A day without a mexican...

DbaxJ

I was lost but now I'm found
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet. My wife has seen the previews and told me about it, but I dont know much about it.... I guess the premise is everyone in LA wakes up one day and there are no mexicans.... and how people cope without having someone cleaning houses, making food and all that yadda yadda stuff.......

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DbaxJ said:
Has anyone seen this yet. My wife has seen the previews and told me about it, but I dont know much about it.... I guess the premise is everyone in LA wakes up one day and there are no mexicans.... and how people cope without having someone cleaning houses, making food and all that yadda yadda stuff.......

I remember seeing the trailer for this and thinking "wow, I'd lay some money on protests". Looks like it is a goofball comedy.

A-Bomb

OP
OP
D

DbaxJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not sure how to take this one, since my wife has only "told" me about it... I thought I would ask and see if anyone here has heard/seen it yet...

monsoonaz

Reaction score
My cousin saw this movie and he said it was pretty bad. He said that there was a group of Mexicans in the theatre and they got up and left during the movie. Don't know if it was because the movie sucked or if they were offended. I would guess that the movie sucked, from his account. He thought it was boring.

OP
OP
D

DbaxJ

Reaction score
monsoonaz said:
My cousin saw this movie and he said it was pretty bad. He said that there was a group of Mexicans in the theatre and they got up and left during the movie. Don't know if it was because the movie sucked or if they were offended. I would guess that the movie sucked, from his account. He thought it was boring.
LOL Ok.. thanks... I wasnt planning on running out and seeing it, but wanted to hear something about it!!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
monsoonaz said:

That is kind of lame considering it was written and, I believe directed by Latinos. As a tounge-in-cheek comedy it should be palatable.

A-Bomb

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I watched this last night. Kind of odd. :|

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've seen it.
I found parts of it interesting.
The point of the film is to show what would happen in California if all the Mexicans vanished for a day. Some things you would think of, but there were others that aren't that obvious.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I likened watching this movie to getting a root canal. Interesting premise, but terrible execution.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard