Are we feeling better??

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Did Chayka stem the flow of awful news over the weekend??

http://arizonasports.com/story/1159...d-negatives-from-past-10-days-into-positives/

What Chayka did to follow those moves perhaps gave Coyotes fans a sense of hope.

Before the draft began, Arizona traded Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin to the Blackhawks for defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson. The Coyotes weren’t done — they dealt the No. 7 pick in the draft and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo to the Rangers for center Derek Stepan and goalie Antti Raanta.

“I think we have a lot of good pieces in place,” Chayka said.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the remaining Yote fans are always a little gun-shy when it comes to putting their full faith behind the franchise.

On the surface, yes I feel better, compared to the feeling before the trades. We still need a coach.

However, the core fundamental challenges this team faces still remain so that good feeling is tempered with the possibility of re-location in the near future.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the remaining Yote fans are always a little gun-shy when it comes to putting their full faith behind the franchise.

On the surface, yes I feel better, compared to the feeling before the trades. We still need a coach.

However, the core fundamental challenges this team faces still remain so that good feeling is tempered with the possibility of re-location in the near future.
Yup, pretty much the same sentiment. I don't have a problem with the changes that were made, but with Doan I think it should have been handled better.

The freshness Barroway is creating kinda feels like he's cleaning the 'Arizona' Coyotes house for a new fan base. I just hope they're not a new version of the Nordiques; the one that won the cup a few years after moving to Denver.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think with Doan, they should have signed him to one more year and made this his finally farewell year. I bet the fans would be buying up tickets to see him off. That was the only issue I saw with not resigning Doan, was they lost the opportunity to fill the seats for one more year of Doan.