Against the Blitz + Other stuff

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
I think we should or I hope we are more proactive against the blitz because it looks like that’s how they are gonna try to play K1. Maybe more screens and QB draws, the run option plays look cool, but are risky.
We need to tire out the defense with Running the ball

Other subjects, our defense needs some work. We need linebackers that can cover the pass, can’t have guys that are slow.

We need DJ to not fall down on first contact and to keep his head up, not dropping his head and getting concussed.

Other than that go Cards!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
An Air Raid offense is iffy from the standpoint of protection to began with since it's a quick strike offense meant to take advantage of space in the defense before the QB can be touched by the defense. With the limitations of the number of guys blocking and the spacing of the OL in its foundation state, I think the base foundation has no chance to block a team scheming exotic blitzes like the Raiders showed without revealing the full offense. The Cardinals from my understanding are not showing there protection schemes during preseason or actual tempo of the offensive formations of the full enchilada which is this offense. K9 made a very valid point when he explained the blocking schemes of this offense even when they do show it and will they have enough options to block the various pressure packages a NFL defense can implement

OP
OP
Skipper1111

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, I agree with both.

*Also about K1’s clapping before the snap, didn’t Payton Manning always do a bunch of claps before the snap?

*And yes about another thread we need to draft/hire motivated and talented OLine and Dline, Linebackers that have speed, a top quality CB and a RB and maybe even a a good safety that is good at pass defense.
I’m sorry we need so much:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave