Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I think Keim has a drinking problem and hopefully he can get it fixed. I have a feeling that BA helped to fuel that problem as BA is a big drinker as well.

Honestly, I'm surprised that it didn't happen to BA first. At least he has his wife as a designated driver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's defending drunk driving? You seem to be defending criminal speeding though - a VERY bad look.

You are the one that claimed you could do 70 in a residential zone safely.

Anyone whatabouting speeding in the discussion is defending drunk driving by deflecting to another subject. And someone who decries the use of whataboutism in other discussion should be pretty aware of that tactic.

That said, if you're driving 70 in a residential neighborhood, you're a piece of a garbage as well. There's literally no reason anyone should be doing that there.

But as one of the "moral police" can I ask a question to the minimizers like @Cbus cardsfan here? When are we allowed to judge a man who's already got two DUIs, not to mention now multiple fans here who have commented on how much they've seen Keim drink around town and then hop in his car? How about if one of those times he actually killed someone?? Would we get to judge him then... or should we just purse our lips because he's gotten lucky thus far in hurting anyone else?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who's defending drunk driving? You seem to be defending criminal speeding though - a VERY bad look.

You are the one that claimed you could do 70 in a residential zone safely.

Cheese has answered your first question pretty handily. And you're distorting my words nearly to the point of lying. I am in no way sanctioning criminal speeding. Where the hell do you get that? I think drunk driving--especially HEAVY drunk driving--is worse That's all.

Sure, I COULD do that safely. In the middle of the night without anyone on the streets. I COULD, but I WOULDN'T. Don't distort my posts.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge mistake by Keim. Will have lasting damage to his reputation. Punishment by Bidwill and also police seems appropriate although debatable. Glad he wasn't fired, if it happens again he certainly will be.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone whatabouting speeding in the discussion is defending drunk driving by deflecting to another subject. And someone who decries the use of whataboutism in other discussion should be pretty aware of that tactic.

That said, if you're driving 70 in a residential neighborhood, you're a piece of a garbage as well. There's literally no reason anyone should be doing that there.

But as one of the "moral police" can I ask a question to the minimizers like @Cbus cardsfan here? When are we allowed to judge a man who's already got two DUIs, not to mention now multiple fans here who have commented on how much they've seen Keim drink around town and then hop in his car? How about if one of those times he actually killed someone?? Would we get to judge him then... or should we just purse our lips because he's gotten lucky thus far in hurting anyone else?

I'm not a minimizer, but you're free to judge whomever you want for anything you want. No one is restricting you from doing so. Personally, I don't see the value in judging him. I'm only an insignificant fan. I just hope Keim figures it out.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill dropped the hammer on Keim as he should have!!! A very stout punishment imo, especially given we’re a week away from TC. Well done, this sends a message.

I still like Keim & will continue to support him unless he has any other incident. Hopefully he & his family will get everything in order before returning to his vital role on Big Red. Good luck Steve!

To all the negative nellies on this subject, does anyone believe sorry ass Jerry Jones :devil: would’ve taken any action like this against anyone in his organization? Be thankful we have the Bidwill family running this franchise peeps!!!

Last edited:

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How much money do the Cardinals make off of alcohol sales in a year? Tens of millions?

Exactly. Big business. It ain't going away. Bad choice for Keim. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Hopefully he gets help. And hopefully (thankfully) a lot of people will use this as a reminder for themselves and friends before doing something stupid like this. It's simply too great of a risk to take. Life changer.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Please
Yes, I was a criminal justice major, and I realize this.

That's a thing, not things. And it's a willfully ignorant stance you're taking. Go on, defend drunk driving some more. It's really making you look bad. Why you have to immediately defend drunk driving/drunk drivers by pulling another crime into the conversation is disgusting. Yes, it's good to point out discrepancies in our justice system, but not when you minimize other reckless, harmful crimes in doing so.

