All quiet on Washington front

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This whole thing is baffling. I'm more upset because it seems it's perfectly acceptable for the NFL to string the Cardinals along.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whole thing is baffling. I'm more upset because it seems it's perfectly acceptable for the NFL to string the Cardinals along.

I tweeted jurecki and somers last night asking if they are not baffled by the lack of news, neither responded.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I've been wrong on this all along, so I have NO IDEA on what's going on. DW's agent's silence is the most mystifying. Team, imo, is being insulted by the NFL, who seems to have issued a gag on the team.

I'm baffled and mystified that you think the Cards don't know what's going on. They've said that they're working as if Daryls gone until he's not. Daryls still gone; the Cards aren't saying anything. His agent isn't saying anything. The NFLPA isn't saying anything. The beat writers are acting like there's nothing to see here.

What's the logical inference?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He never filed for reinstatement...how hard is that for you guys to understand!?!
This isn't the nfl holding it up!
Think about it!
Washington can keep all $10 mill by NOT reapplying, so he didn't.
Why? It's a legal out for Wash. If he reapplied and does not make the team the contract he signed MUST have had stated if he got in this kind of trouble the team could go after his $.
By not reapplying he's not bound to the deal. He can keep the money and live happily ever after.
Use your heads! Would you
A - not reapply to the nfl and keep all $10 mill plus and forgo the nfl
Or
B - reapply and now get a 4 game suspension plus more headline news. The team is going to take a large, if not all of the signing bonus back and you have to make the team.
I'm telling you he quit the nfl and is going to live happily ever after.
The math of it. At 5% in a savings account he makes $500,000 a year. Tell me you couldn't quit the nfl and live off $500,000 every year for the rest of your life.
Stop the nonsense talk of him returning.
Is he doing radio or TV interviews? NO
If he wanted to be back we'd hear something.
Use your noggins.
Furthermore every cardinals fan should HATE D Washington for what he's done to our team. He's been a scum bag and by far one of the worst problems for the Cardinals.
He gave the cards a big middle finger again and again and again.
imo D wash can kiss my A

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He never filed for reinstatement...how hard is that for you guys to understand!?!
Think about it!
Why? It's a legal out for Wash. If he reapplied and does not make the team the contract he signed MUST have had stated if he got in this kind of trouble the team could go after his $.
By not reapplying he's not bound to the deal. He can keep the money and live happily ever after.
Or
B - reapply and now get a 4 game suspension plus more headline news. The team is going to take a large, if not all of the signing bonus back and you have to make the team.
The math of it. At 5% in a savings account he makes $500,000 a year. Tell me you couldn't quit the nfl and live off $500,000 every year for the rest of your life.
Use your noggins.

he filed on August 8th.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think about it!
Or
Use your noggins.

I defy you to find a savings account that yields 5%. You might not get .01% on a traditional savings account (which wouldn't be insured in full by the FDIC), and even a 20Y T-bill's yield is 2.67%.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I sent a text to Jax guy to see if teams know the player's status prior to it being announced by commish but have not received a response yet.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I tweeted jurecki and somers last night asking if they are not baffled by the lack of news, neither responded.

I did the same thing, and added Urban. Nothing back. It's not like these guys are unaware that there's fan interest in following up.

Tweet Weinfuss about it. He's a weasel, but the NFL can't freeze ESPN out of their locker room. Grantland and Robert Mays gets all the Mothership's access to Keim. I'd do it myself, but Weinfuss and I got into it a while back.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I did the same thing, and added Urban. Nothing back. It's not like these guys are unaware that there's fan interest in following up.

Tweet Weinfuss about it. He's a weasel, but the NFL can't freeze ESPN out of their locker room. Grantland and Robert Mays gets all the Mothership's access to Keim. I'd do it myself, but Weinfuss and I got into it a while back.
You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By carlo milano on Jul 30, 2015 | Reply
darren
i assume there is something the organization hide about dWash
the player offically filed for reinstatement on.may 8,,almost 3 months with no answers
how is possible the nfl didnt take a decision,probably after hiring graves they are slower then before
i heard from weinfuss or jurecky that dwash never miss and failed a test,also he did his community works
we as a fans can we have an answer?

By Darren Urban on Jul 30, 2015 | Reply
Carlo —
RE: Washington
I don’t think we know for sure if Daryl has done everything needed to be reinstated. This long after he could have been reinstated, it’s hard to believe this is simply a matter of the NFL dragging its feet.

jeeperaz

Rookie
Reaction score
I know this is foolish thinking but I'm holding out hope that the reason we cut Dennard was to open a roster spot for DW's reinstatement this friday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92