• 25-50% chance

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • 0-25% chance

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really??? First off wasn't his play calling severely questioned in blowing a 28 point SB lead?

Every team has injuries. Pittsburgh was winning with Mason and Duck at QB. Bill B. won with Matt Cassell. Like mentioned, BA won with Stanton. The Eagles won it all with Foles. The Saints were undefeated with Teddy at QB. The list goes on and on.
exactly this, and none had one of the best D-lines and D on the other side.

I'm still not 100% sold on Shanahan, sometimes he has a good called game, but his playcalls in playoffs and SB are ... very ... very ... suspect

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd take him over Kingsbury in a second but Shanny doesn't make drafting the 3rd QB off the board a slam dunk... he certainly helps, but I still think its a high risk proposition...

If this doesnt work out they are screwed till like 2025

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really??? First off wasn't his play calling severely questioned in blowing a 28 point SB lead?

Every team has injuries. Pittsburgh was winning with Mason and Duck at QB. Bill B. won with Matt Cassell. Like mentioned, BA won with Stanton. The Eagles won it all with Foles. The Saints were undefeated with Teddy at QB. The list goes on and on.
You’re welcome to believe what you believe, obviously. But it wasn’t just the QB that shanahan was missing that team was a MASH unit. Even down to his third string QB. Same can’t really be said for those other teams. Also, what do casa elk, foles, and teddy have in common that the dreck shanahan didn’t? Oh yeah, talent. Cassell took another team to the playoffs. Foles had playoff success. Teddy was a first round pick.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Went 25 50 bosa coming back from injury jimmy g rookie qb maybe situation

Plus being a cards fan i never want 49ers to win lol im jelous of there super bowls :(

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If you want to question his coaching in the Super Bowl, you probably have a strong argument. However, you are questions his ability as an NFL OC and coach which has been pretty stellar. The 49ers are 22-8 when Jimmy G starts.

I am curious how you equate Nick Foles and Teddy Bridgewater to Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard. I don't really see them as comparable

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
too many variables here for the 49ers

question one: do they keep Garrapolo?

if they do, the pressure on him will be immense. Further, a couple so-so games that they lose where he is just "ok" and the pressure will start to ratchet up to put QB taken at #3 overall in. Guys in the locker room start to wonder who is their best bet at QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Saints won with Taysom Hill this year too. Washington almost won a playoff game with their 3rd or 4th Qb this year. McVay beat the cards in essentially a playoff game with some guy nobody ever heard of.

Ok, I’ll give you 2 things. One, Shanahan is good coach when everything goes right.

Two, I’d rather him than Kingsbury any day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Saints won with Taysom Hill this year too. Washington almost won a playoff game with their 3rd or 4th Qb this year. McVay beat the cards in essentially a playoff game with some guy nobody ever heard of.

Ok, I’ll give you 2 things. One, Shanahan is good coach when everything goes right.

Two, I’d rather him than Kingsbury any day.
So your argument is that two of the best coaches in the nfl are better than shanahan? Well, no one is arguing Shanahan is better than McVay or Peyton.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Shanahan is a good coach, but lets not make him out to be Belichek part 2

same coach that beat the Cards with CJ Beathard is the same one the Cards beat to open the season

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
So your argument is that two of the best coaches in the nfl are better than shanahan? Well, no one is arguing Shanahan is better than McVay or Peyton.
It was posted that we don’t realize how good a coach shanahan really is.

I responded some of us know about exactly what kind of coach he is. That’s what started this.

I said he’s below .500 coach. Which he is. You and others came in with the injury excuses. I showed how good coaches deal with it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I responded some of us know about exactly what kind of coach he is. That’s what started this.

I said he’s below .500 coach. Which he is. You and others came in with the injury excuses. I showed how good coaches deal with it.

Agree he built with the GM a good roster, especially the defense, but in the nfl if u get the wrong qb the fall is pretty quickly for everyone
Look at Whisehunt

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Welp I’m pretty sure you’re way on the wrong side of the consensus on this in league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Again, zero context argument. That is like saying Bill Belichick bad coach without Tom Brady because his record is 59-69. It's true, but it isn't true.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Welp I’m pretty sure you’re way on the wrong side of the consensus on this in league.
In your opinion or are your pretty sure? Doesn't a mortgage company have an advertisement campaign currnetly running about being "pretty sure".

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Again, zero context argument. That is like saying Bill Belichick bad coach without Tom Brady because his record is 59-69. It's true, but it isn't true.
Ok, I got it.

In context, yours I guess, or it suits your POV, Shanahan is a great coach as long as there are few injuries and his QB plays every game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In your opinion or are your pretty sure? Doesn't a mortgage company have an advertisement campaign currnetly running about being "pretty sure".
Yup, I’m also pretty sure that none of those consequences really have any relevance to this conversation. If you think he’s a bad coach due solely to his record that’s your prerogative. I think it’s poor analysis.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shanahan is a very good coach that has been getting stricken by injuries during his tenure. I do think some on social media tends to think he walks on water, but still, very good coach.

I do fear McVay more as an overall HC tho. Even counting Shanny’s SB team, we played them close in every single matchup he has arrived. Can’t say that about McVay.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what Fields does in NFL. Big arm, accurate, will stand in pocket under pressure, 6'3" 225lb but wheels to scramble. Just hoping he doesn't land in the NFC West if his talent translates to the NFL.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say about 20% given that only about 12 of the last 60 first round QBs have turned out to be proven franchise qb caliber and that is being generous by counting those without 10 years. Sure, they are drafting early, but early has not translated to success.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Yup, I’m also pretty sure that none of those consequences really have any relevance to this conversation. If you think he’s a bad coach due solely to his record that’s your prerogative. I think it’s poor analysis.
Thank you. I actually LOL'd at this. How do you judge coaches?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thank you. I actually LOL'd at this. How do you judge coaches?
How well they maximize the talent they’re given and facts and circumstances they’re dealt. Record in a vacuum is a lazy and unsophisticated “analysis” (and I put that in quotes bc I don’t think it actually qualifies as “analysis”).

your way of thinking results in firing the best manager when you’ve given him/her no talent, the worst accounts, during a terrible industry event and they still manage to turn a minor profit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose