7 Cardinals made the Pro Bowl

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Sweet!!

Per Jurecki

SEVEN CARDINALS SELECTED TO 2016 PRO BOWL
Most Selections in 38 Years for Team
Tempe, AZ – Seven Arizona Cardinals players – special teamer JUSTIN BETHEL, defensive tackle CALAIS CAMPBELL, wide receiver LARRY FITZGERALD, guard, MIKE IUPATI, safety TYRANN MATHIEU, quarterback CARSON PALMER, and cornerback PATRICK PETERSON - have been selected to represent the team at the 2016 Pro Bowl.
In addition, running back CHRIS JOHNSON was selected as an alternate.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good showing

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice job BASK and of course to the players.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm hoping they'll need to find replacements for all of them.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If...if...the Cards don't make the SB, the Pro Bowl is the week before. Timing-wise, could CJ play in that game or would he have to sit it out on the IR list for one more week? Just wondering on the protocol for that in general because we will be heading to Santa Clara anyway.

Also, CJ was due a bonus if he made the Pro Bowl, IIRC. Wonder if it kicks in as an alternate status?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Tyrann won't play since he is out for the year. So another slot opens up for someone.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's had some bad games this year.. Was better last year..

I disagree and wonder what you base that on. I think he's been exceptional. Palmer leads the league in average yards per pass attempt, he's sitting back there picking out targets, yet we're ranked 4th in the NFL in sacks given up. Veldheer is the main reason. He was good last year, sure, but he's been nothing short of exceptional this year. Palmer is sitting back there and chucking it and you can't do that without a great LT. What are you basing that on? What games was he bad in and why?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I disagree and wonder what you base that on. I think he's been exceptional. Palmer leads the league in average yards per pass attempt, he's sitting back there picking out targets, yet we're ranked 4th in the NFL in sacks given up. Veldheer is the main reason. He was good last year, sure, but he's been nothing short of exceptional this year. Palmer is sitting back there and chucking it and you can't do that without a great LT. What are you basing that on? What games was he bad in and why?

Shane is right, he was better last season but he has still been great this year... what a great addition!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has given up 4 or 5 sacks that I can recall. That is way too many for a top ranked LT. It is light years better than what we had, but he hasn't had a probowl year.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has given up 4 or 5 sacks that I can recall. That is way too many for a top ranked LT. It is light years better than what we had, but he hasn't had a probowl year.

No, no, and no. I'm assuming you're correct, let's assume he gave up 5 sacks, I'm too lazy now to look it up, but let's assume, he's still protecting the QB who chucks it further and more often than any other QB, by far. Palmer is chucking it. Often. We're 4th in the NFL in sacks given up. That matters. Veldheer is awesome and has played awesome this year, better than last year.

Comparing him last year and saying he's great, when he's protecting a backup and a Lindley is ridic. Those dudes were making panic throws and getting it out quick. Palmer is making deep throws and being decisive and making every throw. Veldheer has been awesome this year. Period.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Multiple penalties this year too unlike last

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
No, no, and no. I'm assuming you're correct, let's assume he gave up 5 sacks, I'm too lazy now to look it up, but let's assume, he's still protecting the QB who chucks it further and more often than any other QB, by far. Palmer is chucking it. Often. We're 4th in the NFL in sacks given up. That matters. Veldheer is awesome and has played awesome this year, better than last year.

Comparing him last year and saying he's great, when he's protecting a backup and a Lindley is ridic. Those dudes were making panic throws and getting it out quick. Palmer is making deep throws and being decisive and making every throw. Veldheer has been awesome this year. Period.

Maybe its because we still have memories fresh in our mind of the Ghost of football past LT in Levi Brown! Veldy looks like a HOFer compared to Levi!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous Shane, you know better. I'd actually almost claim Veldheer as our MVP if not for Palmer himself.

Hardly ridiculous... You like the guy I get it.. So do I.. But he wa a better last year and apparently at least 2 posters agree with me ;)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe its because we still have memories fresh in our mind of the Ghost of football past LT in Levi Brown! Veldy looks like a HOFer compared to Levi!

It's not that, it's just that it's obvious to anyone who watches football that Palmer is throwing it deeper than any QB in football every single day, without being sacked. That isn't easy. And Palmer is old school, as is BA, so they're taking long drops, 5 and 7 step drops to toss it, with Palmer only throwing it after hitting his back foot. That isn't easy in today's NFL.

I just think Shane and others don't know what they're evaluating.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hardly ridiculous... You like the guy I get it.. So do I.. But he wa a better last year and apparently at least 2 posters agree with me ;)

I don't "like" him. Don't care about him at all, I just know good football. Unlike you and your two friends who agree with you. That makes 3 of you wrong. No big.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Veldheer still has been great, but just an obvious step-down from last year. Which says a lot about him.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Veldheer still has been great, but just an obvious step-down from last year. Which says a lot about him.

So prove that he's been worse than last year. On what do you base that on? He's had Palmer this year a full year, and Palmer is chucking it deep and leads the league in average yards per attempt. Explain to me how he's worse than last year. Explain that to us all please, and that goes for Shane and the rest of you. Please explain, when this is the first year Palmer has led the league in yards per attempt, leads the league in points, leads the league in yards. Please explain how he's regressed from last year.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who made the pro bowl at LT ahead of Veldheer?

Can't really just say the guy should have made it. A more convincing argument would be to make a claim of who he was better than that did get in.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who made the pro bowl at LT ahead of Veldheer?

Can't really just say the guy should have made it. A more convincing argument would be to make a claim of who he was better than that did get in.

Tackles: Tyron Smith (DAL), Joe Thomas (CLE), Terron Armstead (NO), Andrew Whitworth (CIN), Mitchell Schwartz (CLE), and Ryan Schraeder (ATL)

Some good teams there, give me a break. And when you consider what Veldheer has given our team it's a joke. Joe Thomas annoys me because he's never had to play in a big game or do anything at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard