22 Jump Street

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun movie. Channing and Jonah really do work well off each other.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22 Jump Street

Release Date: June 12, 2014 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Phil Lord, Chris Miller
Screenwriter: Michael Bacall, Rodney Rothman, Oren Uziel
Genre: Action, Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for language throughout, sexual content, drug material, brief nudity and some violence)

Starring: Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Ice Cube, Amber Stevens, Craig Roberts

Plot Summary: After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. Now they don't have to just crack the case - they have to figure out if they can have a mature relationship. If these two overgrown adolescents can grow from freshmen into real men, college might be the best thing that ever happened to them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this with Wendy Saturday. It is funny and does a good job laughing at itself.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie was hilarious. Easily one of the funniest movies I have seen all year. The show was basically making fun of itself as a sequel which was funny in itself. I won't spoil it but Ice Cube has a better part and there is one scene with the 3 of them that killed me. LOL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half of the movie was more clever then funny, but as soon as the big Cube thing drops, the movie's laughs catch up with its cleverness.

And the end credits sequence is pretty awesome.

Not as good as the first one, but still pretty solid entertainment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even with Cheese's money. Nay, not even for free.

you're missing solid comedy here. did you even watch the first one? it was pretty damn hilarious to me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
you're missing solid comedy here. did you even watch the first one? it was pretty damn hilarious to me.

Yeah, no thanks--so no, I didn't. Tatum does a lot of crap, though he can kind of act. If Jonah Hill isn't being raped by a demon, or at least doing a serious role, guaranteed I will just become violently angry and hate him even more. Not only isn't Jonah Hill funny, he can attempt comedy but achieve tragedy instead.

After watching this, how about checking out Magic Mike or something lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Completely agree. I expected ZERO out of the first one as was pretty annoyed that one of my favorite shows was given the "comedy" treatment. 99% of the time comedy treatments of TV show favorites suck.

The first one surprised the hell out of me. The second didn't disappoint. I hope they quit while they are ahead and just leave it alone now.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no thanks--so no, I didn't.

so, in other words, you have no idea what you're talking about here. good to know.

Tatum does a lot of crap, though he can kind of act. If Jonah Hill isn't being raped by a demon, or at least doing a serious role, guaranteed I will just become violently angry and hate him even more. Not only isn't Jonah Hill funny, he can attempt comedy but achieve tragedy instead.

lol...hilarious! sheesh...something crawl up your butt and die today?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no thanks--so no, I didn't. Tatum does a lot of crap, though he can kind of act. If Jonah Hill isn't being raped by a demon, or at least doing a serious role, guaranteed I will just become violently angry and hate him even more. Not only isn't Jonah Hill funny, he can attempt comedy but achieve tragedy instead.

Holy negative batman.

Magic mike has 0 appeal, the jump street series had me laughing my ass off.

But, if you didnt enjoy superbad, this is the end or any other jonah hill movies, dont bother.

But if you hate them both and have zero interest, its odd you post so much about the movie.

anyway, 5 stars from me. Both of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
so, in other words, you have no idea what you're talking about here. good to know.

lol...hilarious! sheesh...something crawl up your butt and die today?

TODAY??

Dude, pick a movie, virtually ANY movie, and this is the reaction you're going to get. And he hasn't even seen it!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TODAY??

Dude, pick a movie, virtually ANY movie, and this is the reaction you're going to get. And he hasn't even seen it!

Depends on whether or not, Scarlett J is in it. Pile on Stout!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Holy negative batman.

But, if you didnt enjoy superbad, this is the end or any other jonah hill movies, dont bother.

But if you hate them both and have zero interest, its odd you post so much about the movie.

Lol Yeah, I was having a bad day yesterday. I saw this thread had been bumped again, and figured I was in for some well-earned digs :D

I liked Superbad okay, with the major exception of Jonah Hill. He played a raging douche who somehow got the girl. I loved This Is The End, basically because he played a raging douche that got demon-raped :D I don't hate Tatum, but like I said, he can lay a goose egg.

But yeah, I deserve the bashing for this one.

TODAY??

No, you're just a Stout hater. I disagree with you often, and you don't like it. Remember that big disagreement over Elysium, though, where I blasted people for NOT liking it. Nice try, Chap. I like good movies, I bag on bad ones. And sometimes, just sometimes, I act like a douche like I did earlier on this thread :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol Yeah, I was having a bad day yesterday. I saw this thread had been bumped again, and figured I was in for some well-earned digs :D

I liked Superbad okay, with the major exception of Jonah Hill. He played a raging douche who somehow got the girl. I loved This Is The End, basically because he played a raging douche that got demon-raped :D I don't hate Tatum, but like I said, he can lay a goose egg.

But yeah, I deserve the bashing for this one.

No, you're just a Stout hater. I disagree with you often, and you don't like it. Remember that big disagreement over Elysium, though, where I blasted people for NOT liking it. Nice try, Chap. I like good movies, I bag on bad ones. And sometimes, just sometimes, I act like a douche like I did earlier on this thread :D

if you enjoyed those 2 movies, I do think you will like the jump street series. Maybe redbox 21 jump street and see what you think? I assure you that you could do much worse on a wednesday night.

ps: Jonah hill was hilarious in superbad! it wouldnt have worked without him :)

His role in this is the end was ok, my least favorite of his I would say.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard that everyone liked that I talked to. Plus, seeing what the majority of you have said, I will be going to see it for sure. Need to asap because it will be gone soon

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy negative batman.

Thanks for this. I was going to give it a try based on all the positive comments here but I didn't enjoy Superbad or This is the End so I'll quit while I'm still behind. I don't even have the nostalgic link to the TV series as I never saw even a short moment of that show.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I was going to give it a try based on all the positive comments here but I didn't enjoy Superbad or This is the End so I'll quit while I'm still behind. I don't even have the nostalgic link to the TV series as I never saw even a short moment of that show.

Steve

I had no nostalgic link at all, just love the comedy of the show. If you dont like that type of comedy, this movie is similar.