Fully agree.
please point out once where I defended drunk driving.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only "evidence" are the facts... What did you blow, and/or what was your blood alcohol content. You can't be arrested for drinking a beer. You will be arrested if you BAC is over .08.
This is 100% incorrect. If you tell the officer that you had a light beer 4 hours ago at dinner and you blow 0.01%, you CAN be arrested if the officer says that I his opinion you were impaired.

...dbs

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Again, where did I minimize drunk driving? To me, people get on their high horse when it comes to things that are deemed more socially irresponsible than others.

All I’ve said is there wouldn’t be an outrage if Keim was cited for excess speed and that is statistically more dangerous.

To me, they are both serious traffic violations. That’s it.

I have a question. And I really have no idea. I’ve heard of drunk drivers being charged with vehicular homicide. Do they charge excess speeders with vehicular homicide in cases where a fatality was involved?

Not being a smart ass, just wondering because they’re both the same to me but the drunk driving makes headlines.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill dropped the hammer on Keim as he should have!!! A very stout punishment imo, especially given we’re a week away from TC. Well done, this sends a message.

I still like Keim & will continue to support him unless he has any other incident.

So, you need him to get a third DUI before you stop supporting him? Sends a great message to the rest of the team.

Hopefully he & his family will get everything in order before returning to his vital role on Big Red. Good luck Steve!

To all the negative nellies on this subject, does anyone believe sorry ass Jerry Jones :devil: would’ve taken any action like this against anyone in his organization? Be thankful we have the Bidwill family running this franchise peeps!!!

more whataboutism.

You can continue to support a 2 Time DUI offender, with his second offense being extreme, but to call those who don't "negative nellies" is laughable. Sorry for wanting to hold the figureheads of our franchise to a higher standard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only "evidence" are the facts... What did you blow, and/or what was your blood alcohol content. You can't be arrested for drinking a beer. You will be arrested if you BAC is over .08.

This is not correct 82. @daves answers the question quite nicely at the link below.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...for-dui-on-july-4.272983/page-44#post-3748195

You can be found guilty "even though the blood alcohol concentration was less than 0.08 percent."

You may be found guilty of driving while intoxicated or while under the influence of any drug or its metabolite even though the blood alcohol concentration was less than 0.08 percent. If you are under 21, your license may be suspended if there is any alcohol concentration.

https://www.azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/driver-services/driver-improvement/dui

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The question, “When did you stop beating your wife?" makes an contains a controversial assumption.

IMO, the same type question was used in the DUI case. As I recall the prosecuting attorney even used the answer as an admission of guilt.

There are such things as loaded questions. Maybe we are debating terminology.
But even that’s not a “trick” because if you never beat your wife your answer wouldn’t a time or date it would be “I’ve never beaten my wife.” Same with the drinking question. It’s not a trick. It’s a simple question. You have a right to not answer, lie or tell the truth. As in all things. But your refusal or a lie may be used against you. You choose yiur answer. But don’t call an ordinary question in the line of their duty “entrapment” or a “trick.” That’s just terrible.

“Have you had drinks tonight?” Or “how much did you have to drink tonight?” Aren’t loaded questions unless you e broken the law, in which case we should all be happy that the truth results in proper statutory punishment.

Am I really understanding your point is police shouldn’t be able to ask these questions when they have a suspicion of drunk driving??? What are they supposed to do in your ideal world?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again the use of the word "entrap" may be too strong but it is not off target

Here is one of the definitions.

"3. to lure into performing an act or making a statement that is compromising or illegal".

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/entrap?s=t
“Compromising or illegal” - they are not trying to get the driver to do anything illegal, if anything they are trying to determine if they e done anything illegal. And it doesn’t put the driver in a compromising position as it just puts them in a position to lie or tell the truth. It’s a simple question.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ahhh... but they do try and trick you into admitting guilt. a cop buddy of mine once told me,...a part of the reason for field sobriety checks..is to inform a driver what you want them to do, then listen for damning phrases like,..." Oh crap, I couldnt do that sober"

the best answer when a cop asks you what you had to drink is... not a god damned thing, argue nyquil later if you need to... but never ever ever tell the damned cops you ever did anything.
hell no, I didnt drink tonight, didnt drink last night,... I have never drank any alcohol since my fifteenth birthday...had a bad experience, stuff makes me sick, I dont drink

that would be like... Cop: Did you just rob that bank
dude:.. nah man, I only took fifty bucks for gas

unless you called them yourself, the cops aint your friends, their job is to find a reason to bust you. never tell them anything, deny everything, speak as little as possible, lie if you have to, and deny, deny, deny , deny.... because they will sure as **** lie to you in order to get you to confess to something
Your life must suck to view our sworn protectors like that. Or you’re a criminal. I don’t view their attempts to determine if you’ve committed a crime as being “against us.” And frankly I find your advice of how to escape Justice disgusting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huge mistake by Keim. Will have lasting damage to his reputation. Punishment by Bidwill and also police seems appropriate although debatable. Glad he wasn't fired, if it happens again he certainly will be.
Curious why a third time is worse than a second time?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is 100% incorrect. If you tell the officer that you had a light beer 4 hours ago at dinner and you blow 0.01%, you CAN be arrested if the officer says that I his opinion you were impaired.

...dbs

Oh Ok... But my point was actually more coming from my thought about whether you would be subjected to a test or blood-draw... In other words, if an officer believes you to be impaired, but you claimed you had not been drinking, would he simply let you go without administering some type of field test, and/or a blood draw?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok, a couple of things. An officer follows you and you weave so he stops you. He could be checking you for dui, or possibly you being tired and sleepy, or maybe texting on a cell phone, etc. So he stops you and smells liquor or similar on your breath. Tell me what he should ask you? Oh, I smell liquor on your breath, have you been texting?:rolleyes:.

The second thing, Oaken, i feel really sorry for you, if you really feel that way about the police.:(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Compromising or illegal” - they are not trying to get the driver to do anything illegal, if anything they are trying to determine if they e done anything illegal. And it doesn’t put the driver in a compromising position as it just puts them in a position to lie or tell the truth. It’s a simple question.

It's certainly compromising if you admit to an illegal act.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But even that’s not a “trick” because if you never beat your wife your answer wouldn’t a time or date it would be “I’ve never beaten my wife.” Same with the drinking question. It’s not a trick. It’s a simple question. You have a right to not answer, lie or tell the truth. As in all things. But your refusal or a lie may be used against you. You choose yiur answer. But don’t call an ordinary question in the line of their duty “entrapment” or a “trick.” That’s just terrible.

“Have you had drinks tonight?” Or “how much did you have to drink tonight?” Aren’t loaded questions unless you e broken the law, in which case we should all be happy that the truth results in proper statutory punishment.

Am I really understanding your point is police shouldn’t be able to ask these questions when they have a suspicion of drunk driving??? What are they supposed to do in your ideal world?

A person needs to be aware of their rights. The questions and methods used by police are used to elicit a response. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. When police are talking to you about a criminal act it's not small talk. Innocent people go to prison too.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Again, where did I minimize drunk driving? To me, people get on their high horse when it comes to things that are deemed more socially irresponsible than others.

All I’ve said is there wouldn’t be an outrage if Keim was cited for excess speed and that is statistically more dangerous.

To me, they are both serious traffic violations. That’s it.

I have a question. And I really have no idea. I’ve heard of drunk drivers being charged with vehicular homicide. Do they charge excess speeders with vehicular homicide in cases where a fatality was involved?

Not being a smart ass, just wondering because they’re both the same to me but the drunk driving makes headlines.

That's where we greatly disagree. Drunk driving is a traffic violation (swerving, speeding, reckless driving--something that gets you pulled over) WITH the individual highly intoxicated and impaired. Other traffic violations are JUST traffic violations, unless there's some other grossly mitigating factor like drugs/alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard