Am I the only one who thinks we should keep McCrane?

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's got plenty of leg...younger, cheaper etc...

It's not like we are chasing the SB, or even a Wild card realistically.... Our season is most likely not going to be decided by a FG or 6..... Dawson is as old as dirt....

I don't see a downside at the moment.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's not like we are chasing the SB, or even a Wild card realistically.... Our season is most likely not going to be decided by a FG or 6..... Dawson is as old as dirt....

Most games are decided by 7 or less points and we don't have to go far into our past to find seasons lost by poor FG kicking

I'll go with experience and see if we add the kid to our PS.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wow, I never realized Dawson set a personal best last year, with 40 attempted FGs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

If Dawson starts to fail the kid will still most likely still be available.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know the Chargers went with a young leg last year that probably cost them the first three or four games. By the time they made the swap to an older guy, they went on an amazing run to end 1 game short of post season. Had the coach made the switch a game or two earlier they make the playoffs. Sometimes the risk is greater than the reward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mcrane makes 3 or 4 kicks in preaseason and Dawson misses a 55 yarder and people want to ditch him.

The sample size is ridiculously low for a fan to think they know better than the cards coach and gm who saw them kick hundreds of times in practice.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 for 6 beyond 29 yards?? Bring him in for what exactly??
2 of those misses were beyond 50 and at this point in the season, you aren’t going to find any kickers who are all that good from such long distance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson