All Josh McCowns Fault

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remmeber that bomb that beat the Vikings that 85% of the posters here were celebrating? You know the one that got us our 4th or 5th win that year in week 17 and cost us the #1 pick?

That pick ultimately would have been Philip Rivers.

But I guess we can all still bask in that glory of a nothing week 17 contest!

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Philip Rivers went #4 after Fitz and was traded to SD.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
would not have wanted manning,...I said then, and stand by it,....Rivers was the best QB in that draft............. but even at #1 overall,...Denny Green and the Az Cardinals were going to draft one god son named Larry Fitzgerald from Pitt.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Remmeber that bomb that beat the Vikings that 85% of the posters here were celebrating? You know the one that got us our 4th or 5th win that year in week 17 and cost us the #1 pick?

Wasn't the rumor that Green was taking Fitzgerald no matter what?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah. Dumb thread. We could have had Rivers or Rapistburger and they are both better than Manning. We won like we should have and missed out on nothing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude get over it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we wouldn't have kept Warner and we probably wouldn't have won an NFC championship. It's just as easy to say all those who were bemoaning that victory turned out to be wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we wouldn't have kept Warner and we probably wouldn't have won an NFC championship. It's just as easy to say all those who were bemoaning that victory turned out to be wrong.

:iwin:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's just as easy to say all those who were bemoaning that victory turned out to be wrong.
They were. Absolutely wrong. The only players that we missed out on were Manning and Gallery. Manning took years to develop and we wouldn't have had the patience. Gallery was a bust for being the #2 pick. He's decent, but nowhere near as good as Fitz.

:edit: By the way, we didn't sign Warner until '05. I agree with the point though. We probably wouldn't have signed him.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
that pales in comparison to cutting Matt Leinart with a 110+ QB rating, going 19 out 24 on this miserable excuse for a football team this preseason.

Matt out played every QB in the NFL this preseason with out an Oline, run game or defense. and was treated like the anti christ. smooth move ex lax.

not theory, fact while Whiz did everything possible to put Matt in the worse position to succeed. fact at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh jesus yeah cutting matt is the worst the the cardinals ever did in history, we get it. He is really kicking ass out there for the texans.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
that pales in comparison to cutting Matt Leinart with a 110+ QB rating, going 19 out 24 on this miserable excuse for a football team this preseason.

Matt out played every QB in the NFL this preseason with out an Oline, run game or defense. and was treated like the anti christ. smooth move ex lax.

not theory, fact while Whiz did everything possible to put Matt in the worse position to succeed. fact at this point.

Man, it just boggles the mind that they couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him, and that he's still third string! Must be a league wide conspiracy against the guy.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh jesus yeah cutting matt is the worst the the cardinals ever did in history, we get it. He is really kicking ass out there for the texans.

This comes from people who weren't around when we took a kicker in the 1st round. And I find it funny how people have turned on Fitz. I guess you all were hating us drafting Fitz during the 2008 playoff run too, right?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Guys, put THESMEL on your ignore list. It lowers the chance of a thread being ruined.

THESMEL

Reaction score
kind a

I remember when Tom Tupa took over as QB! thats about all I remember at that game, got pretty drunk don't remember who he replaced or who we were playing just that and the gigantic urge to drink as much as possible stagger and pass out.

ruined thread? just look at it! Josh is better than any QB we kept! He's my hero. He was Cardinal threw and threw!

This comes from people who weren't around when we took a kicker in the 1st round. And I find it funny how people have turned on Fitz. I guess you all were hating us drafting Fitz during the 2008 playoff run too, right?

Last edited:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score

Actually, it was Emmitt Smith's fault. He's the only guy who was smart enough to call a timeout when the clock was ready to run out. That gave us a 4th down with a TD required, and the rest was history.

Or maybe it was Nate Poole's fault. After all, he caught the damn ball!!!

Or maybe it was Mike Tice's fault because he let us back in the game.

Or maybe it was my damn fault because I cheered so loud that game they couldn't get the right defensive call in!!

Last edited:

THESMEL

Reaction score
thanks Scott

Great Scott

I thought it was my fault for sucking wind and taking up space on this board.

thanks, sure took the pressure off, thought I was going to have to cut my wrist to be popular.

it's not who we had that bothers me, its how we mishandled and put them in the worse possible position to succeed this off season. hey I'm proud of many losing Cardinals, like Pat Tillman, Josh, Vince Tobin, Gene Stallings, many, many ghost of yester year, I would be proud of these guys if they competed with guts and valor.

Rhodes gave up Sunday, avoided finishing danced and tried to look busy every play. the rest have never recovered from that NO surrender in the playoffs. Kurt sucked pretty bad in that one too. but as a team they have never bounced back from that humilation, been humilated every game since.

Point to that first game the Rams, if you want but they humilated themselves in that one also.

no offensive TDs in the NO win this year, it was humilating way to win really, We'll take ugly but it aint like it built fundementals or confidence.

The Raiders thats like top 5 humilating wins of all time.

Actually, it was Emmitt Smith's fault. He's the only guy who was smart enough to call a timeout when the clock was ready to run out. That gave us a 4th down and Goal and the rest was history.

Of maybe it was Nate Poole's fault. After all, he caught the damn ball!!!

Or maybe it was Mike Tice's fault because he led us back in the game.

Or maybe it was my damn fault because I cheered so loud that game they couldn't get the right defensive call in!!

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
There's no way to guarantee that Rivers or Manning or Roethlesburger would have been good here. Just like saying if Leinart went to another team he may be a superstar or if the Colts had got Leaf instead of Manning, would leaf have turned out so badly?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There's no way to guarantee that Rivers or Manning or Roethlesburger would have been good here. Just like saying if Leinart went to another team he may be a superstar or if the Colts had got Leaf instead of Manning, would leaf have turned out so badly?
Absolutely true. Point is though, we didn't ruin our future by winning a meaningless game.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What a bunch of nonsense Swd.

Two years later the Cards, with the 10th pick in the NFL draft, took the most "NFL ready college QB in years". Pay attention Luckophiles.

Then 4 years later they simply cut him and get nothing for it. In a league where 3rd string QBs are traded for draft picks the Cards get NOTHING for Leinart.

To think that drafting higher in 2004 would have made a difference really shows a lack of knowledge of this horrendously dysfunctional franchise.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What a bunch of nonsense Swd.

Two years later the Cards, with the 10th pick in the NFL draft, took the most "NFL ready college QB in years". Pay attention Luckophiles.

Then 4 years later they simply cut him and get nothing for it. In a league where 3rd string QBs are traded for draft picks the Cards get NOTHING for Leinart.

To think that drafting higher in 2004 would have made a difference really shows a lapse in your well earned knowledge of this horrendously dysfunctional franchise.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

:doi::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::doi:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson