Alford Out For Season

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Alford getting injured again was as predictable as Marcus Gilbert getting hurt last year and then opting out this year. Some guys are just genetically predisposed to frequent injuries. In the case of Alford, I’ll give the GM a pass. Gilbert has played less than 50% of games he was supposed to, so shame on Keim for thinking he was going to change his stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dre Kirkpatrick or Morris Claiborne I think would be solid as a replacement if the price isn’t too steep. Logan Ryan as well if they can convince him to stay at CB lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dre Kirkpatrick or Morris Claiborne I think would be solid as a replacement if the price isn’t too steep. Logan Ryan as well if they can convince him to stay at CB lol

Logan Ryan is overrated because he had 4 INT's last year.

He had 4 INT's because he was the most targeted CB in the league and gave up the most receptions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne
Aquib Talib
Trumaine Johnson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Tramon Williams
Ross Cockrell

all guys who are available. The quality of those individuals is debatable. Ross Cockrell would likely be my preference.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne
Aquib Talib
Trumaine Johnson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Tramon Williams
Ross Cockrell

all guys who are available. The quality of those individuals is debatable. Ross Cockrell would likely be my preference.

What's up with Talib? Injured? I know he's long in the tooth, but he's smart and would also know Rams defensive players weaknesses. Could be a good 1 year stopgap, if healthy.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Sucks but I really wasn’t expecting much out Alford anyway.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I mean if Keim had a top 5 grade on him then..
I was saying this in another thread about Byron. Like, all respect to the slot, but Keim's grade/the position he was picked in should really result in a guy who isn't a role player, but a full time starter. It'd be a different story if we had been picking at 32 and slot was our weakness, but we weren't.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was saying this in another thread about Byron. Like, all respect to the slot, but Keim's grade/the position he was picked in should really result in a guy who isn't a role player, but a full time starter. It'd be a different story if we had been picking at 32 and slot was our weakness, but we weren't.

Especially when you have Budda basically holding down that role, anyway. Tough choice to use the 33rd overall pick on a guy who ends up your 4th- or 5th-best DB

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I mean if Keim had a top 5 grade on him then..
I don't buy keim's words after the draft and his grades on the players he drafted
There is something wrong on a GM if he has a top 5 grade on a nickel corner when the team has many glaring needs
I think keim overrated Byron Murphy athleticism and the ability to play on the outside
After mediocre performances he said he was drafted to play nickle...but I do think keim had a different expectation

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was a horrible signing at the time and it's played out exactly like that. It's not hindsight, many many people called this an overpay for a declining, oft-injured player. And they were right.

Thankfully we still have time to address this before the season starts. Last year, I'm pretty sure he hurt himself a day or two before the first games..

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

SLOT was a weakness and at the time it was made clear that his "quicker than fast" and solid ball skill was the reason he was selected.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
SLOT was a weakness and at the time it was made clear that his "quicker than fast" and solid ball skill was the reason he was selected.
The whole team was a weakness at the time. The fact we're uncertain if he can produce outside right now is really troublesome. It's also troublesome that he doesn't really fit into the picture next year when Alford/Peterson could be gone.

Slot may have been a weakness, but now the outside and slot are going to be weaknesses, since Murphy will probably have to shift there again.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, I hate to hear this news. I believe we will be better off than when Alford got hurt last year. 1. Patrick Peterson isn't going to miss time due to suspension. 2. The D line has been upgraded. 3. The LBs have been upgraded. 4. Our offense should be able to score more points. 2 & 3 will give the quarterback less time to find the open receiver, hence makes our backfield better. Go Cards

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard