Anderson to start Saturday!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
From Urban's Twitter.

Derek Anderson to start Sat in Chicago, Leinart to come in for last 2 min of half and 3rd

Last edited:

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
Finally!

This should shut up all the people that say Leinart isn't going to be the starter this year.

Oh wait.....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
WTF?

Well this is the strongest sign yet. Wiz knows the ramifications of what he is doing.

Toast is Toast.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
More from Urban:
Whisenhunt said he wants more offensive production but stressed this isn't necessarily permanent

It isn't the only lineup change for the weekend. LB Daryl Washington is running with the ones, along with CB Greg Toler.

Some of the QB choice is to see how Leinart reacts but again, this doesn't mean Leinart is permanently second string.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That says all we need to know right there. The one game of the pre season that the coaches take somewhat serious and DA is starting. So much for Matty here in AZ.

Looks like Mitch is right and we can forget the whole k9 post from earlier. :mulli:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW: I dont like this decision. But I do love that Toler and Washington are starting!

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This makes it pretty clear (to me anyway) that Wiz isn't at all fond of Matt. I can't imagine this is only a way to screw with Matt's head. If it is - WHY? What's the freakin' point?

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here comes a 10 pager.

Oh, and ML is toast.

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It seems like coach is doing everything he can to create a controversy.

Then again while Leinart hasn't done anything to lose the job he hasn't really stepped up and claimed it either.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
BTW: I dont like this decision. But I do love that Toler and Washington are starting!

Yeah I think this is a bad move personally. Glad Toler and Washington are starting. But man 6 series and 3 incompletions later and this? Seems to me this is a bad move.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What it comes down to is Wiz needs a projection of himself on the field in his QB. Don't forget his O-Coordinator roots.

Matt is not like Wiz in anyway. In fact they are opposites. Turns out Mitch was right. **** someone go trade for Preston Parsons and St Pierre, the man is en fuego right now :) Just Kidding Mitch.

Oh well. Like the saying goes....

In Wiz we trust.....

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Yeah I think this is a bad move personally. Glad Toler and Washington are starting. But man 6 series and 3 incompletions later and this? Seems to me this is a bad move.

hard to throw incompletions when you don't attempt a pass that travels more than 8 yards in the air....just sayin

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
That says all we need to know right there. The one game of the pre season that the coaches take somewhat serious and DA is starting. So much for Matty here in AZ.

Looks like Mitch is right and we can forget the whole k9 post from earlier. :mulli:

You are assuming that Whis treats the preseason schedule like other coaches which we know he doesn't.

I haven't seen or heard anything that would make me think that Coach would treat this game any different than the first two or the last one. They are all tools to evaluate the team.

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
Eh. I'm not reading too much into this. Last year, BSP was put in as the #2 over Matt Leinart in a preseason game. Granted, starting spots are obviously different than backup spots, but this might be about giving Derek a chance to see what he can do. I think he'll fail.

And glad to see Washington and Toler starting. But here, too, it doesn't mean Lenon isn't going to start game 1. It may be a similar thing to see how Washington does in that spot.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Love it.

Compete and step up to the challenge or get the heck out of the way.

Love to see Toler and Washington playing with the ones. Makes sense, and both have earned the oppourtunity.

As for Leinart, the season has started, he is getting his fair shot, and so far has been unimpressive.

I think it is only fair, AND smart to start Anderson in this game. See if he takes the reigns or not.

Right now this team doesn't have a QB. Leinart was named the starter at the beginning of camp, and since then has not out-competed Anderson to the point where he is the starter in stone. Thus the Cardinals are in a QB controversy, and the saying goes if you have 2 QB's you have no QB's

I have seen nothing, and have heard nothing that would prevent Anderson from getting his shot. Leinart has gotten his, and now Anderson should get a turn.

Let the best QB win because without that philosophy Warner never sees the field again after Leinart's rookie year.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, this is getting freaking AWESOME!!!

Whis is a moving target...you'll never figure him out.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, at least Whis isn't afraid of courting controversy. Twice he's done this now.

If Anderson is similarly impotent with the offense (or gets murdered by Tommie Harris, Mark Anderson, and Julius Peppers), then I guess we'll have our answer.

If Anderson moves the ball and executes the offense, then I guess we have the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

This move, at this time, doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. But in Whis I trust, I suppose.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Love it.

Love to see Toler and Washington playing with the ones. Makes sense, and both have earned the oppourtunity.

As for Leinart, the season has started, he is getting his fair shot, and so far has been unimpressive.

I think it is only fair, AND smart to start Anderson in this game. See if he takes the reigns or not.

Right now this team doesn't have a QB. Leinart was named the starter at the beginning of camp, and since then has not out-competed Anderson to the point where he is the starter in stone. Thus the Cardinals are in a QB controversy, and the saying goes if you have 2 QB's you have no QB's

I have seen nothing, and have heard nothing that would prevent Anderson from getting his shot. Leinart has gotten his, and now Anderson should get a turn.

Let the best QB win because without that philosophy Warner never sees the field again after Leinart's rookie year.

Agree with all of this, that's what I saw at camp.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I still think Leinart is the better QB but if Anderson can get it done, whatever is best for the team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Apparently a 58.5% completion rate, 4.7 YPA, 1 TD and 2 INTs is enough to give you a shot at the starting job.

For all this talk about Anderson's big arm and taking advantage of opportunities down the field, dude's YPA is over a yard less than "Noodle Armed Toast". Go figure.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Leinart is not the starter then he needs to be cut. No sense in keeping him on the team if that is the case.

Being a Cardinal fan, I hope Anderson works out. He has the arm to push us through the air. When you have Fitz and Breaston, 5 yard dump off passes is wasting their talent.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love it.

:thumbup:

And that is EXACTLY how Whiz approaches the game, his players, and probably his life, in my opinion. One of the reasons it's "In Whiz I Trust" for me.

Cannot wait for Saturday night! This is going to be interesting.