Arizona Hoops 2023-2024 - Getting Up from the Mat After Princeton

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They had a pretty good practice last night.
They are better than last year's team. It is so nice to see guards penetrate the lane and take it to the basket. This e team is tougher under the basket too. With all the ranked non-conference games they have, they will not be soft like they were last year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice W to start the season!

It’s still weird not seeing Coach K on that sideline.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the 2nd half but I was impressed with the big freshman kid Krivas in the first half I wasn't expecting him to look that good based on what I'd read.

UA is clearly the best team in the Pac right now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't see the 2nd half but I was impressed with the big freshman kid Krivas in the first half I wasn't expecting him to look that good based on what I'd read.

UA is clearly the best team in the Pac right now.
Based on yesterday they are pretty close to being the best team in the COUNTRY right now. We’ll have to see if they can sustain it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on yesterday they are pretty close to being the best team in the COUNTRY right now. We’ll have to see if they can sustain it.

The part I saw there were quite a few "homer" calls for Duke that seemed to keep them in the game. Filipowski committed his 3rd foul in the first half at least twice and didn't get called, even Bilas mentioned that.

Looks like UA will be a better defensive team this year and the offense still looks impressive.

So early I haven't seen many games so hard for me to say who's the best but if Duke was really the 2nd best team in the country then yeah you can argue UA should be #1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There’s no doubt tommy is absolutely one of the very best regular season coaches in the country. 62 wins in his first two seasons is a record and in his third he comes out and punches #2 Duke in the mouth on their homecourt and the game never seemed fluky or out of Arizona’s control. Now he has to prove it in the tourney.

That said, looks like he took my advice and got some tougher, more athletic kids again. The PF from SDSU is a REALLY good addition.

And Boswell is a stud.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think there’s a good chance that this game against Southern tonight is gonna be closer than the -30 point spread. To play a few days after an emotionally taxing win against any team is difficult.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that there’s athletes back on this squad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Today was a gritty win. When they went down late I wasn’t sure they had the fortitude to come back. I was thoroughly impressed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW a guy on BRO gave Casey Jacobsen an uber ride and they talked hoops during the trip. Casey says Arizona is "in another league" from the rest of the Pac 12 this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard