Anyone following the "Why your team sucks" series on Deadspin?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap...that was freaking hilarious. sadly...most of it seems kinda true.

but still hilarious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm dying laughing reading the fan emails:

"When I found out we signed Palmer, I threw my phone in disgust, and it was immediately picked off and run back for a touchdown."

"The Cardinals easily have the creepiest play by play announcer in Ron Wolfey, he sounds like Jerry Sandusky, and said in a broadcast "Wash was about to crush him with his shoulder, he would have raped his face." I have a strange feeling that he either has bodies in his crawlspace or drives an ice-cream truck preying on children in his spare time."

this stuff is comedy gold.

Jim Hart

Veteran
Reaction score
The 14 worst Cardinals ever: "4) Rick Ankiel" 12) Timm Rosenbach. The extra M stands for Mattress! Funny stuff.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lmao. Some funny comments on there...much of it true! :bang:

I just luv the way some of our fans laugh at this, but if it was ESPN talking trash about us many fans would gather their pitch forks & cuss them for being idiots.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardinals fans typically drive enormous white pickups with those stupid logo stickers obscuring the entire back window (

How'd they know what kind of truck I drive?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Some funny comments on there...much of it true! :bang:

I just luv the way some of our fans laugh at this, but if it was ESPN talking trash about us many fans would gather their pitch forks & cuss them for being idiots.

Much of it was true, other than the Ankiel comment I didn't find it very funny though.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
"The Cardinals have exactly one tradition that they can claim as unique to the franchise's tenure in Arizona: training camp in Flagstaff. Flagstaff is the PERFECT place for an NFL training camp: close enough to metro Phoenix that it’s not too inconvenient for the team or fans, yet a world apart from the 115-degree August days in the desert. It’s a spectacular setting at 7000 feet where they practice outside in the 75-degree mountain air, or move inside to the Skydome if thunderstorms roll in during the afternoon. Fans gather on the ponderosa pine tree-lined hillsides around the practice fields to watch the players, with the 12,000-foot San Francisco Peaks in the background, watching over all. All this in a town that's big enough for the players to go out at night and not get bored, but small enough were fans can rub elbows with them at the local bars.

So what did the Cardinals do this year after 25 years of training camp in Flagstaff? They took the only unique Arizona Cardinals team tradition out behind the shed and shot it between the eyes. It's a classic Bidwill family move. Despite some early promise with the new stadium and the excitement of the playoff years—which now seem so long ago—Michael Bidwill is becoming his father. He tried to squeeze a broke small town for money for facilities, lodging and concessions under the auspices of the Northern Arizona University location not being good enough. When city officials in Flagstaff called his bluff, he managed to get a broke large town in Glendale to cater to him. And now training camp is held at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, which offers those 115-degree August days and scenic views of foreclosed stucco homes and a Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville.”

Man, this couldn't be better stated. Training camp in Glendale is just pure crap, and is just as bad as the field condition at this point.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Note to Geoff:Ron Wolfley doesn't do play-by-play. Also, the bodies are kept in his play room (he likes an audience). So there!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That is damn funny.

Right off the back, the section on running backs.

"Their favorite player is Air Conditioning."

I feel like this team should abandon the RB position altogether. <-- I have actually thought this more than once. LOL

8 playoff appearances in 114 years, and people still ask why we don't give the organization any credit.

LOL. Brutal, yet funny.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In order to placate Fitzgerald and conjure the illusion that they're trying to compete in the NFL's best division, the Cardinals imported a sh*tload of washed-up talent, with Palmer foremost among the trash heap. They're like the world's saddest used car lot. I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THIS 2007 KARLOS DANSBY! ONLY 137,000 MILES ON HIM!

:D

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some true, some outright false, lots of half truths. Though it is funny.

The difference between this and espn is that deadspin knows it's bs and does it for fun, ESPN does things and presents them as irrefutable TRUTHFACT.

Also since it's a series, I'm assuming they are doing this with every team. I don't think I'll ever hear a bad thing out of ESPN's mouth about Tom Brady.

Plus it's hard to try to be Walter Cronkite and Daniel Tosh. ESPN is seen as supposed to be professional sports journalism, and deadspin isn't.

So two completely different premises creates two different responses.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Palmer's career is in such terrible shape that I expect him to receive a job offer from Vivid Video within the next three weeks.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People don't link to that Peter King article praising Max Hall often enough. It should be the first line in his obituary.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That is damn funny.

Right off the back, the section on running backs.

"Their favorite player is Air Conditioning."

I feel like this team should abandon the RB position altogether. <-- I have actually thought this more than once. LOL

8 playoff appearances in 114 years, and people still ask why we don't give the organization any credit.

LOL. Brutal, yet funny

That's the sad part. None of it is an exaggeration as intended. :(