xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Who’s he talking about, @Russ Smith ?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who’s he talking about, @Russ Smith ?

Honestly don't know unless he's talking about Peyton Watson's "circle" that spent the whole offseason complaining he didn't play enough last year.

Bailey is starting, and struggling so wouldn't make sense for his people to be complaining since he's playing, just not well.

I seriously doubt he's talking about any of Jaquez, Campbell or Clark they've all clearly bought in. Tough weekend but lost 2 competitive games to 2 really good teams while basically having only 4 guys who were willing to shoot, 3 in the Illinois game.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know its a bummer UA has missed out on some 5 star kids the last couple of months and the last 2 years actually but I like what Tommy Lloyd has done. He is bringing in guys who will buy into his system with transfers and imports with a high school kid here and there. Miller's undoing along with scandal was he brought in one and done 5 star kids who were auditioning for NBA rather than playing within his system and thus you saw him blowing his top regularly during games. Would it have been nice to land Kwame Evans, Mookie Cook and Cody Williams, hell yeah but this team looks like it will have a very good year barring injuries.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Said it about this time last year too you guys are clearly the best team in the conference right now. Very impressed with the coaching, the improvement from Ballo is amazing, just like Koloko last year. ANd the improvement from, and it hurts me to say this, Kerr Kriisa, he's dramatically better this year, still hate him but he's much improved.

UCLA is relying so much on freshman at multiple spots they're way behind where UA is now. If Bona and Bailey improve we have a chance to be really good but UA right now clearly the best team in the conference

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
All the people who’ve needed to step up in the absence of Mathurin, Terry and Kololo have so far stepped up. Tubelis is playing like a AA, Ballo is a beast and Kerr is shooting lights out. Our bench sucks tho

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way Ballo played last year I thought he was coming back from a knee injury but I could not find one. Way better player this year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
All the people who’ve needed to step up in the absence of Mathurin, Terry and Kololo have so far stepped up. Tubelis is playing like a AA, Ballo is a beast and Kerr is shooting lights out. Our bench sucks tho
Every time I see or hear Dalen Terry’s name I can’t help but think “what if”. Of course he was a FRP so it was the right move.

If you told me Pelle would’ve averaged under 7ppg in Maui there’s no way we would’ve won the tourney. The frontcourt is so good offensively that it didn’t matter.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the age of transfers, that’s going to be a common theme for most teams - little depth.

We are already seen that in college football

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ballo has developed into so much better a player than I thought possible. His patience and footwork in the post is night and day better than last year. The transfer from Texas looks like a perfect fit. Kriisa is playing much more under control. Surprised at Pelle’s play. I thought he’d be the one that had to take a giant step forward and so far it hasn’t mattered.

The Lloyd hire has looked absolutely inspired. In so many aspects of the program he’s a huge step up from Miller.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't stand the announcer but he was right, what's so good about Ballo is his patience now. He's bigger and stronger than just about anybody in college so he gets position, gets the ball and then he just waits for the defender to commit and then up he goes. He doesn't bring the ball down to expose it. He doesn't rush the shot up(like he did last year) he makes the defender show what he's going to do and then just goes right up over the guy and scores.

At least a half dozen times in that tournament watching live I said walk, and then on replay you could see he did NOT walk, it's just your so used to bigs walking while they wait like that.

It's like he spent the summer at the Pete Newell bigman camp, except it doesn't exist anymore

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose