Arizona's greatest sport- Cactus Hopping!

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Anybody into this? When I was a kid and living in the AZ I had inspirations of becoming a pro cactus hopper. Unfortunately we moved away to Oregon before I even came close to hitting puberty and my dream quickly faded away.

Well as luck would have it, I caught a half hour of the APCHL (Arizona Pro Cactus Hopping League) on the Ocho (ESPN 8 for those not "in the know") and the fire has been reignited once again! Can anyone who's had experience with this great Arizona sport give me some beginner's tips? You know, stuff like how to train properly and the species of cactus that is best to start with? Thanks.

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should start off with one of these before moving on to the saguaros, they look less dangerous.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Can anyone who's had experience with this great Arizona sport give me some beginner's tips? You know, stuff like how to train properly and the species of cactus that is best to start with? Thanks.

Well, I've never tried it but I have seen it attempted by drunks. I suggest you wear a cup. I would think cholla cactus would make you jump the highest.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering when are they showing this years Dodgeball championships on the Ocho?

I don't want to miss it!

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering when are they showing this years Dodgeball championships on the Ocho?

I don't want to miss it!

April, I believe. I hear Goodman's worked himself back into shape and is ready to make another run at the title.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard