Alex Len Breaks Finger ...... Will Miss Entire Summer League

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Meh, as long as he is healed up by training camp this isn't a big deal.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would rather have him tune his game up in SL than the regular season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...this guy gets one more injury or surgery and I'm just going to start referring to him as Mr. Glass.

Errntknght

Reaction score
What Len needs is vision therapy - he just doesn't see what's going on around him. I just watched bits of the SL game and twice, at least, he was in position to make a defensive play but didn't see the guy coming.

Men in general have 'tunnel vision' compared to women but he seems to have an extreme case of that. Its typically not a failing of our eyes or nerves, the data is there but the brain ignores it. The good news is that our brain can adjust with training. I had a weeks free trial of a computer program that exercises your peripheral vision and my score went up a good bit in that short time. I hated the exercise so I didn't buy the program. Where I noticed the change in real life, was driving down familiar streets, I was more aware of the houses and trees that lined them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...this guy gets one more injury or surgery and I'm just going to start referring to him as Mr. Glass.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
'Got his finger caught in the uniform of the man he was guarding?

Unfortunately, that leads to the question . . . does that absolve Len . . . or is he a player who can't do his job without getting hurt?

So far, it seems to be the latter. No one blind-sided him. He was actively playing defense and got injured doing it.

And, once again, our two power positions boil down to one, which puts more pressure on Plumlee.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
I have read some opinions of fans / writers that this injury hurts Len's summer significantly, but I don't really see how. I mean, does it even limit him on the basketball court in practice? I'm not a doctor, but players all the time have played through "splints" on their fingers (Dirk during the 2011 Finals comes to mind) - As long as Len doesn't play in a game setting (where a player can swipe down on his hand), can't Len still shoot the ball and even dribble? Or would that risk further injury?

Even if he can't pick up the ball, he can still stay conditioned by running/jumping and doing all the movements needed for basketball (For ex., he can go on the court and just "imagine" he's playing a game - meaning he slides his ft., jumps, boxes out, shoots, etc. - w/ no ball, so he can't get hurt) - And I'm sure he can easily modify his workouts in the wt. room too.

I just don't see this injury hindering Len's summer that much - Sure he misses the 5 summer league games and scrimmages w/ the team, but he'll be able to scrimmage w/ the guys during September and training camp still. In terms of conditioning/Wt. room work/studying, he won't be behind at all.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think fans put waaaaaaaay too much thought into the goings on in the Summer League. It wasnt until very recently (probably about the time NBATV came about and started televising it) that the majority of fans even knew of its existence.

Its a glorified practice where the only guys trying on defense are guys who know their ticket into the league is purely as a defender and everyone else is gunning for their own stats. Its a nice way to let some of the younger guys see the court and get accustomed to the rule differences between the NBA and college. You might get an early glimpse of a special an emerging talent but IMO its not that summer league brings about the growth, its merely the first chance to see the change in some of these guys.

Seriously, most of these guys met for the first time literally days before the first game... and the league lasts a mere 2 weeks, and people are trying to put stock into how these guys are rotating, passing and playing D? Thinking it could make or break someone is comically to me.

IMO the main purpose of its existence is to allow teams to find cheap roster filler (Christmas, Silar, Tabusi) and to try and get the NBA some exposure during the offseason.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's Summer League! AKA Bo Outlaw's Summer Superstar Tour!

Because as we all know, Bo Outlaw TORE IT UP!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard