Arizona Cardinals off-season. 1/8/23-1/15/23

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Carolina? We have more draft capital and better QB.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For anyone who questions why Payton would come to AZ and also saw the smirky grin from Mike when Payton was mentioned. Revisit this interview with Colin Cowherd in November. Payton was a ball boy for the Cards in the 80's during their training camps...mentions finally getting to hand out rosters and eat with the team. He also says, with a grin, he knows the family pretty well. Take that for what it's worth...could be good or bad, but I'd like to think it's good, since he didn't follow up with anything negative.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyle knows lots of people in that building

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I get why you would do it but I feel like doing it is part of the problem.

Honestly, if Bidwill cares more about how Kyler feels about the new HC vs how the new HC cares about Kyler, we aren't getting a top HC.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ya know there is a big difference between receiving input from player(s) and letting them dictate a decision right?

Kyler should have input while obviously not being the ultimate decision-maker either. I’m sure Budda and some of the other guys in the locker room will have “input” as well. Players around the league talk and you can be certain that MB would get some insight into a coaching candidate from guys in his locker room that he wouldn’t get from agents, an interview, or from his coaching peers.
I don't believe Kyler is self aware enough to understand the distinction. I personally believe Bidwill handed out those extensions to put everyone on the same commitment level with Kyler.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the minute the K2 boys got an extension Kyler wanted his dues. Had Bidwill not signed the K Boys, a new contract for Kyler became an issue.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I get why you would do it but I feel like doing it is part of the problem.

Honestly, if Bidwill cares more about how Kyler feels about the new HC vs how the new HC cares about Kyler, we aren't getting a top HC.
its a fine line

you HAVE to talk to your QB and "get his input" -- whatever that means

but clearly, you don't ask for his preference

you get his input (today) -- but then you do your process and hire who you think is best -- and then Kyler finds out

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Oh dear God, no. A thousand times no! Kyler has been entitled enough in this organization, thanks much.

Hmmm... so are you saying you think we should make Kyler both the Head Coach and starting QB?

ooo.. I've got a great idea @Stout. Let's make Murray both the New HC and new GM. We could also make him his own QB coach! lol... what an awesome plan!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I should clarify, I think a young QB should have input in the process however I think Kyler being Kyler makes this a bit trickier because you don't want him to be out on a guy because he wasn't Kyler's choice nor do you want Kyler to feel like he has power over the next HC because Kyler approved him.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should clarify, I think a young QB should have input in the process however I think Kyler being Kyler makes this a bit trickier because you don't want him to be out on a guy because he wasn't Kyler's choice nor do you want Kyler to feel like he has power over the next HC because Kyler approved him.
IMO zero, none

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
For anyone who questions why Payton would come to AZ and also saw the smirky grin from Mike when Payton was mentioned. Revisit this interview with Colin Cowherd in November. Payton was a ball boy for the Cards in the 80's during their training camps...mentions finally getting to hand out rosters and eat with the team. He also says, with a grin, he knows the family pretty well. Take that for what it's worth...could be good or bad, but I'd like to think it's good, since he didn't follow up with anything negative.

If Payton were offered the job I think it would mean a lot to him to go full circle starting out as a Cards ballboy and then finishing his NFL career as head coach for the Cardinals. It would make for a great story regardless.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In his news conference, Bidwill was generally speaking of having a wide net of inputs in the decisions HE would make regarding the GM and H-C. Speaking to Kyler and other team leaders was part of this outreach. I wouldn't read too much into this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t care to get KMs opinion. Bring in a guy that will demand his respect and attention and will kick him in the ass when needed. We are all done with KK walking over and talking to him like he just struck out in little league before he starts to cry

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson