Anybody remember this movie?

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been looking for a while and just can not find it.

Robert de Niro and Chalres Groden in "Midnight Run".

Came out in the 80's. It's on TNT, TBS, and AMC from time to time, but I gotta have de Niro dropping F-Bombs like only he can. Must get DVD! :D

Anybody seen it anywhere. Thanks in advance! :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:

Came out in the 80's. It's on TNT, TBS, and AMC from time to time, but I gotta have de Niro dropping F-Bombs like only he can. Must get DVD! :D

It's out there.

Been available on DVD for more than a year now...

Midnight Run

I love this movie!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:

Great movie! Partly filmed in Northern Arizona.
I worked for Budget Rent-a-car at the time - we rented them a bunch of vehicles. Then they finished the shoot - and two months later decided they needed to reshoot one of the car chase scene, so we had to track down all the cars we had rented to them before, so they could use them again.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
What a great #@%$& movie. One of my all time favorites.

I have that on VHS. The edited for TV version is alright but it is one of those movies that the language really adds something.

Kind of like Harlem Nights, edited for TV it loses a lot.

OP
OP
AZ Shocker

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks Brian! I want it now, but maybe a good stocking stuffer idea from my wife come Christmas time. She's already asking what I want. I'll e-mail her that web-site as a hint. ;)

Remember the scene in that bar I think in Amarillo, and they're trying to get money from "Red" the bar owner. Grodin is acting like FBI agent and looking over the $20 bills from the cash drawer. "Are you doing the lipnus configuration?" And Jack is like, "Yes...yes, I'm doing the lipnus configuration!" lol :D

And then I always loved this line from the head mobster guy when calling those 2 other idiot mobster guys trying to catch the "Duke"...
"Is this moron #1? Put moron #2 on the phone" lol :p

Something I've always liked about the movie is the background music. Kinda bluesy and really holds the mood for all the scenes. Cool. Anyways...thanks again guys. :)