And people rip on Matt and Tom Brady- Travis Henry

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070827/SPORTS11/70827008/1038/ENT03

If I didn't feel sorry for the kids this would be funny, 9 kids already and he's apparently broke despite making millions in the NFL? Note recall the story earlier in Buffalo where he had to ask for a loan to avoid bankruptcy and wound up signing an extension at below market value to get the signing bonus. Now we know why I guess.

Broncos RB Travis Henry reportedly fathered nine children in four states
August 27, 2007

FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

Broncos running back Travis Henry been ordered to provide $3,000 a month for the Lithonia, Ga., boy he fathered out of wedlock three years ago, a DeKalb Superior Court Judge ordered, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The paper reported Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in at least four Southern states and has been ordered by various judges to provide child support for seven of them, according to court records.

Advertisement

The Broncos signed Henry to a five-year, $22.5-million contract in March with $12 million in guaranteed bonuses.

"People can judge me all they want," Henry told the Denver Post. "But only God can judge me.

"A lot of stuff that's been put out there isn't true, but I'm not going to get into that right now," Henry said. "The important thing is I want to take care of my kids really and truly. It's all good."

According to court records, the judge wrote that Henry displayed "bad judgment in his spending habits," dropping $100,000 for a car and $146,000 for jewelry. Henry fell behind on support payments for onechild. Threatened with jail, he borrowed $9,800 from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, to pay the bill, according to court records.

Henry’s lawyer, Shiel Edlin, told the Atlanta paper, Henry wants to be a good parent. "I know these are a lot of kids, and there might be some questions about it, but he's a really committed father."

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, he's 28 years old.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I wonder if the anti-Leinart morality police will suggest Henry becoming a polygamist and marrying all nine of those women.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People don't rip Matt and Tom because they're bad parents.

It's their good looks, marketability that makes their "questionable parenting" news.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Russ --

you would know better than I, but as I recall, there was a Bronco board that got a little moralistic on Leinart when Matt's impending fatherhood came out--

I havent gone over there, but I am guessing that their reaction now is that if the player is a Bronco, to quote the committed father, "its all good"

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
What does morality have to do with winning a football game?

Answer: Nothing.

People make mistakes. I won't count Brady and Leinart as bad people because they seem to be taking responsibility for their actions and are trying to be good parents. At least they are better parents (so far) than people like Mike Vick's parents. Where's the outrage there?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ --

you would know better than I, but as I recall, there was a Bronco board that got a little moralistic on Leinart when Matt's impending fatherhood came out--

I havent gone over there, but I am guessing that their reaction now is that if the player is a Bronco, to quote the committed father, "its all good"

I haven't checked in there for awhile but good point that was one of the reasons they preferred Cutler they said it proved Matt was not serious about football.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the brightside he has an entire baseball team.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
At least they are better parents (so far) than people like Mike Vick's parents.
:lame:You don't know anything about his parents to justify that statement. Many caring and loving parents have kids that stray on the path of life.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
:lame:You don't know anything about his parents to justify that statement. Many caring and loving parents have kids that stray on the path of life.

His dad is threatening to write a tell-all book about Mike's early dogfighting days unless Mike will pay him off.

Mike claims the only time his dad talks to him is when he is asking for money.

Other evidence: Mike's brother didn't turn out so good either.

Yeah, I really don't have enough information to make that statement. :shrug: I am sure every good parent would try to cash in when their son is facing jail time.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20070824-9999-1s24vick.html

My criticism is justified.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we know why Travis won't be getting any endorsements from Trojan.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
His dad is threatening to write a tell-all book about Mike's early dogfighting days unless Mike will pay him off.

Mike claims the only time his dad talks to him is when he is asking for money.

Other evidence: Mike's brother didn't turn out so good either.

Yeah, I really don't have enough information to make that statement. :shrug: I am sure every good parent would try to cash in when their son is facing jail time.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20070824-9999-1s24vick.html
OK. His dad may be a dirtbag. You said parents. Plural. If your point is, "the kids came out bad, they must be bad parents", that isn't always true.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
OK. His dad may be a dirtbag. You said parents. Plural. If your point is, "the kids came out bad, they must be bad parents", that isn't always true.

No, that is not my point. I agree that there are many other factors. I should have been more clear: I am mostly upset with his father's response since Mike got into trouble. His fathering skills may or may not have been a factor in how Vick turned out, but his actions as of late seem to suggest that this guy is an unfit father.

My point is that there is less outrage from some about this guy than there is about Leinart and Brady, who have yet to prove they are bad fathers.

And I do feel bad for his mother. Thanks for letting me clarify.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No, that is not my point. I agree that there are many other factors. I should have been more clear: I am mostly upset with his father's response since Mike got into trouble. His fathering skills may or may not have been a factor in how Vick turned out, but his actions as of late seem to suggest that this guy is an unfit father.

My point is that there is less outrage from some about this guy than there is about Leinart and Brady, who have yet to prove they are bad fathers.

And I do feel bad for his mother. Thanks for letting me clarify.
:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard