Arlo Security Cameras

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it has worked great so far. If I were to do it over, I would have waited for the Arlo Pro version because they have internal chargeable batteries and I believe you can use them as speakers to talk to whatever you are seeing on your screen. I had to replace the original set of batteries a couple weeks ago, so not too bad on the battery life.

Im reading about the ARLO pro and it takes rechargeable batteries, you still have to swap them out. Wouldn't both units take rechargeable batteries in that scenario? I have never stumbled across something that takes AA batteries but not rechargeable AA batteries for example.

I dont really need a siren so the benefit is just the rechargeable batteries which I am not sure provides me anything and then the audio which is cool but my cameras are likely far from the vehicles and whatnot so I dont know how much sound they would actually pick up. I would have them outside but under my roof overhang to provide some weather protection and make sure they are not reachable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beaver

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Oh, I thought they had an internal battery and you just plugged it in to charge. I read up on getting rechargeable Cr123 batteries but decided to wait to see how long the originals lasted. I also read that they changed the battery compartment at some point to make it so rechargeables don't fit correctly. I just keep an eye out for good amazon deals for the Energizer Cr123 on Amazon subscribe and save to stock up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I thought they had an internal battery and you just plugged it in to charge. I read up on getting rechargeable Cr123 batteries but decided to wait to see how long the originals lasted. I also read that they changed the battery compartment at some point to make it so rechargeables don't fit correctly. I just keep an eye out for good amazon deals for the Energizer Cr123 on Amazon subscribe and save to stock up.
yeah if they last nearly a year, its not a large expense. seems fine to me.

The pro is $565 vs $400 for the non pro. It seems the only benefits of the pro are rechargable batteries and the audio set up. The pro does have the ability to save recordings on a device instead of only using the cloud.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Beaver

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Now that summer is here, these cameras are kind of a pain in the butt. My hanging baskets on the porch set them off, so I moved the camera around but the around 4:00 every day it goes bezerk because of the sun/shadow.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've yet to make the purchase but get more tempted all the time, especially now that my daughter is almost 16.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just finally pulled the trigger on buying them. Should get them Sunday. Could use them today but thats what I get for waiting.

OP
OP
Beaver

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I will say I am liking having them on now that we are selling our house. I can tell how long people have been at our house and when we can come home.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say I am liking having them on now that we are selling our house. I can tell how long people have been at our house and when we can come home.

Im loving it already, catching my daughter doing secret handshakes out front when friends leave is worth the price already. Kids are home alone today so I can see every bit of traffic coming in and out, good peace of mind. NEed to move some of them slightly to get better angles but this is awesome.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
just finally pulled the trigger on buying them. Should get them Sunday. Could use them today but thats what I get for waiting.

How many did you buy and did you get the Arlo Pros?

OP
OP
Beaver

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We are in the early process of having a house built, so I plan on having hardwired cameras integrated into the house.

I will probably ask for suggestions in another thread in a couple months what I should do for customizing electrical/smart house type stuff

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever have all the recordings disappear? last 7 days all blank suddenly even though had alerts last night:

You must be registered for see images attach