• 25-50% chance

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • 0-25% chance

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Other than the 13 win season, the best record he’s had is 6-10.

maybe some of us do realize just how good he is.
A true zero-context take.

In the only season in SF where Jimmy stayed healthy they went to the Super Bowl.

Prior to that he took Matt Ryan to the Super Bowl in Atlanta. I say he took them because in his first year as OC, they went 8-8 (following two sub .500 seasons) and then the next year they won 11 games and went to the Super Bowl. After he left they had one above 500 season over 4 seasons and the coach got fired.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
A true zero-context take.

In the only season in SF where Jimmy stayed healthy they went to the Super Bowl.

Prior to that he took Matt Ryan to the Super Bowl in Atlanta. I say he took them because in his first year as OC, they went 8-8 (following two sub .500 seasons) and then the next year they won 11 games and went to the Super Bowl. After he left they had one above 500 season over 4 seasons and the coach got fired.
Really??? First off wasn't his play calling severely questioned in blowing a 28 point SB lead?

Every team has injuries. Pittsburgh was winning with Mason and Duck at QB. Bill B. won with Matt Cassell. Like mentioned, BA won with Stanton. The Eagles won it all with Foles. The Saints were undefeated with Teddy at QB. The list goes on and on.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really??? First off wasn't his play calling severely questioned in blowing a 28 point SB lead?

Every team has injuries. Pittsburgh was winning with Mason and Duck at QB. Bill B. won with Matt Cassell. Like mentioned, BA won with Stanton. The Eagles won it all with Foles. The Saints were undefeated with Teddy at QB. The list goes on and on.
exactly this, and none had one of the best D-lines and D on the other side.

I'm still not 100% sold on Shanahan, sometimes he has a good called game, but his playcalls in playoffs and SB are ... very ... very ... suspect

Zeem_Freeze

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd take him over Kingsbury in a second but Shanny doesn't make drafting the 3rd QB off the board a slam dunk... he certainly helps, but I still think its a high risk proposition...

If this doesnt work out they are screwed till like 2025

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You’re welcome to believe what you believe, obviously. But it wasn’t just the QB that shanahan was missing that team was a MASH unit. Even down to his third string QB. Same can’t really be said for those other teams. Also, what do casa elk, foles, and teddy have in common that the dreck shanahan didn’t? Oh yeah, talent. Cassell took another team to the playoffs. Foles had playoff success. Teddy was a first round pick.

mjb21aztd

Reaction score
Went 25 50 bosa coming back from injury jimmy g rookie qb maybe situation

Plus being a cards fan i never want 49ers to win lol im jelous of there super bowls :(

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If you want to question his coaching in the Super Bowl, you probably have a strong argument. However, you are questions his ability as an NFL OC and coach which has been pretty stellar. The 49ers are 22-8 when Jimmy G starts.

I am curious how you equate Nick Foles and Teddy Bridgewater to Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard. I don't really see them as comparable

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
too many variables here for the 49ers

question one: do they keep Garrapolo?

if they do, the pressure on him will be immense. Further, a couple so-so games that they lose where he is just "ok" and the pressure will start to ratchet up to put QB taken at #3 overall in. Guys in the locker room start to wonder who is their best bet at QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Saints won with Taysom Hill this year too. Washington almost won a playoff game with their 3rd or 4th Qb this year. McVay beat the cards in essentially a playoff game with some guy nobody ever heard of.

Ok, I’ll give you 2 things. One, Shanahan is good coach when everything goes right.

Two, I’d rather him than Kingsbury any day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Saints won with Taysom Hill this year too. Washington almost won a playoff game with their 3rd or 4th Qb this year. McVay beat the cards in essentially a playoff game with some guy nobody ever heard of.

Ok, I’ll give you 2 things. One, Shanahan is good coach when everything goes right.

Two, I’d rather him than Kingsbury any day.
So your argument is that two of the best coaches in the nfl are better than shanahan? Well, no one is arguing Shanahan is better than McVay or Peyton.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Shanahan is a good coach, but lets not make him out to be Belichek part 2

same coach that beat the Cards with CJ Beathard is the same one the Cards beat to open the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik