Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reaching with this one, but could it go something like:

RCB PP7
SS Toler
FS Rhodes
LCB DRC
Nickel Mighty Mike

OLBs A-Dub, Shofield, Davis, Acho (Haggans and Porter are gone)
ILBs Washington, Hayes, Lennon

DTs Williams, Watson or Branch
DEs Dockett, Campbell, Iwebema

If we're not sold on Davis we retain Haggans for another year and go OLB in RD 2 next year. Even if I'm totally off target at least it makes me feel like there is a reason we didn't put more into the defense with that 3rd pick.

A-dub doesn't really cover (or cover well) anyhow. We up the speed at OLB and improve the coverage in the secondary by moving 1 player.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want to see AW all over, roaming the LOS, dropping back (a little), I want him to be that piece the other team doesn't know how to account for, I wouldn't even assign him a position. :)

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's one thing to be a good blitzing safety, it's a world of difference being a good pass rushing OLB. Sure, he can beat a RB or TE, but there is no way in hell he is going to beat tackles.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
How can you expect a guy on the plus side of 30 to change positions all of a sudden?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No and this topic needs to stop being brought up.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I think what is more likely is 3-3-5 packages

RCB PP7
FS Rhodes
SS Wilson
LCB DRC
NB Toler

OLBs Schofield, Acho
ILB DWash
DL CC, DWill, DD

ADub, PP7, DRC, and Toler all have the ability to blitz the QB, we could disguise our coverage and send one of them out of this lineup.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think what is more likely is 3-3-5 packages

RCB PP7
FS Rhodes
SS Wilson
LCB DRC
NB Toler

OLBs Schofield, Acho
ILB DWash
DL CC, DWill, DD

ADub, PP7, DRC, and Toler all have the ability to blitz the QB, we could disguise our coverage and send one of them out of this lineup.

No reason to have Dan Williams on the field in passing situations. He can't really do any good there, and you'd prefer to have him fresh for first and second downs.

Last year we put Dockett at the nose on passing downs with Campbell and Porter as ends. I'd expect to see Schofield and Acho at DE (and PP7 as the Nickel back where he can blitz and create havoc closer to the QB) early in the season. But we'll likely see Schofield in more running downs because we for some reason believe that Joey Porter can put pressure on the passer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard