose Mercury News reported Bettman as saying at a virtual town hall hosted by the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday.

"I don't want to sound Pollyanna, but canceling is too easy a solution," he said. "That means you stop working hard to do all of the things that we're doing, and I ultimately believe that there will be an opportunity."

Bettman said the possibility of not awarding the Stanley Cup trophy is "not something I'm even contemplating."
https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-commissioner-bettman-confident-season-resume-180159933--nhl.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun

·
31m

Sources indicate the Return To Play Committee has talked throughout the weekend, NHL-NHLPA making progress on a 24-team format. Sources also stressing there's still work to be done, but clearly the weekend has produced some traction. More talks expected over next day or two.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger

·
21s

NHL Board conference call today. The NHLPA was also busy this weekend working on return to play scenarios. Two Hub Cities with 12 teams in each has been discussed and remains one of the possibilities. TBD.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ted Leonsis believes NHL will try to finish regular season, but what will that look like?
With speculation swirling that the NHL is finalizing a format for the resumption of the 2019-20 season, Monumental Sports and Entertainment owner Ted Leonsis added his voice to the growing sense of optimism around the league. Leonsis appeared on CNN's "The Situations Room" on Sunday to discuss the potential return of all three of Monumental Sports' professional teams -- the Capitals, Wizards and Mystics -- and was confident that we will see all three play at some point again in 2020.

"I believe all three teams will play," Leonsis said. "We will let the NBA and NHL try to finish some or all of the regular season then go in the playoffs, we just won't be doing it with fans."
https://sports.yahoo.com/ted-leonsis-believes-nhl-try-024732890.html