Arizona Cardinals, Calais Campbell Talking Contracts: A New Deal on the Horizon

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy played at Oklahoma before punching a trainer.
Isn't the benefit of playing at the marquee programs getting 3 or 4 years against top competition? That's not something from which Keith benefited.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hypen is an RFA (this is only his third year in the league). He'll be coming back; it'll be interesting to see what tender he's going to get.

Marshall isn't going to be coming back. We have A.J. Jefferson and Greg Toler coming back, as well as Michael Adams under contract for another year. Marshall is going to want starters' money. Maybe if we cut ties with Rashard Johnson or something, but Marshall's departure doesn't require too great a look into the crystal ball.

I was looking through the NFL Rules and Regulations. Do you know where the rule is that the Cardinals can only keep free agents for one year? I was having trouble finding it.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-talking-contracts-a-new-deal-on-the-horizon

Just a brief nugget on the Campbell talks. No new news, but I threw in a brief history of defensive ends we've drafted recently and should have kept. The list is nuts.

That List is a bunch of BS

Simeon Rice - Yes great player but DID NOT want to be here no matter what, remember the "Armpit of the NFL" comment?

Andre Wadsworth - Wow, we let such a stud walk away...LOL he was a bust if he walked, ran, or took a bus out of AZ it wouldnt matter he sucked.

KVB - The only one I think we should have kept. He did great things with the Titans after he left and was a great guy here

Calvin Pace - We had no choice with him, he sucked for 3 years, had that "Wrestling" injury through a glass door and then turned it on his contract year and you blame the Cards for not wanting to pay him 40 million?

Antonio Smith - We let him go again because we were not about to pay him for the simple fact we drafted CC to replace him. Which he did and is doing a WAY better job then Antonio did.

So in my opinion..that article sucks.

FlaCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Talks between impending free agent DE Calais Campbell and the Cardinals have reached "intermediate" levels, a source tells ProFootballTalk.com.

The Cards appear to have no intention of letting Campbell hit the open market. The 25-year-old has racked up eight sacks and 71 tackles this season while excelling in the run game. A five-year deal makes sense for both sides.

Per Rotoworld

OP
OP
Shaun M Church

Shaun M Church

Veteran
Reaction score

Simeon Rice - Yes great player but DID NOT want to be here no matter what, remember the "Armpit of the NFL" comment?

Andre Wadsworth - Wow, we let such a stud walk away...LOL he was a bust if he walked, ran, or took a bus out of AZ it wouldnt matter he sucked.

KVB - The only one I think we should have kept. He did great things with the Titans after he left and was a great guy here

Calvin Pace - We had no choice with him, he sucked for 3 years, had that "Wrestling" injury through a glass door and then turned it on his contract year and you blame the Cards for not wanting to pay him 40 million?

Antonio Smith - We let him go again because we were not about to pay him for the simple fact we drafted CC to replace him. Which he did and is doing a WAY better job then Antonio did.

Thanks for reading, hoss

OP
OP
Shaun M Church

Shaun M Church

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree the Cards have let many players just walk away but the list you had I didn't agree with for the reasons I stated above. You wrote a great article about the future of the cards

Be more respectful when commenting on people's body of work. I wouldn't walk into your place of employment and tell you what you do is BS. Just makes you sound ignorant, as if you don't know what you're talking about.

That's just an opinion though. I'd appreciate it. Seriously though, thanks for checking it out.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
its so easy to rip someone on the internet. Doesn't take any brains, guts or smarts. Bet that wouldn't be said in person.

If I'm CC I would be pissed that I haven't been signed yet.

OP
OP
Shaun M Church

Shaun M Church

Veteran
Reaction score
its so easy to rip someone on the internet. Doesn't take any brains, guts or smarts. Bet that wouldn't be said in person.

Not likely. I think most people are guilty of saying something online that they would never even think if the person were standing directly in front of them. I know I am. But it's no big deal.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

Absolutely agree with all of the above... was going to post exactly that... terrible example list but otherwise good articles.

Last edited:

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score

For one, I didnt "rip" anyone on the internet, I told him what I thought of his public posted article. And for a 2nd time you are 100% WRONG because as MANY people know me personally on this board know that I have NO PROBLEM saying how I feel to anyone face to face. BTW please read again I said it was a good article except for the list that 90% of the people here would agree was a bs list.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Be more respectful when commenting on people's body of work. I wouldn't walk into your place of employment and tell you what you do is BS. Just makes you sound ignorant, as if you don't know what you're talking about.

That's just an opinion though. I'd appreciate it. Seriously though, thanks for checking it out.

Big difference, I dont post my work online and ask people to read it, then get upset when someone disagrees with what you wrote. You asked me to check it out, I did and gave you my response. If you cant handle repsonses like that then dont post it in a public forum. And if its not a big deal then quit bringing it up!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one, I didnt "rip" anyone on the internet, I told him what I thought of his public posted article. And for a 2nd time you are 100% WRONG because as MANY people know me personally on this board know that I have NO PROBLEM saying how I feel to anyone face to face. BTW please read again I said it was a good article except for the list that 90% of the people here would agree was a bs list.

As 100% stated, many of us on here can vouch to his veracity. Please don't take offense. He is as direct with EVERYONE.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Is this actually a legitimate source of just another bleacherreport article?

OP
OP
Shaun M Church

Shaun M Church

Veteran
Reaction score
Big difference, I dont post my work online and ask people to read it, then get upset when someone disagrees with what you wrote. You asked me to check it out, I did and gave you my response. If you cant handle repsonses like that then dont post it in a public forum. And if its not a big deal then quit bringing it up!

It's not a big deal. Just be respectful when you talk to people. Is that difficult for you? Rather than "this list is BS", you could possibly say "I don't agree with this list", "this list is not accurate" or any number of other, less aggressive remarks that are less likely to piss people off.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Regarding KVB

I didn't go back and look but I remember him blowing out 3 knees in 3 years (IR'd each time).

He had a great motor and talent but after seeing him on IR for three years it was hard to debate letting him go.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
It's not a big deal. Just be respectful when you talk to people. Is that difficult for you? Rather than "this list is BS", you could possibly say "I don't agree with this list", "this list is not accurate" or any number of other, less aggressive remarks that are less likely to piss people off.

Yeah I guess I could take a more respectful approach but then thats just not being me :D. Once you get to know me you will see its just the way I talk and am. No offense to you as 40 and O stated, I am just as direct with everyone...especially GEE. LOL at least I didnt just write its bs and thats it, I listed my reasons for each player. I thought that was me stepping up and being a nicer guy! No harm meant.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
As 100% stated, many of us on here can vouch to his veracity. Please don't take offense. He is as direct with EVERYONE.

This.....100% is a straightforward dude, doesn't hold things back, just is honest and to the point with everyone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard