Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The series streak gets a lot more difficult for the next four series. Not just because of who we play but how many games each series is. 3 of the next 4 have an even number of games.

4 against the Dodgers, 3 against the Astros, 2 against the Dodgers then 4 against the Nationals. In the 4 game series they have to win 3 out of 4 to win the series and they have to sweep both games in a 2 game series. I honestly just hope they come out of that stretch with a winning record but I'm not going to complain if they keep the streak going.

BTW it was definitely the Mariners not the Marlins. That was the team that ended up winning 116 games or so and IIRC got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
Hasn't been done in the NL since the 1907 Cubs who won their first 11 series.

Very good post. As far as the 4,3,2,4 series, I too would taking a winning record during that time. 6 against the NL champs, 3 against the WS champs and 4 against the Nationals. I'll take 7-6 during that stretch. 9-5 would be equivalent to winning all the series although it would not be in the record books. At this point who cares about series wins now. We have a much bigger agenda in front of us.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Very good post. As far as the 4,3,2,4 series, I too would taking a winning record during that time. 6 against the NL champs, 3 against the WS champs and 4 against the Nationals. I'll take 7-6 during that stretch. 9-5 would be equivalent to winning all the series although it would not be in the record books. At this point who cares about series wins now. We have a much bigger agenda in front of us.
I agree. It is up to management to plan ahead. But the players should have one goal -- to win our next game.

And the goal 24 hours later? To win our next game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard