All quiet on Washington front

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's just odd that DWASTE seems to be getting completely treated different than all others on suspension for similar or worse violations by both the NFL and NFLPA. I've never seen such lack of info in this day and age of social media available.

Maybe he's not completed all his mandatory work or even had a setback in his drug issues despite reports.

Just seems odd that zero info about his return with just 6wks remaining til the real hitting begins.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he's not completed all his mandatory work or even had a setback in his drug issues despite reports.

Just seems odd that zero info about his return with just 6wks remaining til the real hitting begins.

If it were a setback the silence seems even more odd to me.. Just suspend AGAIn and be done with it.. The silence makes no sense.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Regardless of when he is reinstated, he isn't suiting up for a few weeks...so maybe the league just sees no need to hurry and announce anything.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If it were a setback the silence seems even more odd to me.. Just suspend AGAIn and be done with it.. The silence makes no sense.

Makes me think there is a bigger legal action (civil/lawsuit) looming, and dwash might be in the center of it. Nothing else makes much sense at this point.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cardinals must know tho right? I mean theres no way that BASK are just sitting around wondering if he will be reinstated. If the NFL has truly said nothing, they are doing the Cardinals a great disservice. How can they plan their defense really having no idea if he will be on the field or not?

I get all points that the NFL isn't obligated to do anything, but isn't it a courtesy to atleast let the team know? Its just weird.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Regardless of when he is reinstated, he isn't suiting up for a few weeks...so maybe the league just sees no need to hurry and announce anything.

Except suspended guys get to play in the preseason. Brady gets to play in preseason and he's suspended. He's missing out on reps. There's something going on that we don't know about.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Is DWash practicing with the team right now?

No---he has to be reinstated by the NFL. If he's given another suspension, he can practice with the team during training camp. But, his status with the league needs to be determined first.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No---he has to be reinstated by the NFL. If he's given another suspension, he can practice with the team during training camp. But, his status with the league needs to be determined first.
Thanks for the info.

Hadn't heard anything about him being there, that's why I asked.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
But, his status with the league needs to be determined first.

Mitch what is your reasoning why we've heard nada about DWash? I just don't understand what's going on with his situation other than possible more issues? Crazy

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He'd have to be reinstated before we could suspend him again. I don't know what more you guys are going to need to see to start to be convinced.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except suspended guys get to play in the preseason. Brady gets to play in preseason and he's suspended. He's missing out on reps. There's something going on that we don't know about.

Yeah, that's just stupid. If you're suspended you should miss practices, training camp, and warmup games too, IMHO.

Oh no - a player is missing reps? Then that player needs to stop cheating, doing drugs, hurting women, or driving drunk.

Can't wait to find out the reason. Would not surprise me one bit if DWash did something else which has resulted in another long suspension, or an extension of his last one.

:grabs:

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Something is fishy here. When you take into consideration what other players have done i.e. Hardy etc and they haven't had this odd limbo period

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, that's just stupid. If you're suspended you should miss practices, training camp, and warmup games too, IMHO.

Oh no - a player is missing reps? Then that player needs to stop cheating, doing drugs, hurting women, or driving drunk.

Can't wait to find out the reason. Would not surprise me one bit if DWash did something else which has resulted in another long suspension, or an extension of his last one.

:grabs:

I actually don't mind that much. The players are working for free during the preseason, and they're already going to miss 2-8 games worth of checks once the season starts. 90% of the roster earns their job during TC. It doesn't seem fair to take half a guy's salary and cripple his ability to make income.

I think that's the logic behind it.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch what is your reasoning why we've heard nada about DWash? I just don't understand what's going on with his situation other than possible more issues? Crazy

Isn't it odd that Washington didn't reapply to be reinstated at the earliest possible date? The timing seemed suspicious. One would think that if he was sincere about his return to the Cardinals he would have done everything required of him and more. It sure doesn't seem that way, does it?

Plus, Washington could have reached out to the organization and the fans, at least through his agent if not directly from himself to reiterate how sorry he is and how he is going to prove it by getting reinstated and being a major contributor to the team asap. Moreover, seeing as he has pocketed $10M the past two season for thus far 0 participation, one would think that he would appease the organization by saying that they could add two years to his existing deal without any further compensation other than the minimum. People who really care and feel guilty for not being there make those kinds of gestures. Washington seems to be all about himself.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it odd that Washington didn't reapply to be reinstated at the earliest possible date? The timing seemed suspicious. One would think that if he was sincere about his return to the Cardinals he would have done everything required of him and more. It sure doesn't seem that way, does it?

He applied a couple of days after passed all of his requirements from the DV issue. Nothing suspicious about that at all. Seems pretty darn smart if you ask me. Actually seems like he was trying to get back on the field faster with a smaller suspension from the DV issue.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He applied a couple of days after passed all of his requirements from the DV issue. Nothing suspicious about that at all. Seems pretty darn smart if you ask me. Actually seems like he was trying to get back on the field faster with a smaller suspension from the DV issue.

How's that choice working out for him?

Man, D-wash dead-enders are pretty great.

jeeperaz

Rookie
Reaction score
I hope DW's agent(Jordon Woy) would know his reputation will take a gigantic hit in the eyes of every GM in the league if he has helped his client collect money for services that knowingly will never be delivered.

Woy must be privy to the status of DW's drug testing and other requirements to the leagues reinstatement process.

How is this guy getting off the hook so easily? Members of the media have reached out to him and he declines comment or doesn't return calls. Is he in contact with the team? Somebody has got to be pushing for answers!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I know, huh? They sound almost as misinformed as obsessed D-Wash antagonists.

:shrug:

What is the evidence again that Daryl Washington's reinstatement is forthcoming?

My evidence against:

- Daryl Washington remains suspended weeks after the Commissioner's office was required to rule
- The NFL does not issue press releases for players who remain suspended/banished
- Washington, Washington's representative(s), the Arizona Cardinals and the NFLPA have done nothing publicly to advocate for a public decision on Washington
- Through back-channels like twitter, local reporters have made it pretty clear that Washington remains banished from the NFL, with little hope of him coming back

None of these facts are in dispute. Keep spinning some increasingly baroque scenarios, though, I guess.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What is the evidence again that Daryl Washington's reinstatement is forthcoming?

My evidence against:

- Daryl Washington remains suspended weeks after the Commissioner's office was required to rule
- The NFL does not issue press releases for players who remain suspended/banished
- Washington, Washington's representative(s), the Arizona Cardinals and the NFLPA have done nothing publicly to advocate for a public decision on Washington
- Through back-channels like twitter, local reporters have made it pretty clear that Washington remains banished from the NFL, with little hope of him coming back

None of these facts are in dispute. Keep spinning some increasingly baroque scenarios, though, I guess.

In other words, supposition; unless you're privy to information that we don't have. Plus, I've yet to hear anything that supports your bold statement of "little hope of him coming back." Local reporters, as early as yesterday, have indicated that things are still in "wait and see" mode.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In other words, supposition; unless you're privy to information that we don't have. Plus, I've yet to hear anything that supports your bold statement of "little hope of him coming back." Local reporters, as early as yesterday, have indicated that things are still in "wait and see" mode.

Nope. Those are all facts. What are the facts that support the hypothesis that if we just wait a few more days, surely Washington will be re-instated.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nope. Those are all facts. What are the facts that support the hypothesis that if we just wait a few more days, surely Washington will be re-instated.

"Little hope of him coming back" is not a factual statement.