Arizona Cardinals, Calais Campbell Talking Contracts: A New Deal on the Horizon

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cheese you took the words right out of my mouth I'm always yelling "
down it" on the KO's because whenever he gets past the 20, it's a hold or block in the back.
If Ryan Williams is healthy I'm actually not all that worried about Hyphen I love the kid but I don't think he'd play much if RW is able to play. The new rule on the KO's has sort of reduced his value there. Nice out of the backfield but if Williams takes some of those chances away I'm not sure what we'll do with Hypen.

I'd try to keep him but if he wants too much you can't overspend to keep him.

Campbell is the key though if the franchise wants to show the fans they get it, they need to keep Calais.

What is wrong with our special teams lately? Other than the occasional planet person return by PP21 we've been struggling. Way too many big punt returns for our opponents and way too many first and 10 on our Ten after a kickoff into our endzone.

Most likely too much praise for the Cards special teams and Spencer on ASFN in my opinion.

:stick:

spanky1

Reaction score
We are completely and totally screwed at OT. There are absolutely no free agents worth the price, and the college crew is "suspect".

And when you consider that we are not going to be drafting until the middle of the 1st round, there are virtually no options for an OT in round 1.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
all I know is this, as it stands in this season (and kick off returning excluded) without the Hyphen this season would have had a period put right next to the end of the sentence saying our season is over...huge plays by the little guy at crunch time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cheese you took the words right out of my mouth I'm always yelling "down it" on the KO's because whenever he gets past the 20, it's a hold or block in the back.

If Ryan Williams is healthy I'm actually not all that worried about Hyphen I love the kid but I don't think he'd play much if RW is able to play. The new rule on the KO's has sort of reduced his value there. Nice out of the backfield but if Williams takes some of those chances away I'm not sure what we'll do with Hypen.

I'd try to keep him but if he wants too much you can't overspend to keep him.

Campbell is the key though if the franchise wants to show the fans they get it, they need to keep Calais.

Agreed. I'm not so certain that Beanie is the best RB on the roster. Ryan Williams is good enough for people to consider whether he would overtake Wells in the preseason.

LSH is a neat player, but he's not getting it done returning kicks this year and only offers offensive production in certain situations. IMO we should try to resign him, but we need to start looking for a KR replacement and a RB who can carry the load.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I think they should re-sign Hyphen. He won't be expensive and is a comfortable safety net in the event of an injury. Yes, Ryan Williams will be back, but we've been relegated to using Chester Taylor as our RB in some situations this year. Personally, I'd rather see LSH on the field than Taylor.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think they should re-sign Hyphen. He won't be expensive and is a comfortable safety net in the event of an injury. Yes, Ryan Williams will be back, but we've been relegated to using Chester Taylor as our RB in some situations this year. Personally, I'd rather see LSH on the field than Taylor.

LSH is a RFA.

All they have to do is sign him to a high tender and he will be back with the Cardinals next year. Nothing to worry about there.

Same thing with Greg Toler.

The hardest situation this offseason is taking care of Calais Campbell. The second hardest ? Well, that matters if Beanie Wells wants to talk contact with one year left on his deal.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
OT Mike Adams, a potential All-American who likely has a future in the NFL, is suspended for the first five games of 2011 for his role in selling OSU memorabilia for cash and discounts on tattoos.

Count the Cards out.
Plus he was suspended for 2 games his sophomore year for team violations (smoking pot). I don't know if I want the Cards to take him or not. He played very well this year and maybe he now "gets it".

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
LSH is a RFA.

All they have to do is sign him to a high tender and he will be back with the Cardinals next year. Nothing to worry about there.

Same thing with Greg Toler.

The hardest situation this offseason is taking care of Calais Campbell. The second hardest ? Well, that matters if Beanie Wells wants to talk contact with one year left on his deal.

Doucet will be interesting. If he gets #2 money somewhere, he will be gone. I doubt he signs here for #3 money and that what I think we will offer.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Keith, a 7th round pick, is awful. The Cards should be able to upgrade at RT in a later round. Any decent 4th-5th round Offensive Tackles?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith, a 7th round pick, is awful. The Cards should be able to upgrade at RT in a later round. Any decent 4th-5th round Offensive Tackles?

It takes a few years to develop a late round OT. Also the Cards don't currently have a young OT on the roster that they are developing. Not a good sign for instantly replacing our OTs next year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Matt Reynolds out of BYU has dropped after being considered at 1st or 2nd round pick. Hasn't been dominant and has played soft.

Nate Potter out of Boise St has dropped from a a first rounder to potentially a 4th or 5th rounder to mediocre play. Regardless he still is similar to Solder out of Colorado

Datko from Florida St has dropped to the 3rd or 4th rounds due to his injury, but was solid in college before that.

Those are the guys that I have seen look good, but also have their warts which will cause them to drop. Hard to find gem LT's in the 3rd, 4th or 5th rounds, but these guys do have potential and would get us younger at the position.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Small school prospect coming off of:
a third-degree tear in the right hamstring (most severe tear)
a torn piece of meniscus in his knee

IF he's able to regain his athletic ability to the previous level he still has a shot. He was very quick for a dude his size.

Probably came back to quickly and has had a rough year, already messing with his confidence.

Give him time on the bench, give him more shots back at guard if it helps.

I'm not ready to call him a bust yet.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
LSH needs to be re-signed for his ST's play alone. IMO, he is valuable enough as a gunner alone warrant a roster spot, and paid well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes a few years to develop a late round OT. Also the Cards don't currently have a young OT on the roster that they are developing. Not a good sign for instantly replacing our OTs next year.

Anthony batiste? :shrug:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
if it's Early or Marshall/Hyphen, I'd take Marshall/Hyphen. That being said, none of those guys should break the bank and it would be wise if the Cardinals were proactive and got them signed to decent deals before they hit FA.

but these are the Cardinals and if CC gets signed, that's major progress.

Hypen is an RFA (this is only his third year in the league). He'll be coming back; it'll be interesting to see what tender he's going to get.

Marshall isn't going to be coming back. We have A.J. Jefferson and Greg Toler coming back, as well as Michael Adams under contract for another year. Marshall is going to want starters' money. Maybe if we cut ties with Rashard Johnson or something, but Marshall's departure doesn't require too great a look into the crystal ball.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Small school prospect coming off of:
a third-degree tear in the right hamstring (most severe tear)
a torn piece of meniscus in his knee

IF he's able to regain his athletic ability to the previous level he still has a shot. He was very quick for a dude his size.

Probably came back to quickly and has had a rough year, already messing with his confidence.

Give him time on the bench, give him more shots back at guard if it helps.

I'm not ready to call him a bust yet.

Guy played at Oklahoma before punching a trainer. He's not Reggie Wells.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypen is an RFA (this is only his third year in the league). He'll be coming back; it'll be interesting to see what tender he's going to get.

Marshall isn't going to be coming back. We have A.J. Jefferson and Greg Toler coming back, as well as Michael Adams under contract for another year. Marshall is going to want starters' money. Maybe if we cut ties with Rashard Johnson or something, but Marshall's departure doesn't require too great a look into the crystal ball.

that's too bad because we're then depeding on a) a player coming back from a torn ACL and b) Jefferson, who quite frankly, isn't good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard