Alford Out For Season

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Just saw something about the Redbirds signing CB Ken Crawley. Who???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people have way too much faith in a UDFA corner that has 279 defensive snaps.

He's got promise but we ain't challenging for the division with Jones starting at CB.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Jones too, but how many games he played?
Hey, the guy has showed more progress than most our early round draft picks with substantial playing time compared to them. Remove the draft hype, and he has shown to be a better outside corner than Murphy... let the boy play and we will see :)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think people have way too much faith in a UDFA corner that has 279 defensive snaps.

He's got promise but we ain't challenging for the division with Jones starting at CB.

Really, why not. Because he was a not a high draft pick is the reason. Yeah, it's reassuring to an extent to have a shiny highly drafted rookie but that does not mean they are the solution as we so often find. Pretend Jones was a second round pick, and finished as he did... probably would change your outlook but not the reality that the young man can start

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I remember him being more of an outside corner & part of his issues was learning the slot when he came to the NFL. I could be wrong though.

According to everything I read on the draft sites Murphy was moved around quite a bit however he seemed to do best at the LCB position. It sounds like you have a very valid point about the slot position and his learning curve. This begs the question of why you would draft him to be your slot CB when he might be better on the outside. One point of concern that seemed to be somewhat of a theme in the draft analysis was his problems handling speedier WRs on the outside. That said he was praised for being smart and having the ability to read offenses play calling.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really, why not. Because he was a not a high draft pick is the reason. Yeah, it's reassuring to an extent to have a shiny highly drafted rookie but that does not mean they are the solution as we so often find. Pretend Jones was a second round pick, and finished as he did... probably would change your outlook but not the reality that the young man can start

I don't care about draft position. I don't want Murphy outside either based on what I saw last year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Figured I would quote the most respected name in Cardinals journalism:
Via NFL Network’s Ian Rappoport on twitter, Arizona is signing former Raider and Saint CB Ken Crawley. The 6’1, 180 pound veteran was waived by the Raiders on Tuesday after signing a future’s contract with the team back in January.

Crawley, a four year veteran out of Colorado (undrafted), has 43 NFL games under his belt which include 115 solo tackles, 31 passes defensed and one INT.

His most productive season game back in 2017 with New Orleans, when he secured 17 passes defensed while securing his lone career pick.
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...d-to-sign-former-raider-saints-cb-ken-crawley

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair I think he's just a camp body. They need a guy that knows what to do and to take practice reps.

If they sign someone he'll be gonzo

i hate that this is usually the reply from our fans who think pickups like this are just camp bodies believing another shoe will likely drop... and then rarely does.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The ultimate solution to this problem would be to trade for Desmond King from the Chargers and permanently fix that CB2 spot. With King becoming CB1 when P2 is done.

The Chargers have a bunch of big contracts up next year and are deep at CB. No way they can afford to extend him and apparently already shopped him around earlier this year.
Read that article too. I’d be willing to explore it.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
i hate that this is usually the reply from our fans who think pickups like this are just camp bodies believing another shoe will likely drop... and then rarely does.

I am a realist and yes, that is often the outcome simply because good players of value do not hit the open market... let's just say in this scenario they will be looking

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is it lame? He at least has a bunch of experience and is almost surely better than at least Kevin Peterson.

Dude could only get 148 defensive snaps in a garbage Dolphins team last year.

In his 4 season in the league his PFF grades are 51, 77, 51, 55. He had one good season in a very good Saints defense. Otherwise has been garbage and has taken 550 snaps in the last 2 years.

If he's anything more than depth / camp it's not good. If they think this guy can be a competitive starter they are insane. He's worse than what we had already.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard