Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So, our offense is pretty much "running it back" with Rondale Moore in the role of Christian Kirk and Unknown in the role of Chase Edmonds, and drafted player or Dortch as 2021 Rondale Moore.

I don't get it, but I guess.

It will be a weird dynamic if the draft a WR in round 1 with AJ Green signed as the #2 WR and Moore as the slot. Of course it would totally be a Cardinal thing to do to draft a replacement for Christian Kirk and keep Moore in his role as #4 WR.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
So, our offense is pretty much "running it back" with Rondale Moore in the role of Christian Kirk and Unknown in the role of Chase Edmonds, and drafted player or Dortch as 2021 Rondale Moore.

I don't get it, but I guess.

It will be a weird dynamic if the draft a WR in round 1 with AJ Green signed as the #2 WR and Moore as the slot. Of course it would totally be a Cardinal thing to do to draft a replacement for Christian Kirk and keep Moore in his role as #4 WR.
kinda points to:

draft the best EDGE avail at #23

then fill in with OL and WR at #55 and #87

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can at least appreciate the self-awareness shown here. Hopefully the effort on the field will show that being taken into consideration next season.

Honestly, if he does what he did last year and Hop/Ertz are healthy all year, that’s at least 3 legit options in the receiving corps so the offense should be pretty good again unless Kyler gets dinged up.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can at least appreciate the self-awareness shown here. Hopefully the effort on the field show that being taken into consideration next season.

Honestly, if he does what he did last year and Hop/Ertz are healthy all year, that’s at least 3 legit options in the receiving corps so the offense should be pretty good again unless Kyler gets dinged up.
Agreed. And slow. The offense will be slow. You’ve got Rondale and then nuk, green, ertz, and Conner. I think my high school big man relay team (shotputters and discus guys running 4x100 relay with a shotput as a baton) could’ve challenged that foursome.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. And slow. The offense will be slow. You’ve got Rondale and then nuk, green, ertz, and Conner. I think my high school big man relay team (shotputters and discus guys running 4x100 relay with a shotput as a baton) could’ve challenged that foursome.
Kyler does add some speed, but overall the current skill positions are lacking.

I still want an outside receiver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler does add some speed, but overall the current skill positions are lacking.

I still want an outside receiver.
Yes, I thought about kyler. But the lack of speed elsewhere means they can creep DBs up to better contain kyler. Need deeper threats to cause them to play back thereby creating space where kyler excels.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, I thought about kyler. But the lack of speed elsewhere means they can creep DBs up to better contain kyler. Need deeper threats to cause them to play back thereby creating space where kyler excels.
If everyone is healthy, I still expect the offense to be pretty good. Add a speed receiver to threaten the defense and the Cardinals will be lethal.

I'd have kicked the tires on Brandon Cooks...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I mean, counting stats don't say everything, and I'm fine with having another body to compete with Wesley and A.J. Green for the outside WR job, but...

Boykin plays on one of the weakest passing offenses in the league. Lamar Jackson has a career average of 171 passing yards per game. Kyler has 250.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler did not report. An NFLN on-air guy opined that -at a time when a stated priority was to “get KM and Green on the same page“ - the benefits of using the workouts to address that priority are being wasted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort