All the pundits saying we should trade Rosen is all we need to know, IMO

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure they are, but there is no denying the amazing talent that is Murray.
Rosen coming out last year is a pure pocket passer....and he's proven that. He's good!
Murray just looks like he's got the 'it' factor ...similar to Wilson.
My only point is the 'talking heads' aren't always wrong....nor are they always against the Cardinals.
The us against the world mentality some have is ignorant. Sounds like Suns fans....just accept the fact the team is horrible and the best thing the Cardinals could do is follow Dennis Green's footsteps when he came to AZ. He single handedly turned this franchise from the pit to respectable.

Kind of off topic....but those dudes on the Suns forum are the thinnest skinned people ever. Talk about delusional....ok... back to Murray vs Rosen

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sure they are, but there is no denying the amazing talent that is Murray.
Rosen coming out last year is a pure pocket passer....and he's proven that. He's good!
Murray just looks like he's got the 'it' factor ...similar to Wilson.
My only point is the 'talking heads' aren't always wrong....nor are they always against the Cardinals.
The us against the world mentality some have is ignorant. Sounds like Suns fans....just accept the fact the team is horrible and the best thing the Cardinals could do is follow Dennis Green's footsteps when he came to AZ. He single handedly turned this franchise from the pit to respectable.

You go Charger fan... we are sooooooooooooooo all ears :grabs:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
All the Hype,BS,Bluster because a QB actually measured 5'10.He probably had lifts in his Sox.Then "Mr Revolutionize the NFL" refuses to actually show he can do anything besides stand up straight and step on a scale.Maybe he just wasn't feeling "all in" for football this week.:barf:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nick Bosa (or Q Williams) AND Josh Rosen is better than Kyler Murray and $8 million in dead cap space, no matter how you spin it.

Technically assuming we get a mid first round pick in exchange it would be

Bosa/Williams AND Rosen

or

Murray AND Ed Oliver or Devin White kind of player...

The other thing to point out is the Cards don't HAVE to trade Rosen before June 1st.. You could draft Murray wait until the new league season and then trade him.. It might be an awkward two months, but I think you may be able to avoid the dead money that way....

In the end, I am torn on this one, because the wildcard of Murray, but I think the reality may be this whole thing is one big smoke screen..

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
No he isn't. He sucks. Move on.

Please.

It's not as simple as "he sucks - move on". What does "move on" mean to you? What are you getting in return?

If someone offers us three first round picks for Josh - okay, maybe you consider it.

If someone offers two future second round picks for Josh - you hang up the phone, and happily take Nick Bosa.

What some of you idiots don't understand is that this isn't a binary situation. There's a ton of factors that go into play when considering this decision. It all depends on the offers for both Rosen and the #1 overall pick.

There's absolutely no way anyone has made a definite decision on what is going to happen without having an expectation of what they would get in return. They're only going to trade Rosen (and/or the #1 pick) if they get offers that offer not only a higher potential return on investment, but a higher probability of actually seeing that return on investment.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Cards do trade Rosen & Kyler does not pan out out, the franchise is going to be marked for death. Every potential top QB such as Lawrence etc going forward is going pull a Eli Manning come draft time. Why would they want to play for team that just tossed away a rookie like trash especially when they give him zero chance to succeed.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If Cards do trade Rosen & Kyler does not pan out out, the franchise is going to be marked for death. Every potential top QB such as Lawrence etc going forward is going pull a Eli Manning come draft time. Why would they want to play for team that just tossed away a rookie like trash especially when they give him zero chance to succeed.
This is a very strong point.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want a QB shorter than I am, unless it's Russel Wilson...especially one that has Trump sized hands.

I also wish my my Mom was still around... So I could maybe get an answer as to why both my brothers are 6'2"!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since when do any of the talking heads actually know anything about the AZ Cardinals?Most of the dumb MFers couldn`t find Arizona on a map.
That's funny as hell BW52 lol, that being said, we need the NFL Sunday ticket to watch the cardinals play here in Kentucky.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a very strong point.
Very strong point, josh Rosen showed toughness by getting back up every single time after getting knocked on his ass last season. He also showed he can throw the football. Most of his interceptions were because of no protection up front, got gun shy worrying about getting hit once again. What first yr QB could've played well last yr with our offensive line? None.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score

That’s a pretty big stretch. The Eli Manning situation was so rare and probably doesn’t happen if he wasn’t a Manning.

anyone that thinks rationally about this situation can see a scenario where the Cardinals would want to move on from Rosen IF they get good value for him. So your point about tossing Rosen away like trash wouldn’t be true at all.

And remember that Rosen’s value won’t be any higher than it is right now. (And if it does increase, then talks about trading him wouldn’t make sense anymore)

If the Cardinals get a good trade offer for Rosen and draft Murray because they believed him to be a better fit for the new coaching staff, then I don’t see how future prospects can fault the organization for it not panning out.

All of this hinges on what they can get back for Rosen.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it I am coming to the conclusion we are going to trade out of the first pick and get a mother load of picks. I can see us receiving this years 1st , a 2nd and a #1 next year. With that much ammunition we could easily trade up next year for a qb should Rosen fail.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
At this point I'm starting to think that we're going to end of being the ones to fall in love with Murray. I personally like Rosen and think he'll be a good QB, but my gut tells me we will pull the trigger on Murray. If this is the case I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't get a top 15 pick in this years draft for Rosen. With all that being said Murray is without a doubt the biggest boom/bust pick in the draft. He's either the franchise changer Mahomes was to the Chiefs or a massive disappointment.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The more I think about it I am coming to the conclusion we are going to trade out of the first pick and get a mother load of picks. I can see us receiving this years 1st , a 2nd and a #1 next year. With that much ammunition we could easily trade up next year for a qb should Rosen fail.

It is possible but who would give up that much for the #1 pick? I like Bosa and think he will be a Pro-Bowl type player.Murray has the hype train rolling but will some GM fall for the BS enough to give up a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd also plus a 1st rounder next draft? I don`t see that happening because if Murray gets picked at #1 pick and fails the team that drafted him has no top pick next draft.Josh Allen isn`t worthy of top pick status nor is Quinnen Williams.
Another thing is that I don`t want Sk to overthink this and end up trading down and ending up with another Bryant Johnson mistake trade down scenario.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is possible but who would give up that much for the #1 pick? I like Bosa and think he will be a Pro-Bowl type player.Murray has the hype train rolling but will some GM fall for the BS enough to give up a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd also plus a 1st rounder next draft? I don`t see that happening because if Murray gets picked at #1 pick and fails the team that drafted him has no top pick next draft.Josh Allen isn`t worthy of top pick status nor is Quinnen Williams.
Another thing is that I don`t want Sk to overthink this and end up trading down and ending up with another Bryant Johnson mistake trade down scenario.
It will take a whole bunch to get our #1 if you look at the draft value charts. It certainly is scary to trade an opportunity to get Bosa.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we drafted Murray and traded Rosen we all know what would happen, Rosen would win at least 1 Super Bowl and Murray wouldn’t last here past his rookie deal. It’s just the way things work for Cardinal fans.

Did u read Zeno's conscience

A human can be considered sick when he ignore to be sick
Instead the awareness to be sick put him in the situation to fight his sickness and try to get better

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Did u read Zeno's conscience

A human can be considered sick when he ignore to be sick
Instead the awareness to be sick put him in the situation to fight his sickness and try to get better

It’s been a long time since philosophy class (96 I think) but that is where I got my screen name from.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Please.

It's not as simple as "he sucks - move on". What does "move on" mean to you? What are you getting in return?

If someone offers us three first round picks for Josh - okay, maybe you consider it.

If someone offers two future second round picks for Josh - you hang up the phone, and happily take Nick Bosa.

What some of you idiots don't understand is that this isn't a binary situation. There's a ton of factors that go into play when considering this decision. It all depends on the offers for both Rosen and the #1 overall pick.

There's absolutely no way anyone has made a definite decision on what is going to happen without having an expectation of what they would get in return. They're only going to trade Rosen (and/or the #1 pick) if they get offers that offer not only a higher potential return on investment, but a higher probability of actually seeing that return on investment.

Can't forget that dead money hit.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, take this for what it's worth since this is local up here. Apparently San Francisco isn't sold on Jimmy G and can get out of that contract after next season with very minimal damage or cut him now with only a $13 million hit. They are high on Kyler too. Drop a spot for a third rounder or possibly a second if there are other teams bidding and still get Bosa, but risk Kyler haunting the Cards for two games a year for years to come?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn