Arizona Trade Rumors

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we unloaded those two and received only young, unproven talent. I can't imagine Kubel and Kennedy will net much, if anything at all in the way of proven major league talent...

An ESPN writer says they want to unload their salaries so they can take on Peavy.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a bit of buzz on Twitter regarding the cubs or white sox dealing with the Dbacks.

One beat writer was trying to play up Kubel. One fan guy blogger was trying to say how great dealing with Arizona would be because of the talent in AZ system.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Owings and/or Davidson may be targeted by the White Sox in a potential Peavy deal.

David Holmberg could be in the deal as well. Plus, my guess is the White Sox would be putting in quite a bit of money to compensate for his 14 plus million dollar salary in 2014.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damnit... I'd be okay moving some of our prospects for a big time difference maker, but not another banged up starter with an ERA in the 4s.. and a fat contract.

Towers freaking blows.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trahan is never going to replace Montero at catcher. I'm pretty sure if it. But he will probably bring his mighty bat to some corner position in the not-so-distant future. You can't trade him now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angels, Padres Eyeing Ian Kennedy

Earlier today, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports wrote that the Angels could be interested in landing D'Backs right-hander Ian Kennedy, as Halos GM Jerry Dipoto is a former Diamondbacks executive who is very familiar with Kennedy. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports now tweets that the Angels are "hopeful" of landing Kennedy, whom the D'Backs have been shopping recently. Steve Gilbert of MLB.com adds that the Padres are also interested in Kennedy (Twitter link), and Buster Olney of ESPN lists the Cubs as a potential landing place as well (on Twitter

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Reaction score
Anybody interested in Kennedy must be having a seizure, or at least a brain fa?t. They will soon come to their senses.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they can have his garbage arm and garbage brain. ill take this deal, so long as we dont sell the house to get it done

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Would have no problem packaging Davidson with Kubel and Kennedy for Peavy... However, nothing and nobody else!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White Sox, D'Backs, Angels Discussing Three-Team Trade

The White Sox, Angels and Diamondbacks are discussing a three-team trade that would send Jake Peavy to Arizona and Ian Kennedy to Anaheim, according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick (on Twitter). The Diamondbacks reportedly emerged as the front-runners for Peavy earlier today, and the Angels have been connected to Kennedy as well. Crasnick notes that it's not clear what Chicago would receive in the trade at this time.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
Kennedy pitched very well today. I would love to get Peavy but would be kinda sad to see Kennedy go.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Kennedy pitched very well today. I would love to get Peavy but would be kinda sad to see Kennedy go.
Ian Kennedy gave up 3 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings today. That's the rate of a 5.40 ERA for the game, which is consistent with his ERA of 5.22 for the season.

That could not be called "pitched very well" by any stretch of the imagination. Not for the game. Not for the season.

A change in scenery would be good for the D'backs and good for Kennedy. And we desperately need a veteran for the #1 spot in the rotation.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Per Buster Olney:

Iglesias to Tigers, 2 or 3 lesser prospects to White Sox, Detroit OF Avisal Garcia to White Sox, pitcher from Detroit also coming to Boston with Peavy.

For that price, Boston can have him.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
5 runs in three innings isn't that bad. Not his fault we had no offense. He Also had 7 Ks and i think Gibson took him out a bit early.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kennedy is a wreck, he stunk today, was damn lucky to only give up 3 runs. His hallmark pitch right now is a "rising" changeup, either that or his bat-ball, he where he throws it directly at the sweet spot.

I am shocked that anyone would actually pursue him.