Arizona Diamondbacks @ Atlanta Braves series thread. 07/18/23-7/20/23

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the love of god, when will our pitchers learn to miss in better spots. A walk isn’t the end of the world in that situation to a guy who’s hit 800 homers so far this series

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news is they are going to really try to be aggressive at some point to improve the roster but not too aggressive.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
What a meatball by Castro. Torey should have pulled him before that 3-run jack. As Meat Loaf said, two out of three ain't bad, but the bullpen likely snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Wonder if the DBacks can compete with the Braves for bullpen talent at the trade deadline. Both teams need upgrades.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I forgot this was on so damn early. Yeah @RON_IN_OC I think a closer might be more important than a third starter at this point.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was reading an article a month or two back saying they didn't think there would be good closers available. We may be stuck in this mode for a bit.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Least got 2 of 3 vs braves hard team to sweep

Hope dbacks get healthy and make poffs .... fingers crossed

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is there a young fireballer down on the farm, who has the ability to get 3 outs?
I would prefer that. IDK, we had a guy up earlier I thought looked good, but they sent him down fairly fast. Kid was throwing over 100 MPH. I know that's not all there is to it, but he could throw it by guys. I haven't watched the farm clubs that much.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
So many times, Torey is a day late and a dollar short in bullpen management. Castro should not have been pitching to Riley. I think that Torey in AZ and Oli Marmol in STL were separated at birth.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ted Williams used to say, the inside pitches are the best ones! There's more to what he said, like inside pitches change history. I know Tony Gwynn said he used to listen to Williams, and late in his career figured out how to hit those inside balls for power. Basically acknowledging Williams was right.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So many times, Torey is a day late and a dollar short in bullpen management. Castro should not have been pitching to Riley. I think that Torey in AZ and Oli Marmol in STL were separated at birth.
Didn't Buck Showalter famously walk in a run, so they could get the next batter out to end a game, rather than give up a grand slam?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Louveloo said we threw four consecutive pitches same speed and shape to guy who hit 3 run homer off castro. Question- who is calling the pitches and if I’m the pitcher I don’t throw a pitch I’m not convinced about especially in that situation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard