Arizona Diamondbacks @ Minnesota Twins series thread. 08/04/23-08/06/23

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And to think I actually considered buying the MLB package so that I could watch all the games.

Thank god I dodged that bullet......
Yea i dred every gm now you know its gonna be miserable

Just sooooo sad awful go from 20 gms above .500 to 2 above

Poffs odds slipping fast lol

Fate of az sports :(

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
They seem to be gripping the bats too tight. Torrey needs to do something to ease the tension in that locker room.
Yes...like resign. Once he said "I don't know what else to do" and separated Gallen and Kelly in the rotation (why not keep your #1 and #2 together?) - then it was game over.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp down 2 to 1 not lookin good

Jeezzzz this slump ever gonna end :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IM sick man dbacks cant w no matter what thev do srason is toast gutless effort gutless!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our relievers have let us down but we simply do not have the pitching to survive our pitiful offense the past 6 weeks.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Sewald threw two meatballs that were crushed - he didn't even turn around to see if either one was going out.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
OK, let's call it. 2023 Arizona Diamondbacks time of death - approximately 4pm Arizona Time on Sunday, August 6th, 2023. Cause of death - non-existent offense plus "gas can brigade" bullpen. Torey may try to administer CPR through resignation - but that won't work either. DBacks are DDone.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We're gonna look back and understand that it was a 10 day window, basically, that was the undoing of this team. The last couple of games before the ASG and the 2 series coming out of the break, just destroyed any and all hope. Hazen waited way too long to get help. I understand not wanting to sacrifice the future, but what does it tell the locker-room, when you just let them all down like that?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We're gonna look back and understand that it was a 10 day window, basically, that was the undoing of this team. The last couple of games before the ASG and the 2 series coming out of the break, just destroyed any and all hope. Hazen waited way too long to get help. I understand not wanting to sacrifice the future, but what does it tell the locker-room, when you just let them all down like that?
That the owner is cheap?

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
If Kendrick wasn't so cheap they may have been willing to pick up some salary and a starter like Scherzer or Verlander or at least a middle of the rotation starter.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just watching when deals started to go down overall around the league, and that didn't really start until after the All Star Game. It still took long after the trades started moving, but part of it was our team hitting the wall before the trades could get going.

The Twins completed the three-game sweep on a Matt Wallner walk-off home run off closer Paul Sewald, who picked up his first blown save with the team after joining the D-backs at the trade deadline.

Of course Sewald's first blown save. On a day when our starter throws a gem, and we set a franchise record of 8 steals in a game......