Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Boykin plays on one of the weakest passing offenses in the league. Lamar Jackson has a career average of 171 passing yards per game. Kyler has 250.
Fake news. Baltimore was 13th in passing offense last year. The two years' prior they were bad, but it's probably not a coincidence that when Boykin goes on IR the passing offense kicks into another gear.

Boykin couldn't take reps from Willie Snead, bro.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I mean, counting stats don't say everything, and I'm fine with having another body to compete with Wesley and A.J. Green for the outside WR job, but...
We can adjust to more physically talented...I agree, he has not produced in the league.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's less an indictment that he isn't there and more an indictment on his leadership capabilities, or lack thereof. Watching JJ and KM on the same team just hits home how bad KM is as the face of this franchise. Or, who SHOULD be the face of this franchise.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's less an indictment that he isn't there and more an indictment on his leadership capabilities, or lack thereof. Watching JJ and KM on the same team just hits home how bad KM is as the face of this franchise. Or, who SHOULD be the face of this franchise.
Except that he isn't. Allen/Mahomie won't be there either. I guess they aren't leaders either.

You can't have it both ways.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Except that he isn't. Allen/Mahomie won't be there either. I guess they aren't leaders either.

You can't have it both ways.
Allen/Mahomie don't have any leadership questions surrounding them. Like, at all. That's seemingly all that surrounds KM these days. Also, like I said, I'm also commenting on how good of a verbal/public leader JJ is and how we just don't have that from KM, which drives me up a wall.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allen/Mahomie don't have any leadership questions surrounding them. Like, at all. That's seemingly all that surrounds KM these days. Also, like I said, I'm also commenting on how good of a verbal/public leader JJ is and how we just don't have that from KM, which drives me up a wall.
Problem with this logic? You wouldn't consider him anymore a leader if he did attend these workouts...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Problem with this logic? You wouldn't consider him anymore a leader if he did attend these workouts...
This is disingenuous. Him making the decision to be around his teammates while in a contract dispute would be a differing action from what he has shown. By staying away, it supports what I feel we have seen. He is not an engaging person. He is comfortable being by himself. When things are optional or under duress, he does what he wants regardless.

Kyler is telling people who he is with the decision he makes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If everyone is healthy, I still expect the offense to be pretty good. Add a speed receiver to threaten the defense and the Cardinals will be lethal.

I'd have kicked the tires on Brandon Cooks...
There are a lot of if’s (can Moore take next step, can someone else fill Edmonds role, who takes moore’s old production?), but if they’re answered in the affirmative I agree. Still lots of if’s.

And I definitely would’ve inquired about cooks.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is disingenuous. Him making the decision to be around his teammates while in a contract dispute would be a differing action from what he has shown. By staying away, it supports what I feel we have seen. He is not an engaging person. He is comfortable being by himself. When things are optional or under duress, he does what he wants regardless.

Kyler is telling people who he is with the decision he makes.
JJ posted a video of himself and Kyler working out together at the facility a couple weeks ago. He just isn't at these workouts, like a lot of other players.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Kyler's absence doesn't matter YET. If he stays away when onfield activities begin, it will matter. He needs to develop leadership skills. You don't do that playing video games.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boykin plays on one of the weakest passing offenses in the league. Lamar Jackson has a career average of 171 passing yards per game. Kyler has 250.
This… you could put Davante Adams on the Ravens and Lamar’s skill set wouldn’t be able to utilize Adams to his talent.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom…. Says it all
You think he is also talking about the front office and coaches? I sure as hell do. But again, we don't know exactly what it says...but we can all pretend that we do, right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ posted a video of himself and Kyler working out together at the facility a couple weeks ago. He just isn't at these workouts, like a lot of other players.

Even worse.

"I'm going to work out here when there are just a few of us but I'm gone when everyone turns up"