Anyone play Pinochle?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious. This is a big game in my family. My mom and I gt our asses handed to us tonight by my dad and sis, which I suppose isn't horrible since my dad and sis are WAY MORE competitive than me and my mom are.

In any case, anyone play? I'll be looking for a group to play with when I move to AZ.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
wow, i'd need a refresher course cause it's been a long time.

Fun game though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think that I have.

Id learn though. Love to play card games.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to play all the time as a kid. It was my late grandfather's (RIP) favorite game. He was very competitive as well, and enjoyed kicking the crap out of an 8-year old.

Can't remember how to play though. It's been years.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
I used to play all the time as a kid. It was my late grandfather's (RIP) favorite game. He was very competitive as well, and enjoyed kicking the crap out of an 8-year old.

Can't remember how to play though. It's been years.

It was my grandfather's fav, too, Bob. When he had a bad string of luck, he would get up and walk around his chair. My mom and I did that last night. It didn't help, lol.

I've got to find me some players once I get out there.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IUt's my favorit Card game, but to become good amd to play well you have to play for about 3 months, Thats wht most people don't know how. I used to play with the some retired poeple in a retirement home. Pretty much the only people who know how to play are convicts, old NAVY guys and retired people, because of how long it takes to get the game down.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Euchre is the best.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can you play this alone??

I mean....I kind of have to play One Player Card Games....unless I want to become THAT GUY. That guy that has poker tournaments after his kids go to bed.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Can you play this alone??

Nope. Three handed is the min. We've played up to seven people, double deck.

I am really gonna have to get some of you guys on board with this once I get to AZ.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, now that I am moving to AZ, I am officially recruiting Bob and Mike and Kim and anyone else who wants to play to learn this game! There are things I cannot live without in AZ and pinochle is one of them!

I'm all for taking things slow and offering refresher courses. This is an awesome card game! Let me know if you're interested in playing (and Mike, Kim and Bob are already on the list, like it or not!) :)

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I want to learn how to play pinnocho

:p consider you and Nicole signed on! (Your kids can tormet my cat while we play!)

C'mon, Bob, Mike and Devon! Don't disappoint me! :)

Joanne

Reaction score
Pinochle. Anyone want to start a group?

moss22033 @ yahoo.com

Last edited:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
It's my grandpa's favorite. He picked it up when he was in the Air Force. My grandparents used to play with my parents a lot but there was a big argument (my family is really competitive) and they stopped playing for 7-8 years. I did learn as well but I would need a refresher.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
It's my grandpa's favorite. He picked it up when he was in the Air Force. My grandparents used to play with my parents a lot but there was a big argument (my family is really competitive) and they stopped playing for 7-8 years. I did learn as well but I would need a refresher.

LOL. My family gets into arguments almost every time we play. Either about cheating with quick hand signals or pushing the bid to unattainable levels. Good times!