Arians' Press Conference 11:15am AZ time

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, MB looked drained at the presser, eh? How fortunate are we to have an owner who truly cares about the people in the organization and wants to see the club win as much as we do?!

I think he knows he has his work cut out for him finding someone to replace his now retired coach.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Man, MB looked drained at the presser, eh? How fortunate are we to have an owner who truly cares about the people in the organization and wants to see the club win as much as we do?!
I didnt see that at all. He looked smiling and upbeat. Keim on the other hand looked like his dog got run over.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Great presser.

What else needs to be said, that he didn't comment on. When a man who has coached longer than I have been alive, says its time for family, can you question him ?

Arians deserves some time on the lake........and I am sure there will be one more voice screaming at the TV when the Cardinals are playing now!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didnt see that at all. He looked smiling and upbeat. Keim on the other hand looked like his dog got run over.

Thought same. MB was in jolly good mood don't know why.

I thought Arians would take questions. Not sure what to make of it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael B. taking over the team is the most pivotal event for the Cardinals in my 40 years on this planet, IMHO.

This organization has definitely taken steps from being a doormat, to being a competitive team.

There is optimism with change these days.
+1

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Excellent article on BA's retirement, mostly in his own words with help from his co-author, Lars Anderson.

Among the number of reasons he gave---he said that for some reason he lost a little of his love for the game this year and that it wasn't fair to his players---the players he thanks so much for the efforts he gave them and the coaches.

The fighter and dreamer in him wanted to send his wife home to Georgia for '18, rent an apartment for a year in Glendale and with Palmer and Fitz take one more run for the roses. But given everything else he said with regard to missing his family and losing a little of his passion to be able to cope with grind and as he said, "being imprisoned" in his office...BA made a gutsy, extremely difficult, but wise decision.

A TV deal may be in the works...and, if so, he could be dynamic and love it as a commentator. Maybe he takes a year off---if so, he certainly deserves it.

Have to give BA credit for knowing when. As those of us in our 60s, 70s and 80s know, it's hard to give up something that you have given your heart and soul to for close to 40 years.

i think BA was just what the Cardinals needed when he was hired in 2013. He taught the Cardinals how to win again and win in exciting fashion. It was a thrilling 3 year run. This is how I will remember him most----in his heyday---and always going for it. Wishing you well in your retirement, BA. You are going to love it.

https://theathletic.com/198876/2018...ly-40-years-coaching-ready-for-my-second-act/

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Thought same. MB was in jolly good mood don't know why.

I thought Arians would take questions. Not sure what to make of it.
Because the reality is that Michael is the leader of this franchise...and he is a really good one. He has quietly become one of the bast owners in sports.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perhaps I read his facial expression wrong. I thought he looked like a guy who was sad to be saying goodbye to an era. Regardless, glad that you all detected him being excited about the future!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I agree with the rest of you who feel he help make the Cards 'respectable'. It was the best time to be a Cardinal fan since they came to AZ. I hope we can find a true replacement for this gentleman coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks so much Bruce. It was a great ride. I’ve always enjoyed our conversations. I hope to see you in York, PA sometime soon!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love how passionate this guy is. He truly cares and not just about himself. All the best to him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
COngrats and thank you to Bruce.

I agree with chopper. BA helped lu te groundwork. Next coach needs to carry on and upwards.