22 Jump Street

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no nostalgic link at all, just love the comedy of the show. If you dont like that type of comedy, this movie is similar.

Yeah I was just going to see it because of the comments here and the fact my wife and I like Channing Tatum. But if it's similar to Superbad or Knocked Up or This is the End, then it's just not our kind of movie.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This wasn't bad, not the greatest movie in the world but funny enough to be entertaining, which is all you really want in a movie like this.

The first one was a pleasant surprise, considering how awful most throwback/retread/remakes are.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This wasn't bad, not the greatest movie in the world but funny enough to be entertaining, which is all you really want in a movie like this.

The first one was a pleasant surprise, considering how awful most throwback/retread/remakes are.
Stout called. He suggests no seeing ALL OF THEM.

:shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was just going to see it because of the comments here and the fact my wife and I like Channing Tatum. But if it's similar to Superbad or Knocked Up or This is the End, then it's just not our kind of movie.

Steve

yeah if your not fond of penis and fart jokes, its likely not for you.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree 100%. Most of these remakes of TV shows plain stink. I have seen so many bad comedies in the last couple years all I want to do is enjoy it and be entertained. This delivered.

Do you agree though they should probably just leave this alone now? Seemed like a fitting ending to me. Knowing Hollywood they will revisit this in a couple years for a cash run and it will suck.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Most of these remakes of TV shows plain stink. I have seen so many bad comedies in the last couple years all I want to do is enjoy it and be entertained. This delivered.

Do you agree though they should probably just leave this alone now? Seemed like a fitting ending to me. Knowing Hollywood they will revisit this in a couple years for a cash run and it will suck.

With those credits, I would say they made it seem like a finale until the inevitable reboot, but you never know. They still have Holly Robinson Peete to make a cameo, so there's that...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With those credits, I would say they made it seem like a finale until the inevitable reboot, but you never know. They still have Holly Robinson Peete to make a cameo, so there's that...

the end basically told me they are done with the series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the end basically told me they are done with the series.

Y'all are bonkers. I don't know if the directors will be back (those guys are ON FIRE right now) but the boffo box office receipts told me there's only one way there won't be another one in two years, and that would only be because either Hill or Tatum dropped dead.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all are bonkers. I don't know if the directors will be back (those guys are ON FIRE right now) but the boffo box office receipts told me there's only one way there won't be another one in two years, and that would only be because either Hill or Tatum dropped dead.

did you watch the end credits though? Between that and the jokes of "were doing the same thing" and etc it felt like they were setting it up to be the end. Id like to see more if they kept it as fresh and funny but i dont think they can.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you watch the end credits though? Between that and the jokes of "were doing the same thing" and etc it felt like they were setting it up to be the end. Id like to see more if they kept it as fresh and funny but i dont think they can.

I saw the end credits...I think they were having fun with the idea that this series could never end, and if it keeps raking in money the way it has, reality is it never will.

both of these movies were relatively cheap and both were monster hits. no studio in their right mind stops there. with very few sure things left in Hollywood and you can bet your ass the studio will keep going to the well until it runs dry, especially when it doesn't cost 200 million dollars to do so like it does with Transformers/Spiderman. costs are pretty low and the return rate on the investment so far has been a smash. this franchise is a studio's wet dream. Again, that doesn't mean the writer/directors come back, but the franchise will move on with or without them. And a movie like this for Tatum/Jonah is a a sure-fire money maker that they can alternate with something a little arty-er which they won't get to make a lot of money on. Basically, they're in a really good place to do a "one for them, one for me" career path.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the end credits...I think they were having fun with the idea that this series could never end, and if it keeps raking in money the way it has, reality is it never will.

both of these movies were relatively cheap and both were monster hits. no studio in their right mind stops there. with very few sure things left in Hollywood and you can bet your ass the studio will keep going to the well until it runs dry, especially when it doesn't cost 200 million dollars to do so like it does with Transformers/Spiderman. costs are pretty low and the return rate on the investment so far has been a smash. this franchise is a studio's wet dream. Again, that doesn't mean the writer/directors come back, but the franchise will move on with or without them. And a movie like this for Tatum/Noah is a a sure-fire money maker that they can alternate with something a little arty-er which they won't get to make a lot of money on. Basically, they're in a really good place to do a "one for them, one for me" career path.

if they can keep it great, im all for it but I think after 2 it has run its course.

I could be wrong, i thought the second one wouldnt be as good.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they can keep it great, im all for it but I think after 2 it has run its course.

I could be wrong, i thought the second one wouldnt be as good.

I just don't want them to ruin it like so many franchises do by going to the well too many times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't want them to ruin it like so many franchises do by going to the well too many times.

they'll go to the well until it runs dry...and that well is flush with water right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more and more I think about this, the more I think my initial reaction was off. This could be RIDICULOUS if handled correctly. I mean, they'd REALLY have to just fully lay in to the absurdity of the whole thing the way they handled sequelitis in 22. But if they pull it off, it could be hilarious.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Flippin hilarious. So dumb but so funny.

It sounds like another film might be in the works.

From Wiki:
MIB 23
On September 10, 2014, a third Jump Street film was confirmed.[2] Channing Tatum has yet to sign on to the project. Tatum stated, "I don't know if that joke works three times, so we'll see."[3] On August 7, 2015, it was revealed that Lord and Miller will not direct the film, but instead write and produce. A first draft of the film's script has been completed.[4] On December 10, 2014, it was revealed that Sony was planning a crossover between Men in Black and Jump Street. The news was leaked after Sony's system was hacked[5] and then confirmed by the directors of the films, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, during an interview about it.[6][7] James Bobin was announced as the director in January 2016.[8][9] The title of the crossover was later revealed to be MIB 23, and the crossover would replace a 23 Jump Street film. By August 2016, Jonah Hill considered that MIB 23 would be hard to make, as "They’re trying to make all the deals, but it’s kind of impossible with all the Men in Black stuff", and "it’s hard to maintain that joke when it’s so high stakes" given the film would get too close to the sort of remake, sequel and reboot the previous films mocked. Still, Hill hoped to make a third Jump Street.[10] In December 2016 it was revealed that Rodney Rothman had written a script for the film, and that Bobin is still attached as director for the movie.[11]

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s dead. I believe there is a men in Black reboot coming, but it’s not a crossover.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s dead. I believe there is a men in Black reboot coming, but it’s not a crossover.

Yeah they killed that. Thank goodness. It might have been one of the dumbest ideas in Hollywood history.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose