• 25-50% chance

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • 0-25% chance

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This Justin Fields Kid is going to be a serious problem. Especially going to a coach like Shanahan who has coached him before and familiar with him as a qb and person.

Will get Keim fired with the next 2 years

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How well they maximize the talent they’re given and facts and circumstances they’re dealt. Record in a vacuum is a lazy and unsophisticated “analysis” (and I put that in quotes bc I don’t think it actually qualifies as “analysis”).

your way of thinking results in firing the best manager when you’ve given him/her no talent, the worst accounts, during a terrible industry event and they still manage to turn a minor profit.
So, by your analysis, Hue Jackson could be right, given that he says he was lied to about the Browns roster, and could very well be a great HC that was put in a bad situation.
It's not KK's fault that he's been a loser very year but one. Just tough circumstances.

The NFL is about bottom line results, wins and losses, and that's how every coach is judged.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, by your analysis, Hue Jackson could be right, given that he says he was lied to about the Browns roster, and could very well be a great HC that was put in a bad situation.
It's not KK's fault that he's been a loser very year but one. Just tough circumstances.

The NFL is about bottom line results, wins and losses, and that's how every coach is judged.
Hue Jackson could be right, yes. But his coaching would come into play too. Even if given poor talent did he maximize it? What were the situations in terms of injuries? To key players? What were his schedules like? All that to say, record isn’t immaterial, but it’s stupid to make it the sole arbiter of a coach’s ability as you argue should be the case.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You would have actively argued against the patriots hiring bill belicheck due to his record in Cleveland.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You would have actively argued against the patriots hiring bill belicheck due to his record in Cleveland.
I wouldn’t have been thrilled. And I’m sure nobody saw his success coming.
In fact, he’s often used as an example when guys fail in their first go round.

However, he’s more the exception. I’m sure they’re out there, but not many coaches come to mind who were a lot better their 2nd time.

I’m guessing Shanahan is more likely to be fired than become an elite HC.

In the NFC, I think the only elite HCs are Arians and Payton(I guess you could throw Carroll in there but I can’t stand him) with McVay, Rivera, and LaFleur in the next group.

im not saying Shanahan is a bad coach. I just not slobbering over a guy with 2 out of 3 seasons with less than 6 wins.

I do think KK is a bad coach though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

However, he’s more the exception. I’m sure they’re out there, but not many coaches come to mind who were a lot better their 2nd time.

In the NFC, I think the only elite HCs are Arians and Payton(I guess you could throw Carroll in there but I can’t stand him) with McVay, Rivera, and LaFleur in the next group.

im not saying Shanahan is a bad coach. I just not slobbering over a guy with 2 out of 3 seasons with less than 6 wins.

I think you’re wrong on the no one saw his success coming. I believe in league circles he was widely viewed as the next big thing even after Cleveland.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Context isn’t your friend at all huh

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I probably would say that Shanahan is the best coach in the NFC though I really like Bruce. We will see what Payton looks like without Brees and I don't believe it will look special. I think Payton is about one degree from Mike McCarthy. Carroll holds his team back. Bruce needed Brady. LeFluer has a HOF QB and learned from Kyle Shanahan. I am very curious to see what McVay can do with Stafford.

For those who will push back...Kyle has lost Super Bowls to Brady and Mahomes with Matt Ryan and Jimmy G. Bruce, Payton, Carroll and Lafluer all have HOF QBs. I think Bruce, Kyle and McVay have shown they can get the most out of what they have at QB and that means a lot to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose